The 2020 Presidential Election Primary Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    I am confused. They are forced to watch?
    I am guessing they were not... but maybe they were subjected to his hugs and having his nose rubbed on them (after he was done swimming). He can't help it. He is a very affectionate kind of guy!
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Beto invokes Gowin's Law on Drumpf!...

We should be like Biden and give those nice MS-13 boys fleeing their terrible countries hugs.

DorUU5IVAAAXyIl.jpg
      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Pete Buttigieg seems like a pretty awesome dude and maybe my favorite of the Dems. His book is really inspiring.

The only thing that bothers me about him (maybe this is my extreme skepticism/cynicism) is the whole “he speaks 8 languages” thing.

Some call a person who “speaks 8 languages” a polyglot. I call a person who “speaks 8 languages” a liar unless there is independent verification.

Comment

• Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
          Pete Buttigieg seems like a pretty awesome dude and maybe my favorite of the Dems. His book is really inspiring.

The only thing that bothers me about him (maybe this is my extreme skepticism/cynicism) is the whole “he speaks 8 languages” thing.

Some call a person who “speaks 8 languages” a polyglot. I call a person who “speaks 8 languages” a liar unless there is independent verification.
          Lol. I had the same thought. No way is he fluent in all 8.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• https://twitter.com/SethAMandel/stat...667811842?s=19

"I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
            - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Bernie unveils his strategy for winning Iowa... He knows the democratic party base far too well.

In Iowa, Bernie Sanders says states should allow felons to vote from behind bars

While Iowa struggles on whether to restore voting rights to felons who have completed their prison sentences, Sen. Bernie Sanders said people convicted of felonies should never lose access to the ballot box in the first place.
              [...]
              https://www.desmoinesregister.com/st...us/3388679002/

And dead dems should never lose access to the ballot box as well just because they are in spirit prison!
              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Lol the majority votes against him

Comment

• Free college for all is taking a massive beating in the public discourse. It’s a dumb idea and is being justly ridiculed. Even Buttigeig is against it. Another reason to vote for trump over Bernie and Warren.
                  "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Bernie says we need a border wall... open borders will bring a lot of poor people to the US:

Independent Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders told Democrats at a town hall in Oskaloosa, Iowa Sunday that American “can’t do” open borders.

Sanders was answering questions from the audience when he dropped what appeared to be the provocative response.

“How would you deal with the social services connected with opening the border, such as health care?” Sanders was asked by an attendee.

“Who do you think is suggesting opening the border?” Sanders asked back. He then went on to explain: “You’re getting your information wrong; that is not my view.”

The senator elaborated: “If you open the borders, there’s a lot of poverty in this world, and you’re going to have people from all over the world. And I don’t think that’s something that we can do at this point. Can’t do it.”

It’s not the first time that Sanders has emphatically stated that he does not support open borders. In a Vox interview in 2015, Sanders called open borders “right-wing policy.”

“Open borders? No, that’s a Koch brothers proposal,” he said. “That’s a right-wing proposal, which says essentially there is no United States. What right-wing people in this country would love is an open-border policy.”
                    [...]
                    https://dailycaller.com/2019/04/08/b...rty-town-hall/

See... it's the GOP'ers that want an open borders. Y'all are confused.
                    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Alec Baldwin Flirts With Presidential Run, Says Beating Trump Would Be "So Easy"

Alec Baldwin, the actor who is well known today for his widely ridiculed impersonation of President Trump, as well as his violent temper, is now considering a run for president.

In a Monday morning tweet, Baldwin asked his followers if they would vote for him if he decided to run for president, adding that beating President Trump would be "so easy."
                      [...]
                      https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-...uld-be-so-easy

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Why not? Everybody else is running.
                        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                          Why not? Everybody else is running.
                          I hope Baldwin is the Dems candidate... It would be fun seeing Drumpf debate Drumpf:

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• The face of a couple of presidential wanna-be's when they realize their party was very likely involved in a spying "unauthorized surveillance" scandal...

1hctlk14tqr21-2.jpg
                            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Be careful what you wish for Mr. Barr ...

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/11/o...ion=Editorials

Whatever comes of Mr. Barr’s review and the conspiracy theories that ensue, he would be wise to reflect on his own history with government surveillance that stretched the limits of the law. Just last month, Mr. Horowitz’s office concluded that the Justice Department and the Drug Enforcement Administration “failed to conduct a comprehensive legal analysis” when the two agencies undertook a secret surveillance program in the 1990s that swept up records of Americans’ phone calls — the kind of bulk collection that the National Security Agency later engaged in after 9/11.

The D.E.A. program dates back to 1992, when Mr. Barr first led the Justice Department under President George H.W. Bush. Relying on so-called administrative subpoenas, the D.E.A. would go on fishing expeditions, vacuuming up metadata from billions of phone calls to more than 100 countries, according to a 2015 USA Today investigation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                                Bernie says we need a border wall... open borders will bring a lot of poor people to the US:

https://dailycaller.com/2019/04/08/b...rty-town-hall/

See... it's the GOP'ers that want an open borders. Y'all are confused.
                                So Bernie hates brown people too.

Originally posted by tooblue View Post
                                Be careful what you wish for Mr. Barr ...

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/11/o...ion=Editorials
                                Whataboutism. Love it!
                                "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Working...
                                X