No announcement yet.

The 2020 Presidential Election Primary Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gabbard's stated positions on her website are pretty much entirely traditionally standard democrat or liberal. I would say her foreign policy stances on there are almost reminiscent of 1970s or 1980s era hippie idealist, peace love and grooviness. I'm not sure what to make of that. You could argue Putin would love it. But then again, Putin is getting his way all the time with Trump anyway. One thing that would be better than Trump under her approach would be US relations with Europe. I question how practical her idealistic view is. Granted, all of this depends on her actual views being what she says they are on her site. I guess if she's really a Russian spy she'd say all the right things. But Hillary needs to just go away. She's not helping the democrats with delving into the world of conspiracies. Why all the fuss over someone polling at 2%?

On the other hand, the Republican or Trumpist push right now to make her seem like she's almost one of them is silly, based on what she says her views are. From immigration to abortion rights, to healthcare, to pretty much anything else on her issues pages she doesn't seem to have anything in common to Trump or Sean Hannity. I'm guessing they're just trying to stir things up out of belief that her running third party helps them.
    Last edited by BlueK; 10-18-2019, 11:22 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
      Gabbard's stated positions on her website are pretty much entirely traditionally standard democrat or liberal. I would say her foreign policy stances on there are almost reminiscent of 1970s or 1980s era hippie idealist. Not sure what to make of that. I question how practical it is. It looks like she's trying to avoid saying too much directly about Russia in order to avoid more criticism.

On the other hand, the Republican or Trumpist push to make her seem like she's almost one of them is silly. From immigration to abortion rights, to healthcare, to almost anything else on her issues pages she doesn't seem to have anything in common to Trump or Sean Hannity. I'm guessing they're just trying to stir things up out of belief that her running third party helps them.
      Is there a "trumpist" push to make her seem republica-like? I haven't really noticed. I agree that she is far too left for me to want to support in most years. But she also seems to be practical and realistic and not eager to dismiss other points of view, understanding more will get done if she doesn't treat those who disagree as idiots. I would likely prefer her to Trump, as a result, and to Warren or Biden or Sanders.
      PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Gabbard's stated positions on her website are pretty much entirely traditionally standard democrat or liberal. I would say her foreign policy stances on there are almost reminiscent of 1970s or 1980s era hippie idealist, peace love and grooviness. I'm not sure what to make of that. You could argue Putin would love it. But then again, Putin is getting his way all the time with Trump anyway. One thing that would be better than Trump under her approach would be US relations with Europe. I question how practical her idealistic view is. Granted, all of this depends on her actual views being what she says they are on her site. I guess if she's really a Russian spy she'd say all the right things. But Hillary needs to just go away. She's not helping the democrats with delving into the world of conspiracies. Why all the fuss over someone polling at 2%?

On the other hand, the Republican or Trumpist push right now to make her seem like she's almost one of them is silly, based on what she says her views are. From immigration to abortion rights, to healthcare, to pretty much anything else on her issues pages she doesn't seem to have anything in common to Trump or Sean Hannity. I'm guessing they're just trying to stir things up out of belief that her running third party helps them.
        More conspiracy theories!
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
          Is there a "trumpist" push to make her seem republica-like? I haven't really noticed. I agree that she is far too left for me to want to support in most years. But she also seems to be practical and realistic and not eager to dismiss other points of view, understanding more will get done if she doesn't treat those who disagree as idiots. I would likely prefer her to Trump, as a result, and to Warren or Biden or Sanders.
          She's had a lot of appearances on Fox. I think it's more that they see that some democrats are responding negatively towards her, so they are trying to push her as being someone they like, mostly because they think it stirs the pot.

Comment

She's had a lot of appearances on Fox. I think it's more that they see that some democrats are responding negatively towards her, so they are trying to push her as being someone they like, mostly because they think it stirs the pot.
            Whatever. What is your point? That a news network shouldn't listen to other points of view, especially if it might stir the pot? Seriously, what is your point about Gabbard?
            PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Not a Fox News apologist at all, but they’ll generally let any liberal on that wants to come on. Most of them don’t want to though. I don’t think you can point to Fox News appearances as evidence that the right is trying to prop Tulsi up.

Comment

• Originally posted by UVACoug View Post
                Yep. Nothing new about the 2016 Democratic presidential nominee promoting conspiracy theories about a current contender for the 2020 nomination being a Russian plant. Just business as usual.
                She is favored by Russian media/bots. That’s not a conspiracy. Everyone whined and cried conspiracy about charges Trump was a Russian stooge. I would be shocked if the Russians weren’t trying to cultivate influence with a democratic candidate.

If Tulsi runs 3rd party that’ll be suspicious.
                Last edited by frank ryan; 10-18-2019, 12:04 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                  She is favored by Russian media/bots. That’s not a conspiracy. Everyone whined and cried conspiracy about charges Trump was a Russian stooge.
                  1. Evidence this is true?

2. Evidence this is significant?

3. Evidence that Gabbard is complicit?

Get a grip.
                  PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

She is favored by Russian media/bots. That’s not a conspiracy. Everyone whined and cried conspiracy about charges Trump was a Russian stooge. I would be shocked if the Russians weren’t trying to cultivate influence with a democratic candidate.

Frank, here is a conspiracy theory you will like. Maybe the Russians realize that people like you will have a visceral reaction out of hand to any candidate perceived to be supported by Russian bots. Knowing this, the Russian bots now actually pick candidates who they are opposed to and feign support for those individuals and thereby throwing you onto their scent and derailing the hopes of a truly formidable Russian foe from being elected.

You need to be especially concerned with Russians if you think you know their strategy, these folks are always thinking 3 or 4 moves ahead (they are dominant in human chess after all). If you think you are on to them, you need to rethink your strategy because they have already shifted to account for your sleuthing prowess. Don't fall for their trap, Frank....you are better than this and can outsmart these Russians!

Comment

People have been skeptical of Tulsi. This shit is not new.
                      Yeah, she is a brown person. Besides she was in the military and, therefore, killed her share of babies. What is there to trust about her?
                      "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• OMG... Jill Stein is a Russian asset too!

Hillary Clinton Engages In Insane Conspiracy Theory Attacking Tulsi Gabbard
                        [...]
                        “I’m not making any predictions, but I think they’ve got their eye on somebody who is currently in the Democratic primary and are grooming her to be the third-party candidate,” Clinton said of Russia’s involvement in the next presidential election on former Obama White House advisor David Plouffe’s podcast. “She’s the favorite of the Russians.”

During the interview, Clinton also branded former Green Party presidential candidate Jill Stein as a Russian asset.

“That’s assuming Jill Stein will give it up, which, she might not ’cause she’s also a Russian asset.” Clinton added. “She’s a Russian asset, totally. They know they can’t win without a third-party candidate. So I don’t know who it’s going to be, but I will guarantee you they will have a vigorous third-party challenge in the key states that they most needed.”
                        [...]
                        https://thefederalist.com/2019/10/18...tulsi-gabbard/

:foilhat:
                        "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                        "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by imanihonjin View Post
                          Frank, here is a conspiracy theory you will like. Maybe the Russians realize that people like you will have a visceral reaction out of hand to any candidate perceived to be supported by Russian bots. Knowing this, the Russian bots now actually pick candidates who they are opposed to and feign support for those individuals and thereby throwing you onto their scent and derailing the hopes of a truly formidable Russian foe from being elected.

You need to be especially concerned with Russians if you think you know their strategy, these folks are always thinking 3 or 4 moves ahead (they are dominant in human chess after all). If you think you are on to them, you need to rethink your strategy because they have already shifted to account for your sleuthing prowess. Don't fall for their trap, Frank....you are better than this and can outsmart these Russians!
                          This is like the speech Captain Kirk gives to the robot that makes it blow its reasoning circuits.
                          PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

It’s pretty much the definition of a conspiracy.

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
                              Whatever. What is your point? That a news network shouldn't listen to other points of view, especially if it might stir the pot? Seriously, what is your point about Gabbard?
                              I think you and JL are overeacting to what I said about that. This is just a sampling of articles where it's talked about how she's getting some love from the Trumpist side. There is quite a bit out there on that. I was only just observing that it seems a little odd given that she's not a conservative. I guess if you want to dispute that she's getting a lot of positive commentary from those whose views don't align with hers, then that's fine. It just seems logical that they like her right now primarily because she seems to be having a dispute with the Democratic party establishment.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/why-co...-for-president

https://spectator.us/tulsi-gabbard-conservative-crush/

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...rd-maga-debate
                              Last edited by BlueK; 10-18-2019, 01:36 PM.

Comment

I think you and JL are overeacting to what I said about that. This is just a sampling of articles where it's talked about how she's getting some love from the Trumpist side. There is quite a bit out there on that. I was only just observing that it seems a little odd given that she's not a conservative. I guess if you want to dispute that she's getting a lot of positive commentary from those whose views don't align with hers, then that's fine. It just seems logical that they like her primarily because she seems to be having a dispute with the Democratic party establishment and no other reason.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/why-co...-for-president

https://spectator.us/tulsi-gabbard-conservative-crush/

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...rd-maga-debate
                                Ok, is it an observation without meaning? Or does it have some import or meaning to you? Shall we catalog minorities who like Trump?
                                PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Working...
                                X