Page 33 of 45 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2020 Presidential Election Primary Thread

Quote Originally Posted by frank ryan View Post
    Let's go ahead and ignore Trump's cabinet members being or having ties with fascisits/white supremicists like Sebastian Gorka.
    What about Trump? Here?

This is an odious comparison. I will assume you are too young to have lived through or during any substantial part of the Cold War, but if you did, watching someone like Bernie Sanders cavort in the USSR and suggest that the USA should adopt some or many of its practices was tantamount to treason. More importantly for the upcoming election, it is concrete evidence of either shocking ignorance and duplicity, or of a single-minded devotion to a system that has proven, again and again, to be a failure and a disaster for persons subjected to it. No thanks.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Quote Originally Posted by creekster View Post
    What about Trump? Here?

This is an odious comparison. I will assume you are too young to have lived through or during any substantial part of the Cold War, but if you did, watching someone like Bernie Sanders cavort in the USSR and suggest that the USA should adopt some or many of its practices was tantamount to treason. More importantly for the upcoming election, it is concrete evidence of either shocking ignorance and duplicity, or of a single-minded devotion to a system that has proven, again and again, to be a failure and a disaster for persons subjected to it. No thanks.
    Why do you hate affordable housing?
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Quote Originally Posted by creekster View Post
    What about Trump? Here?

And yet, this is a thread about the candidates running for POTUS in 2020, so it makes sense to compare the candidates. Bernie has not committed treason by having different opinions on economics. Sorry, that’s absurd. Good lord.
    One day I will wake up and read a pleasant post from you.

EDIT: I remember the closing days of the Cold War and fears of a nuclear war.

Quote Originally Posted by All-American View Post
    So dumb. Doesn't she know we are a REPUBLIC, not a DEMOCRACY?
    We are both aren’t we? North Korea and China are also republics. Our democratic processes set us apart. We are not a pure democracy, we’re a democratic republic. Never understood resistance to the word democracy.

And yet, this is a thread about the candidates running for POTUS in 2020, so it makes sense to compare the candidates. Bernie has not committed treason by having different opinions on economics. Sorry, that’s absurd. Good lord.
    One day I will wake up and read a pleasant post from you.

EDIT: I remember the closing days of the Cold War and fears of a nuclear war.
    Sorry, anyone whose judgment is so bad in general or whose commitment tio the scoialist cuase was so firm that they delighted in spednign time, publicly and for purposes of political education, in the USSR is never someone I would vote for.

I didn't say his opinions on economics, themselves, were treasonous, but they are dumb and, if implemented, would be disastrous and are independently disqualifying in the presidential race.

Can you point me to some of your pleasant posts so I can get an idea of what you are looking for?
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Payback's a b*tch...

Ex-Clinton campaign aide fears Trump could 'weaponize the federal government' against next nominee

A former Clinton campaign aide said that he fears that President Trump could "weaponize" the federal government against the eventual 2020 Democratic nominee.

“Last time, he had the right-wing conspiracy media to boost his chants of 'lock her up,' but this time he's going to actually weaponize the federal government against our nominee,” Jesse Ferguson, a senior spokesman for former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton's 2016 presidential campaign, told Politico in an article published Friday.
    [...]
    https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...ral-government
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

One day I will wake up and read a pleasant post from you...
    This got a genuine laugh out loud from me. Well done.

LOL, Parody websites are getting more popular than the candidates' own websites...

https://joebiden.info

https://kamalaharris.info

http://joebiden.org

A parody website with embarrassing photos of Joe Biden is outranking his official campaign page on Google

• Users are reporting that the former vice president’s official 2020 campaign page is nowhere to be found on the first page of results for the search term “Joe Biden.”
    • Even worse for the Democratic front-runner: A realistic-looking parody site featuring images of Biden touching women and children appears to be doing quite well on Google and other major search engines, particularly for the search “Joe Biden website.”

Joe Biden’s presidential campaign is already sunk — at least on Google.

Users are reporting that the former vice president’s official 2020 campaign page is nowhere to be found on the first page of results for the search term “Joe Biden.”

Even worse for the Democratic front-runner: A realistic-looking parody site featuring images of Biden touching women and children appears to be doing quite well on Google and other major search engines, particularly for the search “Joe Biden website.”

“Joe Biden has a good feel for the American people and knows exactly what they really want deep down,” reads JoeBiden.info, the parody site. “He’s happy to open up and reveal himself to voters and will give a pounding to anybody who gets in his way!”
    [...]
    The internet snafu suggests the Biden campaign is having early difficulty with its digital operation. That could pose trouble for the 76-year-old as he competes in a field that has already proven to be savvy with new tools for online outreach and fundraising.

The problem has also emerged despite the Biden campaign’s prolific spending on Google.

An online tracker maintained by the progressive digital advertising firm ACRONYM shows the Biden campaign has spent more than $360,000 on Google platforms, racking up more spending on the site than all the other candidates in the crowded field except Sen. Bernie Sanders and Pete Buttigieg, the mayor of South Bend, Indiana.
    https://www.cnbc.com/2019/05/03/joe-...on-google.html

LOL, Biden spent $360K on google and his page ranking still sucks. What a big, old, white man, dummy.

In response to an inquiry from CNBC submitted through the parody website’s contact form, the person behind it wrote that they identify as “closest to a libertarian.” The person said they are an American citizen and that they have not been contacted by any candidate or organization about the website.
    American citizen? I was sure he was a Russian.

God bless those technolibertarians.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Faith crisis consultant SeattleUte's Avatar

Let's go ahead and ignore Trump's cabinet members being or having ties with fascisits/white supremicists like Sebastian Gorka.
    The discussion was about Sanders, not Trump. But your arguments would be more persuasive with integrity. Gorka was never in Trump’s cabinet, and while he is a weirdo and a controversial figure with a murky past, there’s scant evidence that he’s a “white supremacist”.

This is the left’s modus operandi now. If you challenge their dogma, they call you names like Hannity white supremacist. Everyone who rejects the radical left is evil in their eyes, even liberal icons like Alan Dershowitz and Howard Schultz.
    When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Oh no... tell me it ain't so, Joe:

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ted View Post
    Oh no... tell me it ain't so, Joe:
    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay

I would rather take a political risk in pursuit of peace, than to risk peace in pursuit of politics. --President Donald J. Trump

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump

You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Let's see if Trump gets saved from his own stupidity again. He dodged a major bullet last month when his advisers were able to keep him from completely shutting down the southern border which would have been a pretty severe shock on the economy.

Prices on a lot of goods are going to go up suddenly if these higher tariffs take effect on Friday:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/07/polit...ses/index.html

Also, here's another interesting article on what the effect of the tariffs have been so far. The gist of it is essentially that the fundamentals of the economy have been strong enough so far to absorb some of the negative effects of the tariffs. However, they have helped create an even larger trade deficit with China than we had before, as their purchasing of our products has dropped by almost twice the decrease in our purchasing theirs. Increasing the current 10% tariffs on Chinese goods to 25% which goes into effect Friday may not be as easily absorbed. Also, Trump has threatened to add tariffs on the remaining $325 billion in Chinese imports, which would then mean virtually everything coming from China would be taxed. And this latest round would mostly be applied to direct consumer products, which previous rounds have not targeted as much.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/wi..._theo_homepage

This becomes an election issue if some of Trump's base starts to be affected by rising prices without an increase in wages, or even worse, if the increased costs on businesses affected by the tariffs leads to job losses.
    Last edited by BlueK; 05-07-2019 at 08:26 AM.

Not good news for Bernie...

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Women love Drumpf the most apparently...

MORE WOMEN DONATED TO TRUMP CAMPAIGN IN FIRST QUARTER THAN ANY 2020 DEMOCRAT

More women donated to President Donald Trump’s reelection campaign than any of the Democratic 2020 presidential candidates, according to FEC data.

10,375 women have donated to Trump in the first quarter of 2019, more than double the nearest Democratic challenger. California Sen. Kamala Harris had the second highest number of female donors with 3,850.
    [...]
    Number of female donors by candidate (Q1 2019):

Donald Trump: 10,375

Kamala Harris: 3,850
    Bernie Sanders: 3,271
    Beto O’Rourke: 2,289
    Cory Booker: 2,020
    Pete Buttigieg: 1,335
    Elizabeth Warren: 1,330
    Amy Klobuchar: 1,321
    Andrew Yang: 964
    Kirsten Gillibrand: 960
    Julian Castro: 563
    Jay Inslee: 473
    John Delaney: 451
    John Hickenlooper: 362
    Tulsi Gabbard: 164
    [...]
    https://dailycaller.com/2019/05/07/w...campaign-2020/

I can't wait to see how Joe does on this list... Women love him.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ted View Post
    Women love Drumpf the most apparently...

https://dailycaller.com/2019/05/07/w...campaign-2020/

I can't wait to see how Joe does on this list... Women love him.

Shocking! That when there is one candidate on one side and dozens on the other that the single candidate gets the most number of donations.

Edit: Headline could have easily read. Twice as many women donate to the democrats than to the republicans.
    Last edited by beefytee; 05-08-2019 at 07:34 AM.

Nice to see Uncle Q keeps going to Tucker Carlson’s website for hard-hitting analysis.

This thread isn't the best fit, though I suppose if the Ohio legislature piles on the stupid the state could turn blue:

One-fifth of representatives in the House, all Republicans, have signed onto House Bill 182 sponsored by state Rep. John Becker (R-Union Twp.) that would prohibit most insurance companies from offering coverage for abortion services.

“The intent is to save lives and reduce the cost of employers and employees health care insurance," Becker says.

The bill would ban nontherapeutic abortions that include "drugs or devices used to prevent the implantation of a fertilized ovum.”

Becker says the bill also speaks to coverage of ectopic or tubal pregnancies where the fertilized egg attaches outside of the womb.

“Part of that treatment would be removing that embryo from the fallopian tube and reinserting it in the uterus so that is defined as not an abortion under this bill," Becker explains.

“That doesn’t exist in the realm of treatment for ectopic pregnancy," argues says Jaime Miracle, deputy director of NARAL Pro-Choice Ohio. "You can’t just re-implant. It’s not a medical thing."
    https://wosu2.drupal.publicbroadcast...rtion#stream/0

The oral contraceptive pill, as defined by the representative, can sometimes be an abortifacient. I'll give him points for creativity. I don't think anyone has ever promoted a culture of life by proposing reimplantation of ectopic pregnancies in the uterus. I presume the bill will allocate funding to medical research, since there is no current technology that can save an ectopic fetus.

We deserve our political class.

Quote Originally Posted by beefytee View Post
    Shocking! That when there is one candidate on one side and dozens on the other that the single candidate gets the most number of donations.

Edit: Headline could have easily read. Twice as many women donate to the democrats than to the republicans.
    Ouch.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Alabama to Ohio: hold my beer.

The measure would effectively ban most abortions at every stage of pregnancy and criminalize the procedure for doctors, who could be charged with a felony and face up to 99 years in prison for performing an abortion unless a woman’s health was at “serious” risk. On Thursday, in a maneuver that helped set off a chorus of shouts and screams on the Senate floor, some Republicans sought to abandon provisions that would have allowed exceptions to the abortion ban in cases of rape or incest.

The House has already passed a measure without such exceptions, and a Senate committee added them on Wednesday, stirring anger from some who thought they watered down the effort to ban abortion as broadly as possible and to force a new look at Roe v. Wade, the 1973 landmark case that legalized abortion up to the point when a fetus is viable outside the womb, usually about 24 weeks into a pregnancy. Although the Senate removed the exceptions on Thursday, the provision could be restored before a final vote.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/09/u...imes&smtyp=cur

Joe Biden wants Medicare for all Americans everyone!

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

South Carolina to Ohio and Alabama: Leroy Jenkins!!!!

South Carolina State Rep. Nancy Mace (R) said that weeks after sharing a personal story about being raped, she was attacked by her Republican colleague.

Mace, “gave the speech two weeks ago, successfully persuading the House to allow exceptions for rape and incest in a proposed 6-week ‘fetal heartbeat’ abortion ban. On Tuesday, she returned to her desk to find a card left there by Magnuson,” a report from The Charlotte Observer explained.

State Rep. Josiah Magnuson had distributed the card, produced by Personhood SC, which said: “In the case of conception due to rape it is a twisted logic that would kill the unborn child for the misdeed of the parent.”
    https://www.rawstory.com/2019/05/rep...a-rape-victim/

Do not invoke the name of Leroy Jenkins in a political context.
    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay

I would rather take a political risk in pursuit of peace, than to risk peace in pursuit of politics. --President Donald J. Trump

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump

You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Pat Robertson, voice of....reason in the abortion debate?!?

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

lol. What a clown.

23 and Me: the Democratic Primary!

Not really surprised it goes with what I've stated about Gabbard being a shit candidate and a pro-Kremlin/Authoritarian apologist.

Tulsi Gabbard’s Campaign Is Being Boosted by Putin Apologists
    The Hawaii congresswoman is quickly becoming the top candidate for Democrats who think the Russian leader is misunderstood.

Hawaii Rep. Tulsi Gabbard’s campaign for the Democratic presidential nomination is being underwritten by some of the nation’s leading Russophiles.

Donors to her campaign in the first quarter of the year included: Stephen F. Cohen (his wife is the publisher of The Nation), a Russian studies professor at New York University and prominent Kremlin sympathizer; Sharon Tennison, a vocal Putin supporter who nonetheless found herself detained by Russian authorities in 2016; and an employee of the Kremlin-backed broadcaster RT, who appears to have donated under the alias “Goofy Grapes.”

Gabbard is one of her party’s more Russia-friendly voices in an era of deep Democratic suspicion of the country over its efforts to tip the 2016 election in favor of President Donald Trump. Her financial support from prominent pro-Russian voices in the U.S. is a small portion of the total she’s raised. But it still illustrates the degree to which she deviates from her party’s mainstream on such a contentious and high-profile issue.

Data on Gabbard’s financial supporters only covers the first three months of the year. In that time, her campaign received just over $1,000 from Cohen, arguably the nation’s leading intellectual apologist for Russian president Vladimir Putin.

Tennison donated to Gabbard no fewer than five times, eventually reaching the per-cycle individual contribution limit in mid-March. Tennison and her group, the Center for Citizen Initiatives, have long worked to improve U.S.-Russia relations, in part by organizing junkets to the nation both before and after the fall of the Soviet Union. She’s also been an outspoken Putin supporter, dubbing him a “straightforward, reliable and exceptionally inventive man” in a column last year. Tennison wrote that column in spite of her detention in Russia two years earlier, when she was accused of attempting to covertly advance U.S. foreign policy interests in the country.

Gabbard also got a $1,000 contribution from “Goofy Grapes,” who listed his or her occupation as “comedian” and employer as Redacted Tonight, a current events comedy show on Russian state-backed broadcaster RT. That show’s host, comedian Lee Camp, told The Daily Beast that the person who made the donation “is no longer an active member of Redacted Tonight. And separately, it is company policy to not donate to political campaigns.”

Camp, for his part, routinely promotes the Russian government line on major world affairs, most notably the invasion of Ukraine, political unrest in Venezuela, and the Syrian civil war.

To the extent that those donors toe the Kremlin line on issues such as Syria, they’re more squarely in line with Gabbard’s own views than those of any other Democratic presidential candidate. As a member of Congress, she has personally met with Syrian President Bashar al-Assad and cast doubt on widely accepted reports that he deployed nerve gas weapons against his own people.

Gabbard has also been one of the few prominent Democrats in the country to downplay the findings of Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation into Russia’s meddling in the 2016 election.
    also speaking to her altright appeal:

She has made several appearances on The Joe Rogan Experience podcast, which, while being one of the most popular platforms on that medium, is a haven for Trump-supporting guests. Gabbard also is among the few Democrats who has a captive audience on Fox News, owed largely to her willingness to criticize Barack Obama, as well as her party’s planks on both Russia and foreign policy in general. Tucker Carlson, a primetime host on that network, has publicly defended her.

Though she has not courted their support, some prominent figures in the white nationalist community have flocked in Gabbard’s direction. David Duke, the former KKK leader, has heaped praise on her. And on several occasions, Richard Spencer, the avowed white supremacist, has tweeted favorably about her, including once again this week.
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/tulsi-...by-russophiles

A primary challenge to Amash in Michigan if successful is only going to serve to hand that district to the democrats. This could end up being the same thing that happened with the crazy senate primary in Arizona in 2018. Amash's district only voted 51% for Trump in 2016, but he beat his democrat opponent in that election with 59% of the vote.
    Last edited by BlueK; 05-20-2019 at 02:28 PM.

Ouch. I bet he wishes the worst pejorative against him was still "creepy porn lawyer." This dumb ass should have done the case low bono or pro bono since it's basically the reason anybody knows he's alive.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/22/polit...ent/index.html
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"