No announcement yet.

The 2020 Presidential Election Primary Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am a fan of any meme that mocks Beto. He is such a dork.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      I am a fan of any meme that mocks Beto. He is such a dork.
      Hey, but he is our dork so you can't make fun of him. He is off limits for Utahns. But please pray for Beto... He may not make it into September/October debates:

Here are the 2020 Democratic candidates who could be cut from the next presidential debate
      [...]
      There’s still time for struggling candidates to recover. All 20 contenders who appeared on the debate stage last week will return for the late July debates. And, for now, only a fraction of voters are paying close attention to the unfolding Democratic contest.

But failing to qualify for the September-October debates could be lethal to any candidate, regardless of whether they formally drop out of the race.

Currently, the only locks for the fall debates are former Vice President Joe Biden, Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders, Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren, California Sen. Kamala Harris and South Bend, Indiana, Mayor Pete Buttigieg. Former Texas Rep. Beto O’Rourke is likely to qualify, but after an underwhelming debate performance last week, even he is not guaranteed to make the polling threshold. Only polls taken between June 28 and Aug. 28 will count.
      [...]
      https://www.marketwatch.com/story/he...ate-2019-07-01

"If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
        I am a fan of any meme that mocks Beto. He is such a dork.
        Sure, but he seems like a nice person which a lot of the candidates can’t say. He should drop out though and run for something else.

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
          Sure, but he seems like a nice person which a lot of the candidates can’t say. He should drop out though and run for something else.
          Yeah, like president of Mexico!.. He is doing very well in the polls there.

rre20dp8mk731.jpg
          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
            Yeah, like president of Mexico!.. He is doing very well in the polls there.

[ATTACH]9631[/ATTACH]
            I was amazed that Beto went to Mexico right after the debate. Who is advising that guy?
            Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Yeah. Beto's campaign has been the least impressive by far. He needs a lot of help.

Comment

• Originally posted by beefytee View Post
                Yeah. Beto's campaign has been the least impressive by far. He needs a lot of help.
                His spanish is worse than RM spanish. He needs to knock it off and oh also learn something from Julian Castro about immigration law. He has a lot of good qualities, just needs help, like you say.
                "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
                  His spanish is worse than RM spanish. He needs to knock it off and oh also learn something from Julian Castro about immigration law. He has a lot of good qualities, just needs help, like you say.
                  Not referring to himself as Beto would be a good start.
                  Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Biden has the dirt on the other 2020 Dems...

Biden warns Democratic rivals he's got 'all this information about other people’s pasts'

Joe Biden let slip that his campaign was collecting dirt on his rivals for the 2020 Democratic presidential nomination.

“I mean, I get all this information about other people’s pasts, and what they’ve done and not done. And you know, I’m just not going to go there. If we keep doing that — I mean, we should be debating what we do from here," Biden told CNN in a Friday interview, referring to the crowded field of two dozen White House hopefuls.
                    [...]
                    https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...-peoples-pasts

Come on Joe... just have one of your staff leak the dirt then you don't have to go there and we get what we want. Release the dirt!

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Sent from my iPhone and not some cheap Chinese crap running Android spyware
                      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• And Harris finds a way to give away more free stuff. I wonder how long it will take for Bernie and Warren to just promise free houses...oh wait, I think Warren had a plan like this at one point. No wonder Bernie is slipping in the polls, dude needs to wake up and promise a mansion to everyone making under $50k per year.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...p-2020-1399253
                        "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                          And Harris finds a way to give away more free stuff. I wonder how long it will take for Bernie and Warren to just promise free houses...oh wait, I think Warren had a plan like this at one point. No wonder Bernie is slipping in the polls, dude needs to wake up and promise a mansion to everyone making under $50k per year.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...p-2020-1399253
                          The proposal only applies to black people. Incredible that she thinks it's acceptable to restrict government handouts along racial lines.
                          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Dammit Frank... You got my hopes up for Weld:

Bill Weld Raises a Pathetic $688,000 in Second Quarter

Trump's challenger soldiers on despite being outraised 150 to 1 and outpolled by more than 70 percentage points.
                            [...]
                            If Weld is being adequately funded, it's not in the millions. ABC News reported Wednesday night on the presidential candidate's second-quarter fundraising numbers, and they're grim—just $688,000 from 7,000 donors, plus an additional $181,000 from Weld himself. That compares to a combined $105 million from the Trump re-election campaign and the Republican National Committee, which have undergone an unprecedented merger.

How paltry is $688,000? This paltry: Montana Gov. Steve Bullock—who entered the Democratic race one month after Weld, polls nationally at around 0.4 percent, and couldn't even qualify to be one of 20 Democrats on the initial debate stage—raised $2 million this quarter.
                            [...]
                            https://reason.com/2019/07/05/bill-w...TBf-QDgZYLb-kE
                            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                              Dammit Frank... You got my hopes up for Weld
                              Amash 2020
                              You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                              Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                              You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
                                Amash 2020
                                I'd vote for him.

Comment

Working...
                                X