No announcement yet.

The 2020 Presidential Election Primary Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So Trump is going to declare a national emergency and try to get money for the wall, I guess from the Pentagon?

When the Green new deal is implemented by the next president via national emergency, you'll know who to thank.
    "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
    "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
    - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
      So Trump is going to declare a national emergency and try to get money for the wall, I guess from the Pentagon?

When the Green new deal is implemented by the next president via national emergency, you'll know who to thank.
      I did not know this until today, but the oldest active "national emergency" will turn 40 years old in November of this year.
      You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
      Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
      You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
        I did not know this until today, but the oldest active "national emergency" will turn 40 years old in November of this year.
        All active national emergencies are younger than I am. They need to learn to respect their elders.
        "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
        - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
          So Trump is going to declare a national emergency and try to get money for the wall, I guess from the Pentagon?

We got $3.5 billon coming back from California... he can use that.

"If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
          "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post

I predict the dump will be as successful at getting that check from California as getting that check from Mexico. Deal Artists, indeed.

#GetThatCheck #MAGA
            Last edited by myboynoah; 02-15-2019, 07:14 PM.
            Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
              "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
              "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• This whole Smollett thing stank from the get go.

Smollett is doubling down and still sticking to his claims of what happened. He is angry and devastated that the Chicago cops would shift the blame to him.

Dude got caught. He should just own up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post

lol. California wipes its ass with 3.5 billion in tax revenue. Trump sounding desperate these days...
                  "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                    This whole Smollett thing stank from the get go.

Smollett is doubling down and still sticking to his claims of what happened. He is angry and devastated that the Chicago cops would shift the blame to him.

Dude got caught. He should just own up.
                    I'm pissed off at this dude. Isn't there enough lying and political farce going on without dipping your toes in it, doing it poorly and then end up making #maga, who had nothing to do with anything, look like the good guys? What a dick.
                    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
                      I'm pissed off at this dude. Isn't there enough lying and political farce going on without dipping your toes in it, doing it poorly and then end up making #maga, who had nothing to do with anything, look like the good guys? What a dick.
                      I doubted Jussie Smollett. It breaks my heart that I might be right.

And yet I struggled with Smollett’s story.

I tried telling myself that it is possible that two assailants were walking around downtown Chicago at 2 a.m. in January in 10-degree weather, waiting for a black victim. In addition to that, they were stalking around with a bottle of bleach and a rope. And ultimately, the prey they selected was an actor on a show that they must’ve been somewhat familiar with, because they were able to not only name the show but also know that he played a gay character. Never mind the fact that he was likely bundled up because again: Chicago, January, 10 degrees. Also, after he fought to get away, he left the rope around his neck until he got to the hospital.

. . . . . .

If Smollett’s story is found to be untrue, it will cause irreparable damage to the communities most affected. Smollett would be the first example skeptics cite when they say we should be dubious of victims who step forward to share their experiences of racist hate crimes or sexual violence. The incident would be touted as proof that there is a leftist conspiracy to cast Trump supporters as violent, murderous racists. It would be the very embodiment of “fake news.”

And that reason, more than any other, is why I need this story to be true, despite its ugliness and despite what it would say about the danger of the world I live in. The damage done would be too deep and long-lasting. This could be one tragedy that the Lyon family — and more importantly, the ordinary people who loved the show and invested in Smollett and his character — could never overcome.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                        -Turtle
                        sigpic

Comment

• I've read a few opinions similar to this, and I don't get it. The whole story is sad and pathetic, but I am glad that it appears to be false.

Comment

• Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post
                            I've read a few opinions similar to this, and I don't get it. The whole story is sad and pathetic, but I am glad that it appears to be false.
                            Same. I've seen some people double down like Commando on MAGA hat kid. I can't believe people think it would be far better that there were actual MAGA hat wearing racists carrying out lynchings.
                            "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                            -Turtle
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post
                              I've read a few opinions similar to this, and I don't get it. The whole story is sad and pathetic, but I am glad that it appears to be false.
                              Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                              Same. I've seen some people double down like Commando on MAGA hat kid. I can't believe people think it would be far better that there were actual MAGA hat wearing racists carrying out lynchings.
                              Yeah, it's like "I can't stand the thought of living in a world where this isn't true. Boohoohoo."

Comment

• Both sides are playing the game of staging "incidents." I don't believe that there's some conspiracy; there are probably just too many "ends-justify-the-means" folks at the extremes.

That there are actual incidents that are devalued by the staged incidents seems lost on the extremists.

Ugh.
                                Last edited by Sleeping in EQ; 02-18-2019, 09:34 AM.
                                We all trust our own unorthodoxies.

Comment

Working...
                                X