The 2020 Presidential Election Primary Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Yeah but you would have to live in can ‘o duh. Hard pass.
    My brother went on a mission in Canada. Back then, they would riff on the national anthem by singing "Oh Canaduh. We emphasize the duh!"

I chuckled the first couple of times I heard it. But to be completely open, I'd say there's a 50/50 chance I move back up there. I'll take Trudeau's bromides and good looks any day over Trump.
    "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
    "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
    - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
      My brother went on a mission in Canada. Back then, they would riff on the national anthem by singing "Oh Canaduh. We emphasize the duh!"

I chuckled the first couple of times I heard it. But to be completely open, I'd say there's a 50/50 chance I move back up there. I'll take Trudeau's bromides and good looks any day over Trump.
      Prime Minister Zoolander? No thanks.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Your wife is Canadian, right? There's the 50%.
        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Living in Montreal during the summer is magical, high taxes notwithstanding. Living in Montreal during the winter almost makes the summer not worth it. Almost.
          I didn’t mind the winters. Tracting in Sorels was more comfy than tracting in a suit in the summer. Plus, hockey on P days
          "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

• Originally posted by hostile View Post
            I didn’t mind the winters. Tracting in Sorels was more comfy than tracting in a suit in the summer. Plus, hockey on P days
            You're freaking crazy. Loved my mission, hated the winters. Almost every night, as I trudged back to our apartment after having people refuse to open their sealed-closed-for-the-winter-front doors all evening long in subzero temperatures outside of Québec city, i used to wonder who was the first guy who brought his family here and didn't leave after the first winter? Rule of thumb: never choose to live where people need to wrap their car radiators in cardboard and blankets to stop them from freezing WHILE THE CAR IS BEING USED.
            PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
              Your wife is Canadian, right? There's the 50%.
              Yep. Maybe I should bump that up to 60/40. Have you ever spent time on Vancouver Island?

Originally posted by hostile View Post
              The worst Canadian winter I ever experienced was my first, in Calgary. It was minus 35 Celsius. Brutal. Montreal never got that bad. But every once in a while the winds made winter pretty miserable.
              "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
              "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
              - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
                You're freaking crazy. Loved my mission, hated the winters. Almost every night, as I trudged back to our apartment after having people refuse to open their sealed-closed-for-the-winter-front doors all evening long in subzero temperatures outside of Québec city, i used to wonder who was the first guy who brought his family here and didn't leave after the first winter? Rule of thumb: never choose to live where people need to wrap their car radiators in cardboard and blankets to stop them from freezing WHILE THE CAR IS BEING USED.
                Simple answer: Canadians.
                Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Ooh, Quebec City in winter was cold. MP said we could stay in if the windchill got below -40.
                  "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

• Cory Booker is officially in!!
                    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                      Cory Booker is officially in!!
                      Is that the 61st or 62nd Dem to declare? I'm losing track.
                      Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                        Cory Booker is officially in!!
                        Spartacus!

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
                          Spartacus!
                          "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                          "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Growing up in Western Canada, Quebec was every boy's last place they wanted to be called on a mission.

I'm guessing that winters are much worse for missionaries than most people as they spend much more time outside and travelling around neighborhoods.

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                              Uncle Ted Video
                              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• This is very well don

"Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Working...
                                X