Page 66 of 66 FirstFirst ... 1656646566
Results 1,951 to 1,963 of 1963

Thread: The 2020 Presidential Election Primary Thread

Quote Originally Posted by frank ryan View Post
    How do other nations function when the majority of their citizens pick their leaders? Everyone is so frightened about that possibility.
    How do other nations function when one of the major national parties does not rig its primary in favor of a pre-selected candidate but instead acts impartially and unbiased according to its charter?
    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay

I would rather take a political risk in pursuit of peace, than to risk peace in pursuit of politics. --President Donald J. Trump

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump

You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    How do other nations function when one of the major national parties does not rig its primary in favor of a pre-selected candidate but instead acts impartially and unbiased according to its charter?
    Yeah, this is how we ended up with Drumpf as our president... thanks a lot GOP'ers.
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Exactly. The wealth tax may make progressives feel warm and fuzzy, but that is an extremely dangerous precedent. Once you open that door, what is next?
    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay

I would rather take a political risk in pursuit of peace, than to risk peace in pursuit of politics. --President Donald J. Trump

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump

You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    That's idiotic. I promise you that Bill Gates wasn't weighing the options of working at Taco Bell or starting Microsoft. Bill Gates was motivated by great ideas. Politics aside, only people with mediocre ideas are motivated by money.
    "In heaven, all the interesting people are missing." - Friedrich Nietzsche

UofU/BYU mixed marriage Scott R Nelson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Non Sequitur View Post
    That's idiotic. I promise you that Bill Gates wasn't weighing the options of working at Taco Bell or starting Microsoft. Bill Gates was motivated by great ideas. Politics aside, only people with mediocre ideas are motivated by money.
    That's sort of what I was thinking, but you said it much better.

I worked in the computer industry for decades and our prime motivation was to do things that had never been done before, and to do it better than the competition. Getting payed well for it was just a bonus.

Bloomberg looking to enter the democrat race? Please tell me it’s true.
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

So, it is your position, that tax policy has no impact on investment or innovation?

If so, that is nuts, man.

That said, the tweet you are responding to you is stupid as nobody knows what impact tax policy had on Bill Gates individual decision, I am speaking more in aggregate terms.

Quote Originally Posted by imanihonjin View Post
    So, it is your position, that tax policy has no impact on investment or innovation?

If so, that is nuts, man.

That said, the tweet you are responding to you is stupid as nobody knows what impact tax policy had on Bill Gates individual decision, I am speaking more in aggregate terms.
    This is an amazing post so I’m responding just to preserve it in case iman decides to delete it.
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Bill Gates still would’ve started Microsoft, but he would probably have moved a lot of the operations and personal assets overseas to avoid taxes.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Quote Originally Posted by Moliere View Post
    This is an amazing post so I’m responding just to preserve it in case iman decides to delete it.
    Huh?
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Huh?
    Iman reinterprets ns’s post in a disingenuous manner in an attempt to prove him wrong, then iman goes on to basically agree with ns. It’s the perfect polarized political argument.

Iman reinterprets ns’s post in a disingenuous manner in an attempt to prove him wrong, then iman goes on to basically agree with ns. It’s the perfect polarized political argument.
    Okay, Moli, you tell me what he means by the last sentence in his post. I didn't interpret anything disingenuously, I asked if I was interpreting his post correctly. I could be wrong in my inferences and wanted to make sure I was understanding him correctly.

Perhaps you were projecting with your disingenuous characterizations.

Bloomberg looking to enter the democrat race? Please tell me it’s true.
    This could be be fun!

The Dems seem to be loving him.
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!