The 2020 Presidential Election Primary Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Haha. Yeah that would be really fun to watch.

Last night I told my wife that the gay dude seems to be the most wholesome of the entire bunch.
    Mayor Pete is the mayor of a town of about 100,000 people. There are, I am guessing, at least 35 cities in Texas that have larger populations than that. Making the jump from the major of a town in Indiana to being president of seems like a huge jump. Maybe he should run for governor or senator first.

I thought it was good that Tulsi Gabbard called him out for his inexperience:

Yes, Major Pete did say he would send our military into Mexico... of course, later his campaign clarified that mayor pete would only be open to military use as a “last resort". BTW, how much oil does mexico have?
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
      Mayor Pete is the mayor of a town of about 100,000 people. There are, I am guessing, at least 35 cities in Texas that have larger populations than that. Making the jump from the major of a town in Indiana to being president of seems like a huge jump. Maybe he should run for governor or senator first.

I thought it was good that Tulsi Gabbard called him out for his inexperience:

Yes, Major Pete did say he would send our military into Mexico... of course, later his campaign clarified that mayor pete would only be open to military use as a “last resort". BTW, how much oil does mexico have?
      What public service experience did your boy Trump have before taking office?
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
        What public service experience did your boy Trump have before taking office?
        Are you kidding me?... Drumpf was the star ofThe Apprentice. Being on TV with millions of viewers that seems like a lot of public service to me. That gave him an yuge amount of experience in firing people, for example, which has come in handy.
        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• But I am guessing he got into this private school because he was a native american minority.
          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• All the Dems should do this...

Michael Bloomberg vows to refuse campaign donations and a presidential salary
            [...]
            “He has never taken a political contribution in his life. He is not about to start,” Bloomberg chief adviser Howard Wolfson said in an interview. “He cannot be bought.”
            [...]
            https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/pol...e1J/story.html

They shouldn't let Bloomberg out do them.
            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Major Pete sucks as a mayor...

Mayor Pete’s South Bend Record
              The issue isn’t that his city is small. It’s how he performed as a leader.

Pete Buttigieg is rising in the Democratic presidential polls on his rhetorical gifts, distinctive resumé and fund-raising prowess. But the 37-year-old mayor of South Bend, Indiana, has so far largely received a pass on his government record from the press and even other Democrats. That isn’t likely to continue, and a good place to start is his trouble controlling violent crime.

Violence has dropped sharply throughout the U.S. over the past two decades as a result of improved policing, more incarceration and demographic changes. But crime rates have diverged among cities with similar demographics based on local policies. South Bend, with a population of 102,000 and poverty rate of 25%, has one of the poorer records.
              [...]
              Mr. Buttigieg says violence in South Bend is comparable to cities with similar poverty. But the poverty rate in Evansville, Indiana, is 2.1 percentage points lower than in South Bend yet its violent crime is about half as high. Gary, Indiana, has a poverty rate of 36%, though its violent crime rate is 50% lower than in South Bend. Violent crime in South Bend dropped during the recession and hit a nadir in 2012. But it has climbed since Mr. Buttigieg became mayor. This raises questions about competence and priorities because a mayor’s foremost responsibility is to protect public safety.
              [...]
              After a white officer fatally shot a black man in June, Mayor Pete rebuked police recruits: “In our past and present, we have seen innumerable moments in which racial injustice came at the hands of those trusted with being instruments of justice.” He also sent an email to campaign supporters saying “All police work and all of American life takes place in the shadow of racism.”

That was a bow to the national social-justice left but it didn’t help morale among cops on the streets in South Bend. The city has struggled to recruit police officers and has 15 fewer than budgeted for next year. The shortage has made it harder to patrol communities and respond to calls.

Many potential recruits fail the required written exam, and they aren’t helped by South Bend’s schools. The city’s high school graduation rate has declined to 77%—about 11 points lower than statewide—from 83% in 2015. Failing schools may also be contributing to higher crime since most violence is perpetrated by young men who aren’t in school or employed.
              [...]
              https://www.wsj.com/articles/mayor-p...rd-11574467603

No wonder the people that know him are not endorsing him:

Buttigieg snubbed: South Bend city councilman endorses Biden
              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Major Pete sucks as a mayor...

Yeah, it's sad when candidates come into the race with experience that can be scrutinized.

Comment

• Here's Bloomberg!
                  Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• This is pretty good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8EQFhj8ca4

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                      Here's Bloomberg!
                      Will be interesting to see how the DNC changes its rules mid-campaign to get establishment-friendly Bloomberg up on the stage for the next debate.
                      You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                      Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                      You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• I'd so vote for her over any of the other knuckleheads the Dems have offered.

https://www.newsweek.com/tucker-carl...source=Twitter

Comment

Major Pete sucks as a mayor...

Mayor Pete has hit the big time! He's the target of Ted's link attacks!

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                            I'd so vote for her over any of the other knuckleheads the Dems have offered.

https://www.newsweek.com/tucker-carl...source=Twitter
                            Honestly, I probably would as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Applejack View Post
                              Mayor Pete has hit the big time! He's the target of Ted's link attacks!
                              Ted’s bot-like link attacks are a great window into the Trump camp perspective.

Comment

• Michelle Frick'n OBAMA!...

Tucker Carlson: Obama has not backed Biden because Michelle Obama could run

Fox News host Tucker Carlson on Monday speculated that former President Obama has not backed his former vice president, Joe Biden, in the 2020 presidential race because his wife, Michelle Obama, may still enter the 2020 presidential race — despite her numerous previous comments insisting she won’t run for president.

“Don’t bet against Michelle Obama,” Carlson said on his show Monday night. “Last week, the former first lady issued a statement saying that she has no interest in being president. That's what she claimed. But there are signs that that's not true."
                                [...]
                                https://thehill.com/media/472029-tuc...bama-could-run

Joe Biden is a dead man walking... He might as well drop out now and save his donors' money.
                                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X