Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Thread: The 2020 Presidential Election Primary Thread

Quote Originally Posted by myboynoah View Post
    So disingenuous dumpian.

This is four pinocchios territory, and people will expose it.
    The 1% weren't the big beneficiaries of the tax cuts? Sure wasn't me.
    "Just watched the speech. He lit up both sides. I loved it." -Shaka

Quote Originally Posted by frank ryan View Post
    I'll take your word for it and wouldn't be surprised. But using this tax refund issue is deceptive and exactly what the dump would do. People are getting lower refunds because the Government withheld less of the more money they received under the tax breaks, which is actually a good thing.
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

What does any of that have to do with her tweet? I bet you did benefit from the tax cuts. I’d be shocked if you didn’t. In fact, you likely benefitted at a higher percentage than the 1%.
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

"Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Princeps Inter Pares

Quote Originally Posted by Moliere View Post
    :huh: I thought she was Native American.
    τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Kamala Harris says she smoked weed and listened to Snoop and Tupac years before they released albums

https://www.thefader.com/2019/02/12/...noop-and-tupac

Harris graduated from Howard University in 1986 and UC Hastings College of the Law in 1989.

The debut projects from Snoop and Tupac brought the two previously unknown rappers worldwide renown. Tupac released 2Pacalypse Now in 1991, and Snoop Dogg came through with Doggystyle in 1993. While Snoop Dogg didn't begin recording music until 1992 with Dr. Dre for The Chronic, Tupac started in rap as a local Baltimore act under the alias MC New York in 1987. At that time, Harris would have been studying law at UC Hastings; it seems unlikely that she would have been closely following underground Maryland hip-hop.
    One of the grandest benefits of the enlightenment was the realization that our moral sense must be based on the welfare of living individuals, not on their immortal souls. Honest and passionate folks can strongly disagree regarding spiritual matters, so it's imperative that we not allow such considerations to infringe on the real happiness of real people.

Woot

I believe religion has much inherent good and has born many good fruits.
    SU

Quote Originally Posted by snowcat View Post
    Kamala Harris says she smoked weed and listened to Snoop and Tupac years before they released albums

Dyslexics are teople poo...

That is like the opposite of Chappelle and his listening to Tupac: http://www.cc.com/video-clips/cio5rg...e---uncensored

Quote Originally Posted by Flystripper View Post
    I agree- big deal. She got her timelines mixed up. You know the first 3-7 years after college still feel like college...
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Kids, this is what smoking pot does to your brain. Don't be a dumbass stoner.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Kids, this is what smoking pot does to your brain. Don't be a dumbass stoner.
    But marijuana is so cool!

Faith crisis consultant SeattleUte's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
    Maybe not! Trump took time out of his incredibly busy schedule this morning to tweet the following:
    It feels so good to be white and rich and live and work in an all-white enclave with other rich people--and be leftist. It's like bearing your testimony. PAC and Elizabeth Warren need to start giving it all away to the poor.
    When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
    It feels so good to be white and rich and live and work in an all-white enclave with other rich people--and be leftist. It's like bearing your testimony. PAC and Elizabeth Warren need to start giving it all away to the poor.
    About time someone took it to PACohontas!

Don't take it personally, PAC. He only lashes out at the ones he truly loves.

bizarre reply to a pretty innocuous jab at Trump's obviously stupid boast of working so hard. I don't think that makes PAC a leftist. Isn't it a little early in the day to be hitting the Jose Cuervo?
    Last edited by BlueK; 02-14-2019 at 12:25 PM.

Has SU always been this anti-elitist? Didn't he used to be a patron of the ballet? How did he become so MAGA?

Quote Originally Posted by Northwestcoug View Post
    Has SU always been this anti-elitist? Didn't he used to be a patron of the ballet? How did he become so MAGA?
    I am not an enemy of elites. I only disdain some--such as elites who don't care about lost jobs on pipeline termini or at Amazon HQs or that sit in their palatial offices munching on a brioche and wish failure on hard working 19 year old kids. Basically, I love liberty, I want people to be rewarded for hard work and risk taking, and I hate hypocrisy.
    When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

I am not an enemy of elites. I only disdain some--such as elites who don't care about lost jobs on pipeline termini or at Amazon HQs or that sit in their palatial offices munching on a brioche and wish failure on hard working 19 year old kids. Basically, I love liberty, I want people to be rewarded for hard work and risk taking, and I hate hypocrisy.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

So you don't deny being a patron of the ballet?

I am not an enemy of elites. I only disdain some--such as elites who wish failure on hard working 19 year old kids.
    I pray for LDS missionaries too.
    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay

I would rather take a political risk in pursuit of peace, than to risk peace in pursuit of politics. --President Donald J. Trump

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump

You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

I am not an enemy of elites.
    Definitely.

Quote Originally Posted by Northwestcoug View Post
    He’s default MAGA. He loves raging on leftists and being edgy.

Definitely.
    I haven't found your Green New Deal thread. I bet you're excited about the impending votes on the resolution in the House and Senate.

--Jonathan Swift

I haven't found your Green New Deal thread. I bet you're excited about the impending votes on the resolution in the House and Senate.
    That’s because there isn’t one. Your assuming I fall in line with everything and anything Democrats push. I don’t have an opinion on it, sorry to disappoint you.

Semper infra dignitatem PaloAltoCougar's Avatar

I picture you at your desk, quill in hand, writing posts like this and I smile. Though often groundless (as is the case in this instance), smug internet attacks are your art and this is another masterpiece. That you took apparent umbrage at a mild shot about Trump’s work habits is weird, but I suspect you were just itching to unload, so I understand. Glad I didn’t mock his hair, lest I really provoke you.

In the hope you’ll move on to more deserving targets, I’ll note that you are wealthier than I and I’d guess you hang out with a more elitist crowd than I do. In the past twelve presidential elections I have voted for ten Republicans, one Democrat (Obama, a vote I do not regret, as the thought of a President Palin still makes my right eye twitch), and one independent (I would have voted for pretty much anyone other than Trump). I enjoy George Will’s columns, and my two most recent policy reads (and with which I largely agree) are Jonah Goldberg’s Suicide of the West and The Cato Institute’s Overcharged (a libertarian take on health care that also rips on the idea of single payer). I would never vote for Warren, AOC or Bernie (though I think Bernie has more intellectual honesty than most candidates). But I do loathe Trump and believe that he has caused terrible harm to genuine conservative principles. I’m surprised you rush to his defense.

You should consider buying the rights to Walter Sobchak’s moniker since, like you, the movie character was always entertaining, even though he was enthusiastically and artfully bashing in the wrong car.

I picture you at your desk, quill in hand, writing posts like this and I smile. Though often groundless (as is the case in this instance), smug internet attacks are your art and this is another masterpiece. That you took apparent umbrage at a mild shot about Trump’s work habits is weird, but I suspect you were just itching to unload, so I understand. Glad I didn’t mock his hair, lest I really provoke you.

In the hope you’ll move on to more deserving targets, I’ll note that you are wealthier than I and I’d guess you hang out with a more elitist crowd than I do. In the past twelve presidential elections I have voted for ten Republicans, one Democrat (Obama, a vote I do not regret, as the thought of a President Palin still makes my right eye twitch), and one independent (I would have voted for pretty much anyone other than Trump). I enjoy George Will’s columns, and my two most recent policy reads (and with which I largely agree) are Jonah Goldberg’s Suicide of the West and The Cato Institute’s Overcharged (a libertarian take on health care that also rips on the idea of single payer). I would never vote for Warren, AOC or Bernie (though I think Bernie has more intellectual honesty than most candidates). But I do loathe Trump and believe that he has caused terrible harm to genuine conservative principles. I’m surprised you rush to his defense.

You should consider buying the rights to Walter Sobchak’s moniker since, like you, the movie character was always entertaining, even though he was enthusiastically and artfully bashing in the wrong car.
    You didn't even deny that you're eating brioche and wishing failure upon 19 year old kids. Pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
    You didn't even deny that you're eating brioche and wishing failure upon 19 year old kids. Pathetic.
    Didn’t have time to write more as I needed to confer with my falconer and houndsman.

No, you're the GOAT (see Tom Brady, not someone blameworthy) at this. Haha. Well done.

--Jonathan Swift

No, you're the GOAT (see Tom Brady, not someone blameworthy) at this. Haha. Well done.

Let us share the throne.

This last line deserves some credit. Well done.