No announcement yet.

The 2020 Presidential Election Primary Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool... maybe she can afford some new sweaters and a second black dress.

Or maybe she could get some hand-me-down $10,000 pantsuits from Hillary and have them altered about 5-10 sizes down.
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• So she isn’t going to release the tax returns? Makes me wonder what she’s hiding.
      "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• She was a Harvard Law professor? I would give anything to see her debate Dipshit Donald.
        "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
          She was a Harvard Law professor? I would give anything to see her debate Dipshit Donald.
          It would be entertaining for the small percentage of people that are law grads and other highly educated people. For the remaining 99% of the population, Donald would come off much better than you think. It’s the same mistake John Kerry made and why he lost to a dumb klutz like W.
          "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

She was a Harvard Law professor? I would give anything to see her debate Dipshit Donald.
            Where have you been? Did you also just learn she claims to be Native American?

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
            It would be entertaining for the small percentage of people that are law grads and other highly educated people. For the remaining 99% of the population, Donald would come off much better than you think. It’s the same mistake John Kerry made and why he lost to a dumb klutz like W.
            I think she would be destroyed by Trump. She would try to come across as the adult and would end up looking like an egghead. Trump would follow the cougjunkie model of argumentation and insult her right off the stage.
            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
              I think she would be destroyed by Trump. She would try to come across as the adult and would end up looking like an egghead. Trump would follow the cougjunkie model of argumentation and insult her right off the stage.
              Yes, he would eviscerate her. She is at her worst when she thinks she is being clever (and sadly, her acolytes don't understand this and prefer to make it a anti-woman issue).
              Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• I dunno. Admittedly I don't follow the whole thing that closely until the homestretch or I would have known/remembered Warren's background. But I have heard a clip or 2 of her with some pretty biting critiques of Trump that are a bit more clever and useful than calling someone 'Pocahontas.'
                "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

I dunno. Admittedly I don't follow the whole thing that closely until the homestretch or I would have known/remembered Warren's background. But I have heard a clip or 2 of her with some pretty biting critiques of Trump that are a bit more clever and useful than calling someone 'Pocahontas.'
                  Ever been in an argument with a 5 year-old? They just keep repeating the same thing, while you try to use logic, and they are convinced that they are winning.

That's how Warren and Trump would go. He would turn it into a playground name-calling match. She would try to inject logic at some point. He would return to the name calling and "oh yeah, well..." type remarks - and she would get flustered that her apparent arguments never made a dent in his facade as he gains momentum due to her frustration at his apparent inability to see that she made a good point he had no counterpoint to.

Remember who the voters are - they're looking for reality TV and Trump would give it to them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eddie View Post
                    Ever been in an argument with a 5 year-old? They just keep repeating the same thing, while you try to use logic, and they are convinced that they are winning.

That's how Warren and Trump would go. He would turn it into a playground name-calling match. She would try to inject logic at some point. He would return to the name calling and "oh yeah, well..." type remarks - and she would get flustered that her apparent arguments never made a dent in his facade as he gains momentum due to her frustration at his apparent inability to see that she made a good point he had no counterpoint to.

Remember who the voters are - they're looking for reality TV and Trump would give it to them.
                    Yes. She'd be playing three dimensional chess and he'd be playing one dimensional checkers with only four pieces.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                      Yes. She'd be playing three dimensional chess and he'd be playing one dimensional checkers with only four pieces.
                      And he would still win.
                      "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                      - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                        And he would still win.
                        Of course. Because the majority of the audience loves one dimensional checkers. It's much more exciting for them.

Plus, Warren reminds them of their least favorite school teacher.

Comment

• lol Part II

Memo from 1990s pollution case shows Elizabeth Warren in action as corporate consultant

The memo from then-Professor Elizabeth Warren was written on Harvard Law School letterhead, a symbol of gravitas for a scholar renowned as a champion for consumers victimized by predatory banks and other big businesses.

But on this occasion, Warren was not arguing on behalf of vulnerable families, nor was she offering the sort of stinging rebuke of corporate greed that would later define her political career. Rather, Warren was representing a large development company that was trying to avoid having to clean up a toxic waste site.

The memo, which Warren wrote in 1996, used legalistic and often dense language to argue that businesses faced the “risk of the unknown” from a growing threat of lawsuits, and that defended the company’s right to “maximize its returns to its unpaid creditors and to survive as an employer.”

“Environmental claims, product liability claims, and mass tort claims, for which we have currently only seen the tip of the iceberg, are multiplying against American businesses,” wrote Warren, who, according to her campaign, was arguing that a different company should bear the cleanup costs.

The eight-page memo, which has not previously been reported, offers a rare glimpse of Warren in action during her past work as a corporate consultant — one whose arguments were at times out of step with the liberal presidential campaign she is running today.

Warren’s compensation in the 1996 case was included in a summary released by her campaign late Sunday night showing that she had been paid about $2 million as a legal consultant during her time as a professor, most of it between 1995 and 2009.

But Warren, who has released 11 years of tax returns, has not disclosed her tax records from most of that time period.
                          She has been so strident about the evil of big business in our lives, I don't see how she survives this. She will still need to release those tax returns. There is a reason she hasn't done it so far.

Bye bye Sen Warren.

Klobuchar inching ever closer and closer to the nomination!

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                            She has been so strident about the evil of big business in our lives, I don't see how she survives this. She will still need to release those tax returns. There is a reason she hasn't done it so far.
                            I don't see any actual facts in the stuff that you've quoted to lead me to believe the company that she represented was evil. Somebody is jumping to big conclusions here.

And the two million fee adds up to less than $150,000 a year. Not at all unreasonable.

Comment

• LOL... The Dem candidates suck so bad that Hillary beats them in the Harvard-Harris poll and she isn't even running:

In other words, the voters are saying "none of the above".
                              "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                              "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                              "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                                LOL... The Dem candidates suck so bad that Hillary beats them in the Harvard-Harris poll and she isn't even running:

In other words, the voters are saying "none of the above".
                                If she would win, I hope she gets in the race.

Comment

Working...
                                X