No announcement yet.

The 2020 Presidential Election Primary Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You Dems should vote for this guy... He could get BYU into a P5!
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      This should do wonders for his next senate run in Texas.
      Right? This makes no sense to me as a strategic move. Isn't his entire appeal supposed to be that he can win in red states? What a moran.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

• Oh no... is the DNC doing this sh*t again?

She should run as an independent.
        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by UVACoug View Post
          Right? This makes no sense to me as a strategic move. Isn't his entire appeal supposed to be that he can win in red states? What a moran.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
          It only makes sense if he's jettisoned any run for future statehood office. He's going for broke. He won't be president, but could be part of a democratic cabinet.
          "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
          "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
          - SeattleUte

Comment

• You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
            Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
            You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• Biden just proposed raising the capital gains tax to 40%. Isn’t he supposed to be the moderate?

Comment

• Warren had a good zinger on gay marriage. It was bad politics.

I see why "take no prisoners" leftist like Warren, but she is wholly unappealing to the rest of the country. She will fall into the Hillary trap and Trump will get re-elected.
                Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                  Warren had a good zinger on gay marriage. It was bad politics.

I see why "take no prisoners" leftist like Warren, but she is wholly unappealing to the rest of the country. She will fall into the Hillary trap and Trump will get re-elected.
                  Well, Trump will also get foreign help again. McConnell has made that more likely by refusing to even consider basic bills that help safeguard our elections.

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                    Warren had a good zinger on gay marriage. It was bad politics.

Not sure how to say this tactfully, but Americans won’t elect a president who reminds them of a self-righteous, overbearing mother-in-law! It’s been tried. It’s failed. It will fail again.

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                      Well, Trump will also get foreign help again.
                      Oh noes!

Exclusive: Even Pokémon Go used by extensive Russian-linked meddling effort (Oct 2017)
                      You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                      Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                      You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                        Not sure how to say this tactfully, but Americans won’t elect a president who reminds them of a self-righteous, overbearing mother-in-law! It’s been tried. It’s failed. It will fail again.
                        That's a much better alternative than the demonstrably corrupt and insane man we have who has successfully made us a lot less safer over the course of a week. Warren might lose to him, but if she did, i'd speculate that she'd get more of the popular vote than him.

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                          Yup. She is not likable to the average American and she lied about being a Native American and still
                          lies about being fired for becoming pregnant. I think she would be a pretty good President but she is a horrible candidate and will lose to Trump.

Comment

• Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
                            Yup. She is not likable to the average American and she lied about being a Native American and still
                            lies about being fired for becoming pregnant. I think she would be a pretty good President but she is a horrible candidate and will lose to Trump.
                            She also has angry eyebrows...which is not a good look.
                            "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by UVACoug View Post
                              Biden just proposed raising the capital gains tax to 40%. Isn’t he supposed to be the moderate?
                              Yes, those coupon clippers need to pay their fair share!

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                                He needs to just drop out now and run for senate again.
                                It's all or nothing for Beto... if he is not the Dems' nominee he will take his ball and go home:

During an interview with Politico, the squeaky-clean flat tire fixer rolled out the following:

“I cannot fathom a scenario where I would run for public office again if I’m not the nominee.”
                                https://www.redstate.com/alexparker/...good-comments/

Now that he wants to take guns away (with police going door-to-door) and pull the non-profit status of churches I really want him to run for the senate again in Texas. That would be fun.
                                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X