No announcement yet.

The 2020 Presidential Election Primary Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Come on, people. The correct term is “shoo in”.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• I hope that didn't phase you.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post

I hope that didn't phase you.
        I am taking this post with a grain assault.
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Didnt she basically launch her political career based on appointments that Brown gave her while they were schtooping? That's pretty weird.

No one thinks trump is a shoe-in. But the fact the slate of dem frontrunners provide trump any opening at all to get re-elected is telling. Any non-crazy person should demolish trump head to head, but the dems are countering trump's garbage with far left garbage.

I'm not a Kamala fan, but I doubt this revelation (people leveraging personal relationships to advance their careers, even with sex, is dog bites man territory). Certainly one of the opening salvos on this topic from the right is less than compelling, when one considers her would-be opponent in the final:

All the same, it's disgusting, and while Trump is no angel on the love front, at least he never offered sex for political favors, either to women or from women. He never cheated on someone's spouse to get himself some political power the way she did.
          So as long as it isn't for political advancement, no problem! Unless either Ron Jeremy or Charlie Sheen throws his hat in the ring, I can think of no one on the planet less suitable to challenge another's sexual behavior than our current President.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
            I am taking this post with a grain assault.
            It's a working progress.
            Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Didnt she basically launch her political career based on appointments that Brown gave her while they were schtooping? That's pretty weird.

No one thinks trump is a shoe-in. But the fact the slate of dem frontrunners provide trump any opening at all to get re-elected is telling. Any non-crazy person should demolish trump head to head, but the dems are countering trump's garbage with far left garbage.

Whomever is the democratic nominee will portrayed as "leftist." By the majority of GOP voters' standards they may well be, but it's hard to do worse than a racist, Russia-colluding, 24/7-lying, tantrum-having POTUS.

He will not "for sure win," as Cardiac stated.
              Last edited by frank ryan; 01-28-2019, 04:48 PM.

Comment

• Puh-lease Dems, grow a pair.

This is no time for Howard Schultz’s foolishness

Howard Schultz, the man who put a Starbucks on every corner, said in a “60 Minutes” interview aired Sunday that he is mulling a run for the White House as an independent. Schultz admits he’s “not the smartest person in the room,” but he must be smart enough to know he can’t possibly win.

He is quite capable of reelecting President Trump, though.

At present, the specter of a second Trump term looks comfortably remote. The blue wave in the midterm elections and Trump’s cellar-dwelling approval numbers show what the country thinks of him and his corrupt, chaotic, kooky administration. A recent poll shows him trailing any of his likely Democratic opponents. If the election were held next week, I’m pretty confident that Trump would lose to a ham sandwich.

He does have a chance in 2020, however, if the anti-Trump vote is split between two or more candidates. Imagine Schultz, a lifelong Democrat, siphoning off even 5 percent of the Democratic candidate’s vote in, say, Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Florida. The horror of 2016 threatens to become a recurring nightmare.
                How about this? Nominate someone more centrist and acceptable to crossover Trump-hating Repubs.

Or, get ready, here it comes, you could just:

Write In Mitt!!!

150615081319-mitt-romney-super-169.jpg
                Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                  Whomever is the democratic nominee will portrayed as "leftist." By the majority of GOP voters' standards they may well be, but it's hard to do worse than a racist, Russia-colluding, 24/7-lying, tantrum-having POTUS.

He will not "for sure win," as Cardiac stated.
                  Who is the non-leftist in the race who has a chance to win the nomination? There is Biden and............

When the early conversation centers around 80 percent marginal income tax rates, wealth taxes, and Medicare and free college tuition for all, the Democrat primary is not shaping up as a showcase of pragmatic center-left ideas.

I'm basically begging the dems to put up someone sane I can vote for. There are a lot of center-right voters in my shoes who feel the same way. But if things keep going as they are, we will be writing in a presidential candidate for the second straight election.

Comment

Who is the non-leftist in the race who has a chance to win the nomination? There is Biden and............

When the early conversation centers around 80 percent marginal income tax rates, wealth taxes, and Medicare and free college tuition for all, the Democrat primary is not shaping up as a showcase of pragmatic center-left ideas.

I'm basically begging the dems to put up someone sane I can vote for. There are a lot of center-right voters in my shoes who feel the same way. But if things keep going as they are, we will be writing in a presidential candidate for the second straight election.

If all the dem nominees are leftist, then Biden could very well get the nomination because all the lefties will cancel each other out. It would be the same thing Trump did. All the other 15 GOP candidates were all pretty much the same politically and Trump was the only one that was different.

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                      Puh-lease Dems, grow a pair.

This is no time for Howard Schultz’s foolishness

How about this? Nominate someone more centrist and acceptable to crossover Trump-hating Repubs.

Or, get ready, here it comes, you could just:

Write In Mitt!!!

[ATTACH]9355[/ATTACH]

Mitt should primary Trump. In the meantime, we need him to do his Whitehorse Prophecy stuff from the senate.

Comment

I understand your position philosophically, but pragmatically speaking, Trump is unhealthy for the Republic. Almost anyone else would be better.

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                          I understand your position philosophically, but pragmatically speaking, Trump is unhealthy for the Republic. Almost anyone else would be better.
                          I'm not so sure that a swing that big would be good.
                          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Sorry BK... it doesn't look like Jeff Flake isn't going to run:

As long as Jeff Flake's son doesn't have anything to do with it... I don't have any problem with him being the dog catcher.
                            "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                            "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                            "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                              Sorry BK... it doesn't look like Jeff Flake isn't going to run:

As long as Jeff Flake's son doesn't have anything to do with it... I don't have any problem with him being the dog catcher.
                              Dogcatcher, I actually laughed at that one.

Then I remembered that Trump also didn't win his home state. I laughed again.
                              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                                Dogcatcher, I actually laughed at that one.

Then I remembered that Trump also didn't win his home state. I laughed again.
                                I wonder if Drumpf considers his home state New York or Florida? For tax purposes I am guessing Florida.
                                "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                                "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                                "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X