The 2020 Presidential Election Primary Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
    Let's go ahead and ignore Trump's cabinet members being or having ties with fascisits/white supremicists like Sebastian Gorka.
    What about Trump? Here?

This is an odious comparison. I will assume you are too young to have lived through or during any substantial part of the Cold War, but if you did, watching someone like Bernie Sanders cavort in the USSR and suggest that the USA should adopt some or many of its practices was tantamount to treason. More importantly for the upcoming election, it is concrete evidence of either shocking ignorance and duplicity, or of a single-minded devotion to a system that has proven, again and again, to be a failure and a disaster for persons subjected to it. No thanks.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
      What about Trump? Here?

This is an odious comparison. I will assume you are too young to have lived through or during any substantial part of the Cold War, but if you did, watching someone like Bernie Sanders cavort in the USSR and suggest that the USA should adopt some or many of its practices was tantamount to treason. More importantly for the upcoming election, it is concrete evidence of either shocking ignorance and duplicity, or of a single-minded devotion to a system that has proven, again and again, to be a failure and a disaster for persons subjected to it. No thanks.
      Why do you hate affordable housing?
      "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
      - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
        What about Trump? Here?

And yet, this is a thread about the candidates running for POTUS in 2020, so it makes sense to compare the candidates. Bernie has not committed treason by having different opinions on economics. Sorry, that’s absurd. Good lord.
        One day I will wake up and read a pleasant post from you.

EDIT: I remember the closing days of the Cold War and fears of a nuclear war.

Comment

• Originally posted by All-American View Post
          So dumb. Doesn't she know we are a REPUBLIC, not a DEMOCRACY?
          We are both aren’t we? North Korea and China are also republics. Our democratic processes set us apart. We are not a pure democracy, we’re a democratic republic. Never understood resistance to the word democracy.

Comment

And yet, this is a thread about the candidates running for POTUS in 2020, so it makes sense to compare the candidates. Bernie has not committed treason by having different opinions on economics. Sorry, that’s absurd. Good lord.
            One day I will wake up and read a pleasant post from you.

EDIT: I remember the closing days of the Cold War and fears of a nuclear war.
            Sorry, anyone whose judgment is so bad in general or whose commitment tio the scoialist cuase was so firm that they delighted in spednign time, publicly and for purposes of political education, in the USSR is never someone I would vote for.

I didn't say his opinions on economics, themselves, were treasonous, but they are dumb and, if implemented, would be disastrous and are independently disqualifying in the presidential race.

Can you point me to some of your pleasant posts so I can get an idea of what you are looking for?
            PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Payback's a b*tch...

Ex-Clinton campaign aide fears Trump could 'weaponize the federal government' against next nominee

A former Clinton campaign aide said that he fears that President Trump could "weaponize" the federal government against the eventual 2020 Democratic nominee.

“Last time, he had the right-wing conspiracy media to boost his chants of 'lock her up,' but this time he's going to actually weaponize the federal government against our nominee,” Jesse Ferguson, a senior spokesman for former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton's 2016 presidential campaign, told Politico in an article published Friday.
              [...]
              https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...ral-government
              "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
              "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
              "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

One day I will wake up and read a pleasant post from you...
                This got a genuine laugh out loud from me. Well done.

Comment

• LOL, Parody websites are getting more popular than the candidates' own websites...

https://joebiden.info

https://kamalaharris.info

http://joebiden.org

A parody website with embarrassing photos of Joe Biden is outranking his official campaign page on Google

• Users are reporting that the former vice president’s official 2020 campaign page is nowhere to be found on the first page of results for the search term “Joe Biden.”
                  • Even worse for the Democratic front-runner: A realistic-looking parody site featuring images of Biden touching women and children appears to be doing quite well on Google and other major search engines, particularly for the search “Joe Biden website.”

Joe Biden’s presidential campaign is already sunk — at least on Google.

Users are reporting that the former vice president’s official 2020 campaign page is nowhere to be found on the first page of results for the search term “Joe Biden.”

Even worse for the Democratic front-runner: A realistic-looking parody site featuring images of Biden touching women and children appears to be doing quite well on Google and other major search engines, particularly for the search “Joe Biden website.”

“Joe Biden has a good feel for the American people and knows exactly what they really want deep down,” reads JoeBiden.info, the parody site. “He’s happy to open up and reveal himself to voters and will give a pounding to anybody who gets in his way!”
                  [...]
                  The internet snafu suggests the Biden campaign is having early difficulty with its digital operation. That could pose trouble for the 76-year-old as he competes in a field that has already proven to be savvy with new tools for online outreach and fundraising.

The problem has also emerged despite the Biden campaign’s prolific spending on Google.

An online tracker maintained by the progressive digital advertising firm ACRONYM shows the Biden campaign has spent more than $360,000 on Google platforms, racking up more spending on the site than all the other candidates in the crowded field except Sen. Bernie Sanders and Pete Buttigieg, the mayor of South Bend, Indiana.
                  https://www.cnbc.com/2019/05/03/joe-...on-google.html

LOL, Biden spent $360K on google and his page ranking still sucks. What a big, old, white man, dummy.

In response to an inquiry from CNBC submitted through the parody website’s contact form, the person behind it wrote that they identify as “closest to a libertarian.” The person said they are an American citizen and that they have not been contacted by any candidate or organization about the website.
                  American citizen? I was sure he was a Russian.

God bless those technolibertarians.
                  "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                  GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Let's go ahead and ignore Trump's cabinet members being or having ties with fascisits/white supremicists like Sebastian Gorka.
                    The discussion was about Sanders, not Trump. But your arguments would be more persuasive with integrity. Gorka was never in Trump’s cabinet, and while he is a weirdo and a controversial figure with a murky past, there’s scant evidence that he’s a “white supremacist”.

This is the left’s modus operandi now. If you challenge their dogma, they call you names like Hannity white supremacist. Everyone who rejects the radical left is evil in their eyes, even liberal icons like Alan Dershowitz and Howard Schultz.
                    When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

• Oh no... tell me it ain't so, Joe:

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                        Oh no... tell me it ain't so, Joe:
                        You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                        Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                        You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• Let's see if Trump gets saved from his own stupidity again. He dodged a major bullet last month when his advisers were able to keep him from completely shutting down the southern border which would have been a pretty severe shock on the economy.

Prices on a lot of goods are going to go up suddenly if these higher tariffs take effect on Friday:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/07/polit...ses/index.html

Also, here's another interesting article on what the effect of the tariffs have been so far. The gist of it is essentially that the fundamentals of the economy have been strong enough so far to absorb some of the negative effects of the tariffs. However, they have helped create an even larger trade deficit with China than we had before, as their purchasing of our products has dropped by almost twice the decrease in our purchasing theirs. Increasing the current 10% tariffs on Chinese goods to 25% which goes into effect Friday may not be as easily absorbed. Also, Trump has threatened to add tariffs on the remaining $325 billion in Chinese imports, which would then mean virtually everything coming from China would be taxed. And this latest round would mostly be applied to direct consumer products, which previous rounds have not targeted as much.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/wi..._theo_homepage

This becomes an election issue if some of Trump's base starts to be affected by rising prices without an increase in wages, or even worse, if the increased costs on businesses affected by the tariffs leads to job losses.
                          Last edited by BlueK; 05-07-2019, 08:26 AM.

Comment

• Not good news for Bernie...

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Women love Drumpf the most apparently...

MORE WOMEN DONATED TO TRUMP CAMPAIGN IN FIRST QUARTER THAN ANY 2020 DEMOCRAT

More women donated to President Donald Trump’s reelection campaign than any of the Democratic 2020 presidential candidates, according to FEC data.

10,375 women have donated to Trump in the first quarter of 2019, more than double the nearest Democratic challenger. California Sen. Kamala Harris had the second highest number of female donors with 3,850.
                              [...]
                              Number of female donors by candidate (Q1 2019):

Donald Trump: 10,375

Kamala Harris: 3,850
                              Bernie Sanders: 3,271
                              Beto O’Rourke: 2,289
                              Cory Booker: 2,020
                              Pete Buttigieg: 1,335
                              Elizabeth Warren: 1,330
                              Amy Klobuchar: 1,321
                              Andrew Yang: 964
                              Kirsten Gillibrand: 960
                              Julian Castro: 563
                              Jay Inslee: 473
                              John Delaney: 451
                              John Hickenlooper: 362
                              Tulsi Gabbard: 164
                              [...]
                              https://dailycaller.com/2019/05/07/w...campaign-2020/

I can't wait to see how Joe does on this list... Women love him.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                                Women love Drumpf the most apparently...

https://dailycaller.com/2019/05/07/w...campaign-2020/

I can't wait to see how Joe does on this list... Women love him.

Shocking! That when there is one candidate on one side and dozens on the other that the single candidate gets the most number of donations.

Edit: Headline could have easily read. Twice as many women donate to the democrats than to the republicans.
                                Last edited by beefytee; 05-08-2019, 07:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X