The 2020 Presidential Election Primary Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
    Pocahontas has potential... Someone get her a beer.
    summon_mf.jpg
    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
    Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
    You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
      Watched some Maddow as filtered through Jimmy Dore.

I'm on the Elizabeth Warren train. Choo choo... let's do this thing!
      I specifically said not Maddow. I do watch her show sometimes, but you have to get used to it and I definitely wouldn't have wasted my time on a whole show with Elizabeth Warren on. Chris Hayes is good though. Ari Melber at 6ET is also good but a little early perhaps for those who live in the west.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
        I specifically said not Maddow. I do watch her show sometimes, but you have to get used to it and I definitely wouldn't have wasted my time on a whole show with Elizabeth Warren on. Chris Hayes is good though. Ari Melber at 6ET is also good but a little early perhaps for those who live in the west.
        He said "filtered through Jimmy Dore." Dear lord.
        Last edited by frank ryan; 01-09-2019, 08:53 PM.

Comment

• Battle tested? Hillary 2020?
          "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
          "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Battle tested? Hillary 2020?
            Avenatti? Didn't know they let you tweet from lockup.
            τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

• Beto live streams his trip to the dentist...

O'Rourke talks border during Instagram video at dentist

[ATTACH]9324[/ATTACH]

Former Rep. Beto O'Rourke (D-Texas) recorded his trip to the dentist on Thursday to showcase his hygienist's experiences growing up near the southern border.

"So I'm here at the dentist and we’re going to continue our series on the people of the border," O'Rourke says in a video posted on Instagram as he receives a dental cleaning.
              [...]
              https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...deo-at-dentist
              Attached Files
              "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Beto live streams his trip to the dentist...

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...deo-at-dentist

I can’t wait for Kamala Harris to live stream herself watching Netflix.
                "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Kirsten Gillibrand keeps using this phrase “As a young Mom...”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.9e5b33e89e6d

I mean she is 52 years old — I know she is from New York where maybe the regular age Moms are in their 60s. But just seems very out of touch and off-putting to call herself “a young Mom.” Democrats live in a fantasy world.

Comment

• Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
                    Kirsten Gillibrand keeps using this phrase “As a young Mom...”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.9e5b33e89e6d

I mean she is 52 years old — I know she is from New York where maybe the regular age Moms are in their 60s. But just seems very out of touch and off-putting to call herself “a young Mom.” Democrats live in a fantasy world.
                    Taking a page out of Trump's playbook. Change the definition of something (fake news) and parrot the new definition enough times, and people will forget or stop caring that you changed the definition.

Comment

• Dem's are starting to eat their own...

Beto's excellent adventure drips with white male privilege
                      [...]
                      But O'Rourke, tall, handsome, white and male, has this latitude, to be and do anything. His privilege even allows him to turn a loss to the most despised candidate of the cycle into a launching pad for a White House run.

Stacey Abrams, a Yale-trained lawyer, couldn't do this.
                      https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/17/polit...020/index.html

"Skateboard Jesus" has the white penis disease... poor guy.
                      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• This is a pretty cool feature on 538. A few things I thought were interesting:
                        -Nixon was pretty popular for most of his presidency
                        -Americans get sick of our presidents over time, with the exception of Clinton
                        -The shift in approval ratings for George HW Bush are pretty stunning
                        -The relatively flat rating over Obama's presidency seems like a reflection of the polarization in American politics

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...roval-ratings/

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                          This is a pretty cool feature on 538. A few things I thought were interesting:
                          -The relatively flat rating over Obama's presidency seems like a reflection of the polarization in American politics

That is cool. Crazy how closely correlated Gerald Ford's approval ratings are.

Considering how close the race was between Nixon and Kennedy, I'm somewhat surprised at how consistently high the approval ratings were for Kennedy. I would have expected Ike's approval ratings to easily eclipse those of JFK.
                          "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                          - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                            This is a pretty cool feature on 538. A few things I thought were interesting:

Wow. Fascinating.

You can see right where Harry Truman starting battling MacArthur.
                            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Curious what others think of this policy proposal by Pocahontas.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/24/eliz...c-advisor.html

I'm a conservative but I think wealth concentration is a growing problem. Inheritance taxes have been the historical way solve it but that seems too slow. I would prefer that such a tax go to cover current deficits rather than to fund new entitlements or "green policies."

Comment

• Originally posted by wapiti View Post
                                Curious what others think of this policy proposal by Pocahontas.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/24/eliz...c-advisor.html

I'm a conservative but I think wealth concentration is a growing problem. Inheritance taxes have been the historical way solve it but that seems too slow. I would prefer that such a tax go to cover current deficits rather than to fund new entitlements or "green policies."
                                The article you linked concedes that a wealth tax is unconstitutional and would require a constitutional amendment. It's obviously possible to amend the constitution but it would still be a pretty long process for that to happen.

Comment

Working...
                                X