The Official BYU Rugby Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Official BYU Rugby Thread

I didn't see another one. Merge as needed.

BYU is going for its fourth straight Varsity Cup right now. I don't really know the rules, but it's fun to watch.
    "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

link or channel?

Comment

Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
      link or channel?
      NBCSN
      "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

too bad. it was a good match.
        PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Originally posted by creekster View Post
          too bad. it was a good match.
          Too many handling errors by BYU in the first half when they could have built a big lead. Instead they were only up 2 at half.
          "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

Originally posted by hostile View Post
            Too many handling errors by BYU in the first half when they could have built a big lead. Instead they were only up 2 at half.
            Yes; it was a very sloppy first half.

After listening to the interview with Webb, it is a little like their kiwi beat ours.
            PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Originally posted by creekster View Post
              Yes; it was a very sloppy first half.

After listening to the interview with Webb, it is a little like their kiwi beat ours.
              He had a great 2nd half. Pinpoint defensive kicking and no misses on conversions after taking over the kicking duties. His kick and chase down the sideline to tackle the fullback into touch was very well executed.

Comment

Hostile, you probably have heard something. Is BYU rugby dead? USA Rugby made rules so RMs lose a year of eligibility, so BYU and Cal start Varsity Cup. Now the word is BYU is out of the Varsity Cup and there are swirling allegations of cheating and ineligible players.

My opinion of USA Rugby is pretty low, a very political organization run by guys who aren't real bright, but it looks like BYU rugby is in real trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by TexTechCoug View Post
                  Hostile, you probably have heard something. Is BYU rugby dead? USA Rugby made rules so RMs lose a year of eligibility, so BYU and Cal start Varsity Cup. Now the word is BYU is out of the Varsity Cup and there are swirling allegations of cheating and ineligible players.

My opinion of USA Rugby is pretty low, a very political organization run by guys who aren't real bright, but it looks like BYU rugby is in real trouble.
                  There was a news article about this over the summer, but it quickly disappeared.
                  Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
                    There was a news article about this over the summer, but it quickly disappeared.
                    I'd be interested in the article. As far as I know USA Rugby has nothing to do with VC.

Comment

Originally posted by OceanBlue View Post
                      I'd be interested in the article. As far as I know USA Rugby has nothing to do with VC.
                      It showed up on my facebook feed. I read it, then I forwarded it to some friends who played for BYU Rugby and the link was broken.

IIRC, it complained that BYU used a kid who played in the NFL (that doesn't necessarily kill eligibility) and used older players with semi-pro experience overseas. Sounds a bit like the Men's volleyball stuff that happened a decade ago.
                      Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

CougarBoard is saying the administration is pulling the rugby club out of Varsity Cup and will go back to USA Rugby. Wow !

Comment

Originally posted by OceanBlue View Post
                          CougarBoard is saying the administration is pulling the rugby club out of Varsity Cup and will go back to USA Rugby. Wow !
                          I saw that and read the article about concerns for "players privacy". It doesn't look like all the information is available at this point.

Comment

It's weird that BYU rugby is pulling out of the league they founded ? Apparently they had a 30 year old former NFLer on roster ? BYU was going to have to vacate a national championship ? The BYU administration is pulling the club ?
                            I hope more information becomes available and soon.

Comment

David Smyth and the entire staff resigned. They're tired of butting heads with the Department of Student Life and not getting the support they deserve.
                              "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                              -Turtle
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X