No announcement yet.

The 2020 Presidential Election Primary Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's not humble when you post it twice.
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
      It’s not made up shit. Going on Tucker Carlson all the time is certainly a way in which to court the hard right. Tulsi has made her targets the DNC and other democrats. Her criticizing Trump on Syria is welcomed and somewhat of a first.
      I am guessing that CNN (the DNC's tool) won't give her the time of day because the DNC doesn't like her... that is why she settles for FOX. You know like how CNN was feeding Hillary the debate questions and screwing over Bernie back in the 2016 cycle.
      "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
        I am guessing that CNN (the DNC's tool) won't give her the time of day because the DNC doesn't like her... that is why she settles for FOX. You know like how CNN was feeding Hillary the debate questions and screwing over Bernie back in the 2016 cycle.
        Even though its coming from Ted, there's probably some truth to this. CNN has no interest in undermining the Democratic front-runners.
        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
          My fifteen year old son and I were listening to an NPR interview with Andrew Yang. I was only kind of listening. My son said, "turn it off, I don't want him." I asked why, and he said, "Social credits?! Really? Does that sound like something you'd want?" What a great feeling when you hear your teenage kids reflect your own values.

Next day (during my run) I was listing to a London Review of Books article about the irony that we all thought the Internet would break China's totalitarianism, but now it's deploying the Internet effectively to make the authoritarian grip more comprehensive and effective. The article talked about how China is imposing a regime of social credits and social demerits.

(Sorry for the brags including the humble brags about running and listening to the London Review of Books.)
          Just to clarify, is your value that he has emulated disliking social credits or not listening to those with whom you disagree?
          PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
            Even though its coming from Ted, there's probably some truth to this. CNN has no interest in undermining the Democratic front-runners.
            Dude, if it came from Ted, there's a lot of truth to it!

Comment

• Now that Warren is leaving Biden in the dust, Bernie needs to get creative. I am thinking he and Mayor Pete should team up:

(LOL@Beto)

Especially, given that Bernie seems to be the only Dem that might be able to beat Drumpf.

Besides I want to see this bumper sticker:

IMG_2559.jpg
              "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Dems going full on conspiracy theory w/r/t Tulsi Gabbard. Even Hilary is jumping on the train now:

https://twitter.com/kthomasdc/status...962234374?s=21

Comment

• Originally posted by UVACoug View Post
                  Dems going full on conspiracy theory w/r/t Tulsi Gabbard. Even Hilary is jumping on the train now:

Are you sure they are talking about Gabbard? My money is on Warren. She looks like a Rusky. Well, at least more than she looks like a native american.
                  GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• On how if Gabbard is not the Dems' pick they won't have a chance against Drumpf...

Tulsi Gabbard: Canary in the Democratic Coal Mine
                    The imminent demise of her presidential campaign portends disaster for her party.

For a sense of how divorced the Democrats are from mainstream America, the collapse of Tulsi Gabbard’s presidential campaign is instructive. Gabbard is a liberal who supports banning so-called assault weapons, raising the minimum wage to $15, free college tuition, etc. But her positions on abortion and health care are relatively moderate. Moreover, she is circumspect about impeachment, the only responsible position for a sitting congresswoman, and supports withdrawing American troops from Syria. Thus, her poll numbers are tanking. This is good news for Republicans. If a liberal like Tulsi Gabbard is too moderate for today’s Democrats, they have no chance of beating Trump in 2020.

By rejecting relatively rational liberals like Tulsi Gabbard, Democratic primary voters will, for all intents and purposes, limit their choices to three deeply flawed candidates: former Vice President Joe Biden, Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren, and Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders. Even if it were possible to ignore the trainloads of baggage each of these three would bring to the general election — and the Trump campaign won’t allow the electorate to forget those liabilities — their policy proposals are too extreme. All three leading Democrats, for example, support federal funding of abortion. A recent McLaughlin & Associates poll of 1,000 likely general election voters nationwide found the following:

55% of voters oppose using federal tax dollars to pay for abortions under Medicaid (40% strongly oppose). This includes opposition among 35% of Democratic voters and 57% of Independent voters. 57% of voters oppose taxpayer funding of experiments that use organs and other body parts from aborted babies (41% strongly oppose). This includes 61% opposition among women voters.
                    [...]
                    https://spectator.org/tulsi-gabbard-...tic-coal-mine/

First, the title of this article is dumb because we all know the Dems don't like coal and coal miners. But I will withhold any further judgement of the content of this article until Frank has had a chance to chime in.
                    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by UVACoug View Post
                      Dems going full on conspiracy theory w/r/t Tulsi Gabbard. Even Hilary is jumping on the train now:

People have been skeptical of Tulsi. This shit is not new.

Comment

• Funny how she's a star of the Fox hosts and other Republicans considering the GOP opposes every one of these issues she's sponsored or supported in the House:

Legislation
                        H.R.1 — For the People Act of 2019 to expand voter registration and voting access, makes Election Day a federal holiday, and limits removing voters from voter rolls.
                        H.R.51 — Washington, D.C. Admission Act to provide for the admission of the State of Washington, D.C. into the Union.
                        H.R.727 — Puerto Rico Statehood Admission Process Act to provide for a vote on Puerto Rico's admission into the Union as a state.
                        H.R.712 — John Tanner Fairness and Independence in Redistricting Act to prevent gerrymandering
                        H.R.540 — Presidential Tax Disclosure Act of 2017 to require the disclosure of the Federal income tax returns of the President.

Comment

Many people are saying...

Comment

It might not be new, but it is (still) stupid.

Hilary and Trump are so much alike. Whereas Trump seems driven by an overwhelming need to be loved and admired, Hilary seems supremely confident of her superiority and so is unable to admit that any of her rejections have anything to do with her, they are instead a vast right wing, er, I mean, Russian, conspiracy and wouldn't you know they are doing it again. Trump wants to be loved and fears he isn't so keeps trying to show he deserves it. Hilary expects to be loved because she knows she deserves it and would get it if only we weren't all such stupid and unwitting dupes. I can't stand either of them.
                            PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Yep. Nothing new about the 2016 Democratic presidential nominee promoting conspiracy theories about a current contender for the 2020 nomination being a Russian plant. Just business as usual.

Comment

• More that Trumpists have nothing in common with Gabbard's stated positions:

Legislation
                                H.R. 3440 DREAM Act
                                H.R. 532 Dreamer Information Protection Act, which prohibits using DACA hearings for deportation
                                H.R. 496 Bridge Act, which codifies the DACA program
                                H.R. 392: Tulsi co-sponsored the Fairness for High-Skilled Immigrants Act, which would remove the existing per-country cap on employment-based green cards and ensure all immigrants are treated equally regardless of their country of origin.

Comment

Working...
                                X