Page 78 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,340 of 2981

Thread: The 2020 Presidential Election Primary Thread

All this hullabaloo over what? Roughly 10 or 11 delegates for those on top?
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Quote Originally Posted by myboynoah View Post
    All this hullabaloo over what? Roughly 10 or 11 delegates for those on top?
    I guess you didn't hear that they are now blaming the republicans over this... We need a special council and an investigation!

Next week it will be the Russians!

ykvcjphis9f41.jpg
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Faith crisis consultant SeattleUte's Avatar

Brooks: the Democratic Party in killing itself.

How Trump Wins Again
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/06/o...e=articleShare
    When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ted View Post

Yep...

Hillary Clinton on being asked to be vice president: 'Never say never'

Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton told Ellen DeGeneres in a Thursday interview that you "never say never" to a request to be a vice presidential candidate.
    [...]
    https://thehill.com/homenews/media/4...ever-say-never

Of course, Joe has to win the nomination first.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Yep...

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/4...ever-say-never

Of course, Joe has to win the nomination first.
    But when you find him in the freezer in a bunch of pieces, don't believe the suicide note.

Joe has gone AWOL... and it is rumored that his campaign is pretty much out of money.

His campaign on the line, Joe Biden goes missing in New Hampshire

Outside the castle-themed Radisson Hotel where Joe Biden has been staying, his campaign bus was parked and ready for events.

But on Thursday, just five days before the crucial primary here, the candidate was nowhere to be found.

Biden spent Thursday gathered with his top advisers at his home in Wilmington, Del., seeking a reset and perhaps a last-ditch effort to save his candidacy, beginning with a debate Friday night. He held no public events.

Following dismal results in the Iowa caucuses that have rattled many in his orbit, his campaign is now simultaneously trying to lower expectations here — with some suggesting they would consider a finish as low as third place a victory — while also bracing for a second straight difficult Election Day.

In one troublesome sign for the financially strapped campaign, it canceled nearly $150,000 in television ads in South Carolina, which votes Feb. 29, and moved the spending to Nevada, whose Feb. 22 contest follows New Hampshire’s. The move seemed to acknowledge that Biden’s campaign cannot sustain a continued run of bad news.
    [...]
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...5cd_story.html

Maybe he can get his son Hunter to help him out. Otherwise I am guessing the Dems candidate will be Bernie, Buttigieg, Bloomberg or Klobuchar.

I don't know why the Dems (and Romney) were upset with Drumpf asking Ukraine to investigate Biden... he looks to be a corrupt loser anyway. Drumpf was actually doing the Dems a favor.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Joe has gone AWOL... and it is rumored that his campaign is pretty much out of money.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...5cd_story.html

Maybe he can get his son Hunter to help him out. Otherwise I am guessing the Dems candidate will be Bernie, Buttigieg, Bloomberg or Klobuchar.

I don't know why the Dems (and Romney) were upset with Drumpf asking Ukraine to investigate Biden... he looks to be a corrupt loser anyway. Drumpf was actually doing the Dems a favor.
    If Biden gives up, I'm really going miss all the creepy memes that could have been...

The tolerate left didn't know that Buttigieg is gay... then wants her vote back:

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Semper infra dignitatem PaloAltoCougar's Avatar

The tolerate left didn't know that Buttigieg is gay... then wants her vote back:

She's really up on current events. Wait until she learns her next preferred candidate eats shellfish.

Quote Originally Posted by USUC View Post
    I'm considering voting in the Utah Democratic primary. As an unaffiliated voter, the Utah Democratic party allows me to good in their primary. But it looks like Bernie will run away with it anyway. I'd probably vote for the moderate highest in the Utah polls.

Biden is sinking. Mayor Pete has little support outside of upper middle class whites. Klobuchar never had any momentum. Yeesh, that leaves nanny state Bloomberg. At least he is a capitalist.
    I would vote for bloomberg. The kind of nanny state stuff he favors is either not practical to implement on a national level or easily reversible by the next president.

The kind of stuff Bernie and Warren want are not reversible and very damaging. The silver lining to Warren is she is a disgusting panderer and I dont think she actually believes all the plans she steals from Bernie.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
    Brooks: the Democratic Party in killing itself.

How Trump Wins Again
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/06/o...e=articleShare
    Quote Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
    It makes me sad that an Iraq-invasion apologist still has such a large platform and audience. Ugh.
    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay

I would rather take a political risk in pursuit of peace, than to risk peace in pursuit of politics. --President Donald J. Trump

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump

You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    It makes me sad that an Iraq-invasion apologist still has such a large platform and audience. Ugh.
    Hang in there. Maybe we can start a separate support thread just for you.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

This was great.

“We’re losing our damn minds”: James Carville unloads on the Democratic Party

The Democratic Party is the party of African Americans. It’s becoming a party of educated suburbanites, particularly women. It’s the party of Latinos. We’re a party of immigrants. Most of the people aren’t into all this distracting shit about open borders and letting prisoners vote. They don’t care. They have lives to lead. They have kids. They have parents that are sick. That’s what we have to talk about. That’s all we should talk about.
    So your complaint is basically that the party has tacked too far to the left?

They’ve tacked off the damn radar screen. And look, I don’t consider myself a moderate or a centrist. I’m a liberal. But not everything has to be on the left-right continuum. I love Warren’s day care plan just like I love Booker’s baby bonds. That’s the kind of stuff our candidates should explain and define clearly and repeatedly for voters and not get diverted by whatever the hell is in the air that day.

Here’s another stupid thing: Democrats talking about free college tuition or debt forgiveness. I’m not here to debate the idea. What I can tell you is that people all over this country worked their way through school, sent their kids to school, paid off student loans. They don’t want to hear this shit. And you saw Warren confronted by an angry voter over this. It’s just not a winning message.

The real argument here is that some people think there’s a real yearning for a left-wing revolution in this country, and if we just appeal to the people who feel that, we’ll grow and excite them and we’ll win. But there’s a word a lot of people hate that I love: politics. It means building coalitions to win elections. It means sometimes having to sit back and listen to what people think and framing your message accordingly.

The 538 forecast model seems to this think race is Bernie's to lose. He is close to coin flip odds:

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...mary-forecast/

LOL... Last night's debate seems like it was quite entertaining:

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by beefytee View Post
    The 538 forecast model seems to this think race is Bernie's to lose. He is close to coin flip odds:

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...mary-forecast/
    I suspect that Bloomberg and Biden will swap places here soon. It seems like Joe got into his son's crack stash given the way he is been rambling lately.

BTW, where's the black Mitt Romney dude? I thought he would be doing better. He is like Obama and Romney rolled up into one.

I guess Dems don't like minority candidates any more?
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Yeah, I can see this thing being decided at a brokered convention...

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

LOL... Last night's debate seems like it was quite entertaining:

From what I saw and from those clips, it seemed like a pretty boring debate to me.

Quote Originally Posted by beefytee View Post
    From what I saw and from those clips, it seemed like a pretty boring debate to me.
    Yeah, it is pretty boring when the Dems speak the truth...

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Don't know who created this, but it's pretty good ...

BernieslamsTrump.jpg
    Last edited by tooblue; 02-11-2020 at 08:27 AM.

Two old men stuck in a mid-twentieth century mindset. We're going to wind up with that? Ugh.
    When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
    Two old white men stuck in a mid-twentieth century mindset. We're going to wind up with that? Ugh.
    FIFY. (Well, one white and one orange.)
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Amy! Amy! Amy!

So Biden has packed it up and headed to South Carolina already... I guess he knows already that he is coming in 5th (or maybe even worse).

Who is the "lying dog-faced pony soldier" now, Joe?

Student, 21, says she was insulted by Joe Biden when he called her a 'lying dog-faced pony soldier' after asking about his poor Iowa results and says it shows how badly his campaign is going

• Joe Biden called Madison Moore a 'lying, dog-faced pony soldier' after she asked him a question at his campaign event in Hampton, New Hampshire on Sunday
    • Biden later said he was quoting John Wayne
    • The 21-year-old Mercer University student had nervously nodded her head yes when Biden asked her if she had ever been to a caucus before
    • Moore said she didn't find his remark funny, saying: 'It was kind of humiliating to be called a liar on national TV by the former vice president'
    • She added: 'I am 21-year old college student, like what the hell do I know? Who cares who I am or my experience. Just answer the damn question'
    • Moore said she wasn't expecting for her question to make headlines, saying: 'If I had expected that I would’ve worn makeup. I would’ve looked a lot cuter'
    • On Monday, a new Quinnipiac poll put Bernie Sanders ahead of Biden nationally - with the Vermont Senator getting 25% of the vote while Biden is at 17%
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...peaks-out.html

Now he is attacking Major Pete...

But I like those decorative lights that Major Pete had installed under the bridge!
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Princeps Inter Pares

So Biden has packed it up and headed to South Carolina already... I guess he knows already that he is coming in 5th (or maybe even worse).

Who is the "lying dog-faced pony soldier" now, Joe?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...peaks-out.html

Now he is attacking Major Pete...

But I like those decorative lights that Major Pete had installed under the bridge!
    Okay... but she was in fact lying. Jury still out on whether she is a pony soldier.
    τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Quote Originally Posted by All-American View Post
    Okay... but she was in fact lying. Jury still out on whether she is a pony soldier.
    Yeah, plus she whiffed on that dad joke. She needs to get current on her John Wayne movies.

Well, it looks like Bernie beat Mayor Pete by about 1% or so. And Klobuchar did a full body slam on Warren. I wonder if Amy will be Bernie's pick for a running mate.

Big night for Drumpf... It looks like he got more than double the votes in NH than each of the last four incumbent presidents did on their re-election runs:

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by myboynoah View Post
    Amy! Amy! Amy!
    She's part of the problem. Sanders had 27% of the NH vote, and won by 1.3%. Together the socialists had 34% of the vote. And from the comments in response to Friedman's shout out for Bloomberg in today's Times, it looks like a lot of Warren's supporters are not socialists. (By the way, in 2016 Sanders had 62% of NH and beat Hillary by 22%.) Amy or Peter need to drop out. Amy needs to join Bloomberg as his running mate, right now.

--Jonathan Swift