The 2020 Presidential Election Primary Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
    Yeah... it is a shame that the DNC/CNN/NYtimes doesn't give her a fair chance by not rigging the election against her. If she is still in by the time the Texas primaries roll around I will declare myself a democrat for the day and vote for her.
    She is far too moderate to win a primary. Has little to do with media bias.
    Last edited by Jeff Lebowski; 10-16-2019, 12:42 PM.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      She is far too moderate to win a primary.
      I am not sure she is really that moderate, but she is logical and reasonable. It is sad that this makes her unelectable in a primary.

Although I am still not real clear what her thing is with Syria. Last night she sounded fine, but in previous interviews she has seemed oddly conciliatory towards Assad.
      PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
        I am not sure she is really that moderate, but she is logical and reasonable. It is sad that this makes her unelectable in a primary.

Although I am still not real clear what her thing is with Syria. Last night she sounded fine, but in previous interviews she has seemed oddly conciliatory towards Assad.
        That is exactly the problem. She says stuff like this:

and gets accused of being a republican shill. Meanwhile Warren goes with tribal politics (bonus pun) and class warfare and mocks religion and surges to the lead.
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

For example, refer to the ravings of frank_ryan.
          You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
          Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
          You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

Yeah, that is too bad... the rest of them are clowns:

And there are a lot of moderate voters and if they nominate one of those clowns then Drumpf will walk right in to a second term.

Hey, did they vote to impeach him yet?
            "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
            "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
            "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Dems eating their own... Biden is dead so now they have turned on Warren:

"I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• I am guessing the Dems will say that it would be worth it...

Pick your poison: Hedge-fund billionaire Leon Cooperman says the stock market could plunge 25% under either a Warren or Sanders presidency

The billionaire hedge-fund manager Leon Cooperman is worried that a presidential-election victory for either Elizabeth Warren or Bernie Sanders could send the stock market tumbling into a full-fledged bear market.

"If Elizabeth Warren is elected president, in my opinion, the market drops 25%," Cooperman said on CNBC on Wednesday. "Bernie Sanders, same thing."

The famous founder of Omega Advisors singled out Warren's and Sanders' proposals for taxing wealthy individuals and billionaires. Citing a quote attributed to Winston Churchill, Cooperman argued that "you don't make poor people rich by making rich people poor."

"I believe in a progressive income-tax structure. I believe rich people should pay more; I have no problem with that. This wealth tax is baloney," Cooperman said.

"What is their problem with billionaires?" he added.

Both candidates have criticized billionaires and put forth policy plans for a wealth tax to raise funds for a variety of new government programs.

Warren's proposal includes a 2% tax on families with a net worth of $50 million to $1 billion and a 3% tax on households worth north of $3 billion. Sanders' plan has a scaling tax reaching as high as 8% for people worth more than $10 billion.

Cooperman also said the decade-long bull market had "one more leg left" and could rise by 10% over the next six months.
                https://markets.businessinsider.com/...-10-1028605151
                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

That is exactly the problem. She says stuff like this:

and gets accused of being a republican shill. Meanwhile Warren goes with tribal politics (bonus pun) and class warfare and mocks religion and surges to the lead.
                  She's more interested in bashing her own party and progressives than she taking republicans to task. There is no way she can expect party-wide support. She also got the label of republican shill for being friendly with people like Steven Bannon, who floated her name as potential Trump cabinet member.

The altright and conspiracy circles like her. Altight and pro-Kremlin bot armies already astroturf for her. David Duke actively pressured his followers to raise money of her behalf. Tulsi is a strange candidate, but a straight up moderate she is not.

She is just more interested in courting conversatives and moderates than she is progressives and acts puzzled when she doesn't wider support.

Comment

• Oh brother.

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                      She's more interested in bashing her own party and progressives than she taking republicans to task. There is no way she can expect party-wide support. She also got the label of republican shill for being friendly with people like Steven Bannon, who floated her name as potential Trump cabinet member.

The altright and conspiracy circles like her. Altight and pro-Kremlin bot armies already astroturf for her. David Duke actively pressured his followers to raise money of her behalf. Tulsi is a strange candidate, but a straight up moderate she is not.

She is just more interested in courting conversatives and moderates than she is progressives and acts puzzled when she doesn't wider support.
                      SMH
                      PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Frank, where do you get this stuff? This is good. Do you watch a lot of CNN, the cable impeachment network? Share you sources with us!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

This is really good stuff, Frank.

Comment

• Maybe Biden needs to get blackfaced?

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• I'm not making shit up JL.

As she injects chaos into the 2020 Democratic primary by accusing her own party of “rigging” the election, an array of alt-right internet stars, white nationalists and Russians have praised her.

Stephen K. Bannon, President Trump’s former chief strategist, is impressed with her political talent. Richard B. Spencer, the white nationalist leader, says he could vote for her. Former Representative Ron Paul praises her “libertarian instincts,” while Franklin Graham, the influential evangelist, finds her “refreshing.”

And far-right conspiracy theorists like Mike Cernovich see a certain MAGA sais quoi.

She’s got a good energy, a good vibe. You feel like this is just a serious person,” Mr. Cernovich said. “She seems very Trumpian.”

Among her fellow Democrats, Representative Tulsi Gabbard has struggled to make headway as a presidential candidate, barely cracking the 2 percent mark in the polls needed to qualify for Tuesday night’s debate. She is now injecting a bit of chaos into her own party’s primary race, threatening to boycott that debate to protest what she sees as a “rigging” of the 2020 election. That’s left some Democrats wondering what, exactly, she is up to in the race, while others worry about supportive signs from online bot activity and the Russian news media.

On podcasts and online videos, in interviews and Twitter feeds, alt-right internet stars, white nationalists, libertarian activists and some of the biggest boosters of Mr. Trump heap praise on Ms. Gabbard. They like the Hawaiian congresswoman’s isolationist foreign policy views. They like her support for drug decriminalization. They like what she sees as censorship by big technology platforms.

Then there is 4chan, the notoriously toxic online message board, where some right-wing trolls and anti-Semites fawn over Ms. Gabbard, calling her “Mommy” and praising her willingness to criticize Israel. In April, the Daily Stormer, a neo-Nazi website, took credit for Ms. Gabbard’s qualification for the first two Democratic primary debates.

Ms. Gabbard has disavowed some of her most hateful supporters, castigating the news media for giving “any oxygen at all” to the endorsement she won from the white nationalist leader David Duke. But her frequent appearances on Tucker Carlson’s Fox News show have buoyed her support in right-wing circles.

Both Ms. Gabbard and her campaign refused requests for comment about her support in right-wing circles or threat to boycott the debate. Even some political strategists who have worked with her are at a loss to explain her approach to politics.
                              https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/12/u...i-gabbard.html

Comment

Tulsi Gabbard is a white supremacist, alt-right, russian bot?!? Where have I heard that before?

The NYTimes and CNN are just 'tools' for the DNC's election rigging.
                                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X