Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2020 Presidential Election Primary Thread

Princeps Inter Pares

Default The 2020 Presidential Election Primary Thread

Never too early to be thinking ahead.
    τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Quote Originally Posted by All-American View Post
    Never too early to be thinking ahead.
    That's the Republican spirit. Got them far in 2012!

a day late/a dollar short Sullyute's Avatar

Four more years for President Clinton!!!
    "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

"Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

I'm on the Paul Ryan train!! Choo Choo!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Quote Originally Posted by Moliere View Post
    I'm on the Paul Ryan train!! Choo Choo!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No way he'll be running. After four seasons of West World, the people of the United States will finally understand who Mr. Ryan is.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    No way he'll be running. After four seasons of West World, the people of the United States will finally understand who Mr. Ryan is.
    I really want to think ANYONE the GOP nominates next time is bound to be better than the trainwreck they have running for them now.

Really, what's so bad about Ryan? I have a dual-minded political personality. Sometimes I think like a Libertarian and other times I'm more like a moderate Republican. My Republican side likes Paul Ryan.
    Last edited by BlueK; 10-14-2016 at 01:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueK View Post
    Really, what's so bad about Ryan? I have a dual-minded political personality. Sometimes I think like a Libertarian and other times I'm more like a moderate Republican. My Republican side likes Paul Ryan.
    I don't really have a problem with Ryan. I just think he's a little stiff and robotic is all. Doesn't come across as very warm. That has nothing to do with his politics.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

I don't really have a problem with Ryan. I just think he's a little stiff and robotic is all. Doesn't come across as very warm. That has nothing to do with his politics.
    I'm sure I won't have a problem with Paul Ryan, but if I do, believe me, there will be a price to pay. Believe me.

A Trump presidency would be unprecedented in the area of comedy and entertainment value -- like epic battles with the speaker of the House from his own party. Listen Paul, if you don't support my latest Hair-brained idea I'm going to veto your bill and sign Nancy Pelosi's instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Sullyute View Post
    Four more years for President Clinton!!!
    bump
    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay

I would rather take a political risk in pursuit of peace, than to risk peace in pursuit of politics. --President Donald J. Trump

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump

I had so much fun this time around, I want HRC to have another go at it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    bump
    four more years of celebrity oval office

Quote Originally Posted by Sullyute View Post
    four more years of celebrity oval office
    Can't wait to see your new avatar. Can you give us a tease?
    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay

I would rather take a political risk in pursuit of peace, than to risk peace in pursuit of politics. --President Donald J. Trump

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    Can't wait to see your new avatar. Can you give us a tease?
    I am still in denial. I will probably wait until january 20 to ease into the change.

YES!!!

The DNC needs to rig the 2020 primary for Michelle Obama.
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "I never preached in Texas, but I have preached in places as wicked..." -Brigham Young.
    "If we do nothing we'll be substantially behind (other Power leagues) a decade from now." -Bob Bowlsby on Big 12 expansion.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Outsider looking in Blueintheface's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ted View Post
    YES!!!

The DNC needs to rig the 2020 primary for Michelle Obama.
    If she doesn't win in 2020 I'm moving to Kenya.
    "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Trump needs a primary challenge.

Trump needs a primary challenge.
    Maybe he'll pull an LBJ and not run. If so the Republicans should put up someone like Ben Sasse. But I don't think Trump is going anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Omaha 680 View Post
    Maybe he'll pull an LBJ and not run. If so the Republicans should put up someone like Ben Sasse. But I don't think Trump is going anywhere.
    If he makes it to the next election.

If he makes it to the next election.
    I dreamt last night that in a middle of a press conference, Trump got mad and resigned. Just up and resigned and walked off the stage all huffy. I remember thinking how surreal it was and now that I recall my dream, it really was surreal.

I've mostly stopped paying attention to politics so I'm not sure where that came from. I did watch Seth Meyers last night so maybe from him.
    A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

I know this is not me breaking new ground, but after seeing the events in Charlottesville I can't imagine anyone that condemns racism to vote for Trump. While Obama, W, Clinton, etc. were not perfect on race issues, Trump's mere presence is fueling the fire and giving these white supremacist groups the balls to no longer hide behind their white sheets and step out into the light.
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Quote Originally Posted by Moliere View Post
    I know this is not me breaking new ground, but after seeing the events in Charlottesville I can't imagine anyone that condemns racism to vote for Trump. While Obama, W, Clinton, etc. were not perfect on race issues, Trump's mere presence is fueling the fire and giving these white supremacist groups the balls to no longer hide behind their white sheets and step out into the light.
    Trump's statement today was horrible. He couldn't be less presidential if he tried.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Trump's statement today was horrible. He couldn't be less presidential if he tried.
    That coupled with his non-statement about the firebombing of a mosque are pretty troubling. He refuses to call racists racists.
    Last edited by frank ryan; 08-12-2017 at 09:31 PM.
    "Just watched the speech. He lit up both sides. I loved it." -Shaka

Maybe I'll check out the libertarians this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by SCcoug View Post
    Maybe I'll check out the libertarians this time around.

That article is skeptical that North Korea is a pot-smoker friendly place. Gary Johnson didn't even read the article.
    "Just watched the speech. He lit up both sides. I loved it." -Shaka