Planet design

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Planet design

This thread is for serious discussion from ACTIVE LDS so maybe the nonbelievers can respect that.

If we end up do getting to be Gods and with our own planets/galaxies what features would you consider implementing? I've given thought to the following:

Expanding church sports to include Football.

Making the planet flat (just for fun).

Getting rid of math.

Having the sky be green and the grass blue.

Making black as a rainbow color and getting rid of red.

Naming my world's Satan as Chris Hill or Kyle Whittingham to memorialize an enemy (also Satan would get a last name in my world).

Make it widely known who I let live forever so people could keep trying to kill them and it wouldn't work (Kill the 3 Nephites would be an incredible TV spectacle).

I'd play around with gravity a bit. Like make it more powerful in the summer and less so in the winter to encourage people to get out more when it's cold.

Other thoughts?

In my world, mosquitoes will suck on plants instead of animals.

My wife has a couple ideas that she has shared as well - having to do with some changes that revolve around procreation. But I figure I'll let her deal with those things as I don't want to think about them too much.

And I'm going to care about sports. So I'm considering the ramifications of the team playing for the university that represents my organization on earth winning the national championship. In every sport. Every year.

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
      This thread is for serious discussion from ACTIVE LDS so maybe the nonbelievers can respect that.

If we end up do getting to be Gods and with our own planets/galaxies what features would you consider implementing? I've given thought to the following:

Expanding church sports to include Football.

Making the planet flat (just for fun).

Getting rid of math.

Having the sky be green and the grass blue.

Making black as a rainbow color and getting rid of red.

Naming my world's Satan as Chris Hill or Kyle Whittingham to memorialize an enemy (also Satan would get a last name in my world).

Make it widely known who I let live forever so people could keep trying to kill them and it wouldn't work (Kill the 3 Nephites would be an incredible TV spectacle).

I'd play around with gravity a bit. Like make it more powerful in the summer and less so in the winter to encourage people to get out more when it's cold.

Other thoughts?
      You want a serious discussion, but then talk about flat planets with changing gravity! God has to work within the confines of certain laws too. I believe that gravity is one of those.
      "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Sullyute View Post
        You want a serious discussion, but then talk about flat planets with changing gravity! God has to work within the confines of certain laws too. I believe that gravity is one of those.
        Putting limits on God? Seems antithetical to the parameters of this thread. Very disappointing. Typical Ute move.
        "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
        - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Before I respond to this please let me know if you're active lds.

Comment

As long as I'm excluded let me simply suggest to myself that it be square...like The Borg.

On my square planet, hockey and baseball would be fun activities, not professional sports.

Oh, and all women would have Total Recall malformations.
            "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

Originally posted by Pelado View Post
              Putting limits on God? Seems antithetical to the parameters of this thread. Very disappointing. Typical Ute move.
              If you have read "the meaning of the atonement" by cleon skousen then you would know that even God has laws that he has to obey or he ceases to be God. The law of justice being one of those.
              "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie View Post
                My wife has a couple ideas that she has shared as well - having to do with some changes that revolve around procreation. But I figure I'll let her deal with those things as I don't want to think about them too much.
                i'm not sure she needs a new world to get what she needs
                Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Instead of one continent ( like North America) 3000 miles across I would make 10 continents 300 miles across to crate more beaches and I would do this with every continent. Narrow strips of land and ocean across the whole globe. The high would be 80 degrees and the low 65 degrees with a very light rain in the afternoon everywhere.

Comment

Sad that I can't play

But if there's any chance one of RCV's worlds is designed for celestial kingdom flunkees, I'd love to inhabit his.
                    "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                    "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                    - SeattleUte

Comment

Out or respect for for YOhio, I will not participate in this discussion. I am considering starting an apostates planet building thread.
                      As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                      --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
                        Out or respect for for YOhio, I will not participate in this discussion. I am considering starting an apostates planet building thread.
                        No need - we are building planets for you too.
                        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
                          No need - we are building planets for you too.
                          I doubt the planet that you will build for me will have the varieties and quantities of hops that I require. Please refrain from building a planet for me, I won't accept it.
                          As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                          --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
                            I doubt the planet that you will build for me will have the varieties and quantities of hops that I require. Please refrain from building a planet for me, I won't accept it.
                            Won't accept it.
                            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

If you have read "the meaning of the atonement" by cleon skousen then you would know that even God has laws that he has to obey or he ceases to be God. The law of justice being one of those.
                              When did cleon become the authority on God?
                              "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                              - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Working...
                              X