Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Topper View Post
    Is there any Democrat that fits this description:

(a) Is socially liberal or libertarian, including gun rights and abortion rights; but
    (b) is supportive of small business and lowering government regulations to spur innovation and jobs; and
    (c) considers the deficit as problem that needs to be addressed now?
    Is there anyone from either party that fits that definition?

Comment

Originally posted by Maximus View Post
      Is there anyone from either party that fits that definition?
      That is the candidate I'm looking for.
      "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Is there any Democrat that fits this description:

(a) Is socially liberal or libertarian, including gun rights and abortion rights; but
        (b) is supportive of small business and lowering government regulations to spur innovation and jobs; and
        (c) considers the deficit as problem that needs to be addressed now?
        How should a libertarian/social liberal feel about abortion rights? I think I know the answer to my question, but the way you phrase this makes me think you have a different answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Applejack View Post
          How should a libertarian/social liberal feel about abortion rights? I think I know the answer to my question, but the way you phrase this makes me think you have a different answer.
          They favor them. Yes I know it's right of choice, but I just believe in stating what you mean. You want the unfettered right to an abortion, as most people do. And mind, I would never be in that situation but that's how I feel, it should be a woman's choice to have one. And yes I combined the two of gun rights which almost no liberal is in favor of, but most libertarians favor.
          "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

With no knowledge of the internal workings of government or bureaucracy, what could possibly go wrong? Cuban is not exactly known as humble or teachable.
            Just curious - who was the last president of the USA who you consider to be humble?

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie View Post
              Just curious - who was the last president of the USA who you consider to be humble?
              So I guess the Virginia governor's race is to test whether formerly mainstream Republicans should opt for the Trump-inspired Xenophobic/anti-immigrant/anti-trade/"lots of fine people at the local KKK rally" approach? Lovely. I'd rather have the dems win if that's the case.
              Last edited by BlueK; 11-07-2017, 02:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie View Post
                George W Bush. Seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
                  George W Bush. Seriously.
                  Agreed. He knew he was the Decider, but wasn't too full of himself.
                  "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                    So I guess the Virginia governor's race is to test whether formerly mainstream Republicans should opt for the Trump-inspired Xenophobic/anti-immigrant/anti-trade/"lots of fine people at the local KKK rally" approach? Lovely. I'd rather have the dems win if that's the case.
                    Gillespie sells his soul for the morally bankrupt Trumpist crap and loses. The best thing is seeing it happen in a swing state. Hopefully, but I'm not holding my breath, this helps normal Republicans realize they don't have to embrace the racism and worst aspects of Trumpism to win.

Comment

aaaand Trump promptly backs the bus over Gillespie.

"I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Originally posted by Commando View Post
                        aaaand Trump promptly backs the bus over Gillespie.

Yeah, hilarious, but vintage trump

Comment

I love it when the economy does record numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                            Doing it and doing it and doing it well.

Comment

Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                              Deregulation and business no longer afraid of impending increasing regulation is what is driving it. These are traditional Republican tenets. We would have gotten that with any of the other 15 Republicans running for president. Trump didn't even campaign on those things really. But if the things he did campaign on that are more uniquely his like tightening trade, tariffs, and slamming the doors shut on all types of immigration take hold, then all bets are off with the economy.
                              Last edited by BlueK; 11-08-2017, 07:41 AM.

Comment

Article on Ed Gillespie's "immigrant gangs are coming to kill you!" ad he was running.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.942982bfb68e

Comment

Working...
                                X