No announcement yet.

The 2020 Presidential Election Primary Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has SU always been this anti-elitist? Didn't he used to be a patron of the ballet? How did he become so MAGA?
    "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
    "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
    - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
      Has SU always been this anti-elitist? Didn't he used to be a patron of the ballet? How did he become so MAGA?
      I am not an enemy of elites. I only disdain some--such as elites who don't care about lost jobs on pipeline termini or at Amazon HQs or that sit in their palatial offices munching on a brioche and wish failure on hard working 19 year old kids. Basically, I love liberty, I want people to be rewarded for hard work and risk taking, and I hate hypocrisy.
      When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
        I am not an enemy of elites. I only disdain some--such as elites who don't care about lost jobs on pipeline termini or at Amazon HQs or that sit in their palatial offices munching on a brioche and wish failure on hard working 19 year old kids. Basically, I love liberty, I want people to be rewarded for hard work and risk taking, and I hate hypocrisy.
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

So you don't deny being a patron of the ballet?
          "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
          "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
          - SeattleUte

Comment

I am not an enemy of elites. I only disdain some--such as elites who wish failure on hard working 19 year old kids.
            I pray for LDS missionaries too.
            You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
            Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
            You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

I am not an enemy of elites.
              Definitely.

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                Has SU always been this anti-elitist? Didn't he used to be a patron of the ballet? How did he become so MAGA?
                He’s default MAGA. He loves raging on leftists and being edgy.

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                  Definitely.
                  I haven't found your Green New Deal thread. I bet you're excited about the impending votes on the resolution in the House and Senate.
                  When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

I haven't found your Green New Deal thread. I bet you're excited about the impending votes on the resolution in the House and Senate.
                    That’s because there isn’t one. Your assuming I fall in line with everything and anything Democrats push. I don’t have an opinion on it, sorry to disappoint you.

Comment

It feels so good to be white and rich and live and work in an all-white enclave with other rich people--and be leftist. It's like bearing your testimony. PAC and Elizabeth Warren need to start giving it all away to the poor.
                      I picture you at your desk, quill in hand, writing posts like this and I smile. Though often groundless (as is the case in this instance), smug internet attacks are your art and this is another masterpiece. That you took apparent umbrage at a mild shot about Trump’s work habits is weird, but I suspect you were just itching to unload, so I understand. Glad I didn’t mock his hair, lest I really provoke you.

In the hope you’ll move on to more deserving targets, I’ll note that you are wealthier than I and I’d guess you hang out with a more elitist crowd than I do. In the past twelve presidential elections I have voted for ten Republicans, one Democrat (Obama, a vote I do not regret, as the thought of a President Palin still makes my right eye twitch), and one independent (I would have voted for pretty much anyone other than Trump). I enjoy George Will’s columns, and my two most recent policy reads (and with which I largely agree) are Jonah Goldberg’s Suicide of the West and The Cato Institute’s Overcharged (a libertarian take on health care that also rips on the idea of single payer). I would never vote for Warren, AOC or Bernie (though I think Bernie has more intellectual honesty than most candidates). But I do loathe Trump and believe that he has caused terrible harm to genuine conservative principles. I’m surprised you rush to his defense.

You should consider buying the rights to Walter Sobchak’s moniker since, like you, the movie character was always entertaining, even though he was enthusiastically and artfully bashing in the wrong car.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                        I picture you at your desk, quill in hand, writing posts like this and I smile. Though often groundless (as is the case in this instance), smug internet attacks are your art and this is another masterpiece. That you took apparent umbrage at a mild shot about Trump’s work habits is weird, but I suspect you were just itching to unload, so I understand. Glad I didn’t mock his hair, lest I really provoke you.

In the hope you’ll move on to more deserving targets, I’ll note that you are wealthier than I and I’d guess you hang out with a more elitist crowd than I do. In the past twelve presidential elections I have voted for ten Republicans, one Democrat (Obama, a vote I do not regret, as the thought of a President Palin still makes my right eye twitch), and one independent (I would have voted for pretty much anyone other than Trump). I enjoy George Will’s columns, and my two most recent policy reads (and with which I largely agree) are Jonah Goldberg’s Suicide of the West and The Cato Institute’s Overcharged (a libertarian take on health care that also rips on the idea of single payer). I would never vote for Warren, AOC or Bernie (though I think Bernie has more intellectual honesty than most candidates). But I do loathe Trump and believe that he has caused terrible harm to genuine conservative principles. I’m surprised you rush to his defense.

You should consider buying the rights to Walter Sobchak’s moniker since, like you, the movie character was always entertaining, even though he was enthusiastically and artfully bashing in the wrong car.
                        You didn't even deny that you're eating brioche and wishing failure upon 19 year old kids. Pathetic.

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                          You didn't even deny that you're eating brioche and wishing failure upon 19 year old kids. Pathetic.
                          Didn’t have time to write more as I needed to confer with my falconer and houndsman.

Comment

No, you're the GOAT (see Tom Brady, not someone blameworthy) at this. Haha. Well done.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

No, you're the GOAT (see Tom Brady, not someone blameworthy) at this. Haha. Well done.

Let us share the throne.

Comment

This last line deserves some credit. Well done.
                                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Working...
                                X