No announcement yet.

The 2020 Presidential Election Primary Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dem candidate Hickenlooper explains why he watched an X-rated movie with his mom

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/202...-movie-n985796
    One of the grandest benefits of the enlightenment was the realization that our moral sense must be based on the welfare of living individuals, not on their immortal souls. Honest and passionate folks can strongly disagree regarding spiritual matters, so it's imperative that we not allow such considerations to infringe on the real happiness of real people.

Woot

I believe religion has much inherent good and has born many good fruits.
    SU

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      No. People mocked me for being scared he might actually win.
      Shame on you for being scared.

Comment

No. People mocked me for being scared he might actually win.
        I was also scared and mocked. I was reassured on election night there’d be no way he’d pull it off.

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
          Our mocking was justified. Look around. America is still here!
          Dude, the constitution is hanging by a thread!
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

We are living in a period of unprecedented political, legal and institutional stability.

Comment

• Biden must have it in the bag... he is selecting his running mate already:

Stacey Abrams considered as Joe Biden's V.P. pick: Report

Former Georgia gubernatorial candidate Stacey Abrams is reportedly being considered to join Joseph R. Biden’s presidential campaign as his vice presidential pick.
              “Close advisers” to the former vice president are debating adding Ms. Abrams immediately to the ticket so Mr. Biden “isn’t just another old white guy,” Axios reported on Thursday.
              [...]
              https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...mmediate-vp-p/

It will be good to have Joe and his Firebird back at the White House...

"If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
              "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
              "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Where is that UT meme with Mitt on the White Horse?
                Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• https://twitter.com/willdammann/stat...697588738?s=21

Comment

• That was very funny.

Man, I can't believe how many candidates there are.
                    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• That was well done.

Explain the Harris one to me. I didn't understand the reference.

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                        If only there was a way to embed tweets here. JL can you get on that? TIA.
                        Last edited by YOhio; 03-22-2019, 01:30 PM.
                        You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                        Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                        You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                          Biden must have it in the bag... he is selecting his running mate already:
                          If Biden runs, he will be the only Dem candidate (out of how many now? 20+?) to have voted for the Iraq War.
                          You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                          Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                          You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
                            If Biden runs, he will be the only Dem candidate (out of how many now? 20+?) to have voted for the Iraq War.
                            I hope Hillary runs again... she voted for the Iraq War as well. It will be weird if she doesn't run.
                            "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                            "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                            "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
                              If only there was a way to embed tweets here. JL can you get on that? TIA.
                              I blame America's fight against brown people.
                              Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
                                That was well done.

Explain the Harris one to me. I didn't understand the reference.
                                She was a prosecutor so good at locking people up, tough on crime.

Comment

Working...
                                X