Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: The 2020 Presidential Election Primary Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ted View Post

Holy crap... I bet Rosa Parks and Ali are racist SOBs too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hey just catching up in this thread-- WOW this is the most brain numbingly dumb meme I've seen in a while. WOW HE POSED NEXT TO ROSA PARKS AND MOHAMED ALI- CASE CLOSED!
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Good call, Spartacus. This should resonate with voters.

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

In some ways he's not wrong. Trump is rendering the message of the Statue of Liberty null and void, for one.
    "Just watched the speech. He lit up both sides. I loved it." -Shaka

What happened to booker? I used to like him quite a bit. But he seems to go from ‘meh’ to dumb all the time now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Quote Originally Posted by frank ryan View Post
    In some ways he's not wrong. Trump is rendering the message of the Statue of Liberty null and void, for one.
    He should just move to Canada... along with all those other folks that said if Drumpf won they were going to move there. Canada has legalized weed now and you can have sex with 16 year olds legally. It would be prefect for Brooker and all the other Dems.

arvftmbch6611.jpg
    Last edited by Uncle Ted; 10-19-2018 at 11:05 AM.
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Cory Booker could run as the first openly gay presidential candidate from either party if he would just get it over with and come out of the closet. For the reveal he should run an ad where he says he regrets saying he's Spartacus, but he thinks he's more like Crassus.
    Last edited by Color Me Badd Fan; 10-19-2018 at 05:20 PM.
    Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Quote Originally Posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
    Cory Booker could run as the first openly gay presidential candidate from either party if he would just get it over with and come out of the closet. For the reveal he should run an ad where he says he regrets saying he's Spartacus, but he thinks he's more like Crassus.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

"I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

And Sarah Huck keeps violating the Hatch Act without penalty. Of course as a fake Libertarian you don’t care.

And Sarah Huck keeps violating the Hatch Act without penalty.
    Oh, you are right... she should have said, "Happy holidays coming early this year?" No eggnog for Sarah.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Lol, a gay dude has made a sexual harassment claim against Booker. Because it's only four years old and not 36 years old and hasn't had enough time to marinate into a claim as believable as the one against Kavanaugh, I'm sure you Kavanaugh birthers won't give it the time of day.

BTW, what ever happened to Ford? It's funny how that whole issue went down the memory hole once Ford's BFF was reported to have engaged in witness tampering.
    Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

What did you expect would "happen to Ford?" I imagine like most victims of sexual assault (1/3 of women in the U.S. statistically) she will return to her regular life she had before she came forward to speak her piece. Except she had to move, change her phone number, etc to tamp down the steady stream death threats from the hardcore we're-with-Kav bros.

And I imagine that the "whole issue went down the memory hole" b/c Kav was confirmed anyway as though nothing had ever been said.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Quote Originally Posted by Commando View Post
    What did you expect would "happen to Ford?" I imagine like most victims of sexual assault (1/3 of women in the U.S. statistically) she will return to her regular life she had before she came forward to speak her piece. Except she had to move, change her phone number, etc to tamp down the steady stream death threats from the hardcore we're-with-Kav bros.

And I imagine that the "whole issue went down the memory hole" b/c Kav was confirmed anyway as though nothing had ever been said.
    Pretty horrible that she was outed for political gain after she specifically asked that her name, letter etc not be made public.

Pretty horrible that she was outed for political gain after she specifically asked that her name, letter etc not be made public.
    As was her treatment after. Don’t let the wackos who’ve threatened her off the hook Jeff.

Remember she choose to testify.
    Last edited by frank ryan; 10-21-2018 at 10:39 AM.

As was her treatment after. Don’t let the wackos who’ve threatened her off the hook Jeff.

Remember she choose to testify.
    How am I letting anyone off the hook?

Yeah, whatabout the wackos Jeff?
    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay

I would rather take a political risk in pursuit of peace, than to risk peace in pursuit of politics. --President Donald J. Trump

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump

You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

How am I letting anyone off the hook?
    You’re right I haven’t heard you absolve them, but I’ve only heard complaints about Feinstein etc. and not right wing message boards posting her address and info and her targeted harassment.

She made a choice she felt was an act of courage.

Tangential rant ahead:

This is not a shocker as one of the only progressives that posts on here but I didn’t think Kavanaugh was exonerated. His attempt at putting forward a puritanical and virginal imgage was ridiculous. The final FBI investigation, with the parameters dictated by McConnell was handcuffed in scope.

I think the timing and way Ford’s story came out was poor form but it wasn’t some grand conspiracy on the part of the democrats. They don’t have a roster of professional women from potentional scotus appointees’ pasts waiting to slander them,

You’re right I haven’t heard you absolve them, but I’ve only heard complaints about Feinstein etc. and not right wing message boards posting her address and info and her targeted harassment.

She made a choice she felt was an act of courage.
    Maybe you didn't follow it closely. She made a choice to remain anonymous and that choice was not honored when someone on Feinstein's staff leaked the information at the last minute. Commando is right. This will take a huge toll on her life. You can go ahead and call her courageous, but someone on the left pushed her into this by violating her privacy for political gain.

Of course there is harassment. That is happening to both Ford and Kavanaugh and their families. The whole thing was a huge mess.

Maybe you didn't follow it closely. She made a choice to remain anonymous and that choice was not honored when someone on Feinstein's staff leaked the information at the last minute. Commando is right. This will take a huge toll on her life. You can go ahead and call her courageous, but someone on the left pushed her into this by violating her privacy for political gain.

Of course there is harassment. That is happening to both Ford and Kavanaugh and their families. The whole thing was a huge mess.
    She didn't have to testify. She choose to do that, and that is courageous. I'm not sure why you downplay that as an act of courage. It seems she struggled with that decision.

She didn't have to testify. She choose to do that, and that is courageous. I'm not sure why you downplay that as an act of courage. It seems she struggled with that decision.
    Do you think it was worth the cost? Several lives were severely damaged, the country is more divided than ever, and Kavanagh was confirmed anyway.

Do you think it was worth the cost? Several lives were severely damaged, the country is more divided than ever, and Kavanagh was confirmed anyway.
    That's a question she has to answer.

was the lewinsky investigation/impeachment worth the cost? answer is pretty clear to me
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Quote Originally Posted by old_gregg View Post
    was the lewinsky investigation/impeachment worth the cost? answer is pretty clear to me
    How else was Ken Starr going to get rid of that 5-year erection?

Quote Originally Posted by Commando View Post

As important as it is to take any accusation seriously, I think the civil-rights-advocate-Commando would agree that the Trump-hating-Commando shouldn't just assume Kav is guilty without any evidence. Kavanaugh could just as easily be Brian Banks as he could be the real-life bad guy from a John Hughes movie. Guilty or innocent, I think the absence of evidence and the timing of the accusation
    made Kavanaugh's confirmation important. Denying him confirmation would have sent the message that any man can be destroyed with little more than a well-timed accusation, and I don't think anyone wants to go there.

I know, I'm beating a dead horse, but calling Ford a victim based only on her testimony is setting a precedent I find to be particularly unsettling.

EDIT: And no, the Lewinsky affair wasn't worth it, nor was it within what should have been the scope of the investigation. Also, the way both Ford and Kavanaugh have been treated is disgraceful. Had to add, just in case someone wanted to trot out a strawman.
    Last edited by cowboy; 10-21-2018 at 06:45 PM.

"Outlined against a blue, gray
    October sky the Four Horsemen rode again"
    Grantland Rice, 1924

Hillary Clinton says, 'I'd like to be president,' at NYC event

Hillary Clinton during an event Friday at the New York City's 92nd Street Y told the audience: “I’d like to be president.”

The comments come amid speculation whether the former Democratic presidential nominee would run again in the 2020 election. Clinton said she did not want to run again, but would not definitively rule it out either.

She said her eight years in the Senate and term as secretary of state under former President Barack Obama qualified her for the job.

But she insisted she would not consider a run until after the November midterm.
    [...]
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/id-...illary-clinton

I would like her not to be president.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Listening to some of the talking heads at CNN and Fox, the Dem primaries could be even a bigger Charlie Foxtrot than the 2016 Repubs

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

If Flake or Sasse mounted a primary challenge, I would consider re-registering as a Republican.