• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
    I'd vote for him.

Write in Mitt!!!

But I got a lot of respect for Amash.
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
      I'd vote for him.
      I don’t care for his politics but he is a really good dude. I admire him. He of higher character than the majority of folks in either party.

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
        I don’t care for his politics but he is a really good dude. I admire him. He of higher character than the majority of folks in either party.
        I agree with this.

I will never vote for Trump, but so far they dems haven't given me anyone that I would feel comfortable voting for either.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
          I agree with this.

I will never vote for Trump, but so far they dems haven't given me anyone that I would feel comfortable voting for either.
          I feel similarly.
          "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
          - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
            Why do you admire him? Because he is the only republican that wanted to impeach Drumpf? I keep hoping that Drumpf would have been impeached by now and Mike Pence, God bless that man, would be our president. But the Dems and Amash can seem to get the job done. Didn't a lot of the Dems promise to do that as part of their campaigns?

Amash doesn't like Drumpf because his daddy's business imports chinese-made junk tools. The tariffs that Drumpf added on chinese imports is not good for his business. Daddy's gives his little boy Justin a little $500K-$1M/yr kick back from the biz. Not to mention a big raise and campaign loan. But we can overlook his choose-China-over-the-US motivations and call him a good guy. Given his character is higher than the majority of folks in either party maybe we should look to a 3rd party, however.
            "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
            "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
            "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Oh, this is sad...

What is wrong with all you Dems?!? Get your wallets and donate so this doesn't happen to another member of your party again.
              "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
                I agree with this.

Comfortable? I'd feel comfortable voting an old S.I. Sneakerphone to get Trump out.
                "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                  Amash doesn't like Drumpf because his daddy's business imports chinese-made junk tools. The tariffs that Drumpf added on chinese imports is not good for his business. Daddy's gives his little boy Justin a little $500K-$1M/yr kick back from the biz. Not to mention a big raise and campaign loan. But we can overlook his choose-China-over-the-US motivations and call him a good guy. Given his character is higher than the majority of folks in either party maybe we should look to a 3rd party, however.
                  No, he doesn't like Trump because he's a libertarian, and a real libertarian would have nothing in common with authoritarian nutjob Trump. Nor would a real libertarian find a reason to like tariffs/taxes/barriers to trade.

On the other hand, a true believer of the Trump cult would find any and every reason to abandon their principles to support dear leader.
                  Last edited by BlueK; 07-09-2019, 02:49 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
                    Comfortable? I'd feel comfortable voting an old S.I. Sneakerphone to get Trump out.
                    well since I am in California I may just do that.

Comment

I’m pretty much at this point. I think the only person I couldn’t vote for is Bernie. Fauxcahontas really bugs me but I could vote for her as long as the GOP keeps the senate to balance the power. I don’t necessarily love the rest but they don’t strike me as idiots that wouldn’t moderate enough to govern, well except Beto. He does seem like an idiot but I’d still vote for him...thankfully there’s no chance I’ll have to though.
                      "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                        Oh, this is sad...

What is wrong with all you Dems?!? Get your wallets and donate so this doesn't happen to another member of your party again.
                        Good news! The nuclear doomsday clock should now back off a bit.
                        One of the grandest benefits of the enlightenment was the realization that our moral sense must be based on the welfare of living individuals, not on their immortal souls. Honest and passionate folks can strongly disagree regarding spiritual matters, so it's imperative that we not allow such considerations to infringe on the real happiness of real people.

Woot

I believe religion has much inherent good and has born many good fruits.
                        SU

Comment

• This country was founded on white supremacy. And every single structure that we have in this country still reflects the legacy of slavery and segregation and Jim Crow and suppression.” -Beto
                          Tear them all down and kick out all white people!

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• If the economy keeps cruising along like it is now, I can’t imagine the Dems would win. The last thing an older, retired or semi-retired person wants is for the stock market to dive due to crazy economic policy. It’s the economy, stupid!
                            "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                              If the economy keeps cruising along like it is now, I can’t imagine the Dems would win. The last thing an older, retired or semi-retired person wants is for the stock market to dive due to crazy economic policy. It’s the economy, stupid!
                              Eh. There are other intervening factors that could derail that. The economy was pretty good in 2016, too.
                              "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Eh. There are other intervening factors that could derail that. The economy was pretty good in 2016, too.
                                The economy was pretty good. But there is an unmistakable increase in the stock market since Trump won. There are other factors, but Trump has at least improved economic metrics and people won’t want to derail that.

Comment

Working...
                                X