The 2020 Presidential Election Primary Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
    Warren starts off with a full broadside on Bloomberg. As does Klobuchar. This is sort of amusing.
    I turned this on late but this debate has been entertaining. Just like watching a train wreck... I can't turn it off.
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• The Bernie fans are heckling Biden... LOL.

The groupies were saying to Joe, "We don't want you here. Green New Deal!"

They are feeling the Bern in Nevada.
      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
        LOL... I don't think Bloomberg is going to stop Bernie:

He has insulted LGBTQ+ folk:

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...comments-video

And farmers...

https://www.newsweek.com/mike-bloomb...n-jobs-1487633

Not to mention he is obviously a racist.

If the Dems make him their candidate then they would be all hypocrites... so I guess he has a pretty good chance.
        LOL. Add sexist Bloomberg's list. This guy is full of surprises:

Bloomberg seems like the perfect candidate for the Dems.

However, my money is still on Bernie winning the vote but not getting the nomination (thanks to the DNC and their superdelegates).
        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
            It appears that life imitates both the Onion and the Bee
            sigpic
            "Outlined against a blue, gray
            October sky the Four Horsemen rode again"
            Grantland Rice, 1924

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
              LOL. Add sexist Bloomberg's list. This guy is full of surprises:

Bloomberg seems like the perfect candidate for the Dems.

However, my money is still on Bernie winning the vote but not getting the nomination (thanks to the DNC and their superdelegates).
              The right is delighted Bernie is likely Trump's opponent, and so especially Sean Hannity-types are piling on Bloomberg. Republicans are organizing to vote Sanders in South Carolina. Stupid. Anything can happen. We're an economic downturn away from a Sanders administration.
              When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                The right is delighted Bernie is likely Trump's opponent, and so especially Sean Hannity-types are piling on Bloomberg. Republicans are organizing to vote Sanders in South Carolina. Stupid. Anything can happen. We're an economic downturn away from a Sanders administration.
                Ha. You'd think that a bunch of supporters of a guy nobody gave a shot 4 years ago would be a bit more self aware...
                "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
                  Ha. You'd think that a bunch of supporters of a guy nobody gave a shot 4 years ago would be a bit more self aware...
                  So are the same people who blame liberals for Trump getting elected going to blame Republicans if Bernie gets elected? I’m increasingly convinced that whomever the democrat is, they will get more votes and should have a very good shot, but Trump will pull and all dirty trick he can to win. That’ll be tough to beat. He has nothing to constrain him, and foreign interference has been anything but dissuaded.

Comment

• My wife casually watched the debate with me last night. She does not follow politics, and did not pay very close attention to most of the debate. Afterwards, I asked her which of the candidates she'd be most inclined to vote for. Her vote was for Warren, largely, it seems, because she stood up for Klobuchar on the whole Mexican president thing.
                    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                    - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                      My wife casually watched the debate with me last night. She does not follow politics, and did not pay very close attention to most of the debate. Afterwards, I asked her which of the candidates she'd be most inclined to vote for. Her vote was for Warren, largely, it seems, because she stood up for Klobuchar on the whole Mexican president thing.
                      Most balanced assessment I've seen, from NPR.

https://www.npr.org/2020/02/20/80763...ocratic-debate
                      When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                        So are the same people who blame liberals for Trump getting elected going to blame Republicans if Bernie gets elected? I’m increasingly convinced that whomever the democrat is, they will get more votes and should have a very good shot, but Trump will pull and all dirty trick he can to win. That’ll be tough to beat. He has nothing to constrain him, and foreign interference has been anything but dissuaded.
                        Yes! I surely will.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                          I want Bloomberg to be the nominee because I could probably vote for him. But even if I was a Trump guy, I would not want Sanders. He has a greater than zero chance of being elected President and probably more like 35 or 40%. Apart from the clear dangers of a Sanders administration, the Dem coalescing around him and going full communist permanently is not a good thing for the country.

I never thought we would see a worse general election choice than Trump v Hillary. But here we are staring down Trump v Sanders.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                            I want Bloomberg to be the nominee because I could probably vote for him. But even if I wasn't a Trump guy, I would not want Sanders. He has a greater than zero chance of being elected President and probably more like 35 or 40%. Apart from the clear dangers of a Sanders administration, the Dem coalescing around him and going full communist permanently is not a good thing for the country.

I never thought we would see a worse general election choice than Trump v Hillary. But here we are staring down Trump v Sanders.

FIFY

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                              I want Bloomberg to be the nominee because I could probably vote for him. But even if I was a Trump guy, I would not want Sanders. He has a greater than zero chance of being elected President and probably more like 35 or 40%. Apart from the clear dangers of a Sanders administration, the Dem coalescing around him and going full communist permanently is not a good thing for the country.

Yeah, I would prefer Hillary over Sanders any day. Barf...
                              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                                So you and Donald Trump both think the system is rigged. Nut jobs.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Working...
                                X