2016 NFL Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
    Always nice to see Flacco and the ratbirds lose, especially when it gives the Steelers sole possession of 1st in the north

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
      I get the Brady hate. But man, what a great quarterback. It cannot be denied.
      By the end of this year, Brady will be 10,000 yards 80 TDs behind Manning. He will have played two fewer seasons than Manning, though that's mitigated somewhat by the fact that Manning didn't start all of last year (but Brady was suspended at the beginning of this year).

Brady doesn't seem to be wearing down just yet, but age hit Manning like a ton of bricks by the end of the 2014 season.

Of course, Brady has four Super Bowls and has thrown far fewer interceptions than Manning, literally 100 fewer so far. Brady has a chance to win a 5th Super Bowl, where he'll pass Montana and Bradshaw, and he has a chance to pass Manning on yards and TDs, though he'll probably need more games to do it than Manning played. He's not passing for 5000 yards and 40 TDs each of the next two years, at least probably not.
      Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

I'm wondering if the same thing is happening currently to Drew Brees as happened to Manning.
        Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

Comment

Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
          By the end of this year, Brady will be 10,000 yards 80 TDs behind Manning. He will have played two fewer seasons than Manning, though that's mitigated somewhat by the fact that Manning didn't start all of last year (but Brady was suspended at the beginning of this year).

Brady doesn't seem to be wearing down just yet, but age hit Manning like a ton of bricks by the end of the 2014 season.

Of course, Brady has four Super Bowls and has thrown far fewer interceptions than Manning, literally 100 fewer so far. Brady has a chance to win a 5th Super Bowl, where he'll pass Montana and Bradshaw, and he has a chance to pass Manning on yards and TDs, though he'll probably need more games to do it than Manning played. He's not passing for 5000 yards and 40 TDs each of the next two years, at least probably not.
          I don't think he's going to reach Manning's TD and yard records. He just doesn't have the consistent targets Manning had, especially this year with Gronk and Amendola out. And at 39, it is never safe to bet on his health to last for a couple of years. He still looks great no doubt, especially yesterday's game. But it just takes one freak accident and a prolonged rehab to get him back on the field. I think he is playing on borrowed time and he senses it.
          "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
          "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
          - SeattleUte

Comment

Brock Osweiler has been benched by the Texans after 2 INTs.

So smart of Denver not to pay him.

Comment

Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
              Brock Osweiler has been benched by the Texans after 2 INTs.

So smart of Denver not to pay him.
              No kidding. It isn't like the league didn't see the same thing happen with Matt Cassel.
              "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
              "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
              - SeattleUte

Comment

Antonio effin' Brown!!

MJ let me watch the game today.
                "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                  Antonio effin' Brown!!

MJ let me watch the game today.
                  Bump. And add to that Le'Veon Bell, and Big Ben. If they can stay healthy, I like our chances.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Good games this weekendand since I don't have a dog in this fight, my favorite part was watching KVN earhole Brock Osweiler.
                      "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

KVN forces a fumble that NE turns into a TD a few plays later.

I'm happy for him -- great to go to an organization that believes in him and is giving him a chance to show what he can do.

Comment

IMG_7439.jpg
                          - SeattleUte

Comment

Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
                            KVN forces a fumble that NE turns into a TD a few plays later.

I'm happy for him -- great to go to an organization that believes in him and is giving him a chance to show what he can do.
                            It was weird watching him play middle linebacker.

I am glad he is getting a chance on a good team.

Comment

#NotMySuperBowl

"If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                              "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                              "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                              X