Thread: BYU Ultimate Frisbee

Default BYU Ultimate Frisbee

I looked for a few hours but couldn't find a relevant thread for the BYU Men's #16 ranked UF team. Is there one that I am missing? Mods feel free to combine.

Anyway, can you believe what is happening to the men proudly wearing the Royal Blue and Lilly White? http://www.sltrib.com/news/3729966-1...e-frisbee-team
    Last edited by Applejack; 04-01-2016 at 11:43 AM.

I used to play ultimate on Friday nights when I was a freshman. We would play between Merrill and Budge halls. Applejack, you were there weren't you?
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

I used to love to play ultimate. I even took a class during grad school. The final was in Reser Stadium. That was a lot of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    I used to play ultimate on Friday nights when I was a freshman. We would play between Merrill and Budge halls. Applejack, you were there weren't you?
    I don't think so, no. I do enjoy the occasional game of ultimate, but I really dislike buildings with fat-sounding names.

Great article. Thanks, AppleJack!
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Great article. Thanks, AppleJack!
    Agreed. I also checked and Utah is ranked 46, so not so shabby Utes! Well done!

Quote Originally Posted by Clark Addison View Post
    Agreed. I also checked and Utah is ranked 46, so not so shabby Utes! Well done!
    Those rankings are bogus. Have you looked at Massey's ranking? That has us a lot higher and it considers things like MOV, VORP, and MSRP.

Semper infra dignitatem PaloAltoCougar's Avatar

Ted Cruz needs to get on this Sunday play thing. If he'll stand by that clerk in Kentucky, surely he'll do so for our brave Ultimate Frisbee lads. Then Trump can jump in, citing one of his favorite scriptures, and out-Cruz Cruz in his support for our boys.

2 of my nephews are on the team.

This is like the BYU rugby team in the past. They were often the best team but didn't participate in the tournament because of Sunday play. So most of those Cal championships deserve an asterisk because BYU wasn't competing. Since they changed the tourney format to avoid Sunday play, BYU has dominated.
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle

Quote Originally Posted by Surfah View Post
    This is like the BYU rugby team in the past. They were often the best team but didn't participate in the tournament because of Sunday play. So most of those Cal championships deserve an asterisk because BYU wasn't competing. Since they changed the tourney format to avoid Sunday play, BYU has dominated.
    Well, other than the fact that this is a bunch of skinny dudes tossing a disc around....

Quote Originally Posted by LiveCoug View Post
    Well, other than the fact that this is a bunch of skinny dudes tossing a disc around....
    I agree with Surfah: there is no difference between frisbee and rugby. Including religious bigotry!

Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    I agree with Surfah: there is no difference between frisbee and rugby. Including religious bigotry!
    You'd say this after BYU smoked Utah in rugby this evening.
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle

Quote Originally Posted by Surfah View Post
    You'd say this after BYU smoked Utah in rugby this evening.
    Oh great my weekend is ruined again.

What's next, did byu beat the Utes in Quidditch?
    The crux of what has traumatized us about CUF/CG is that we thought they were our friends. And their identity as BYU fans turned out to be the most important thing to them. What empty lives! What a damning indictment of the LDS Church!
    --SeattleUte

He who drinks beer sleeps well. He who sleeps well cannot sin. He who does not sin goes to heaven. The logic is impeccable.
    --Charles W. Bamforth, Ph.D.

Quote Originally Posted by mpfunk View Post
    Oh great my weekend is ruined again.

What's next, did byu beat the Utes in Quidditch?
    Do the Utes even play rugby? It is sort of a tough sport and we know how touchy and sensitive the Utah Man can be.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

It's Ultimate
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Quote Originally Posted by Moliere View Post
    It's Ultimate
    Frisbee

Quote Originally Posted by creekster View Post
    Do the Utes even play rugby? It is sort of a tough sport and we know how touchy and sensitive the Utah Man can be.
    Sure, they play.

Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Quote Originally Posted by myboynoah View Post
    Sure, they play.

So that's what it looks like when BYU is ahead of Utah. Weird. The score looks photoshopped.

So that's what it looks like when BYU is ahead of Utah. Weird. The score looks photoshopped.
    You need to watch more rugby and ultimate frisbee.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

But you have to admit, the Utah player getting roughed up by a byu player adds some authenticity, right?
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

You need to watch more rugby and ultimate frisbee.
    Don't forget Women's Fastpitch softbalL!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    But you have to admit, the Utah player getting roughed up by a byu player adds some authenticity, right?
    Yes, painfully authentic. I hope that is the last time we schedule you thugs.

And baseball!

And baseball!
    And women's basketball!

Yes, painfully authentic. I hope that is the last time we schedule you thugs.
    Here they are celebrating an injury. Thug Mormons indeed.
    The crux of what has traumatized us about CUF/CG is that we thought they were our friends. And their identity as BYU fans turned out to be the most important thing to them. What empty lives! What a damning indictment of the LDS Church!
    --SeattleUte

He who drinks beer sleeps well. He who sleeps well cannot sin. He who does not sin goes to heaven. The logic is impeccable.
    --Charles W. Bamforth, Ph.D.

Quote Originally Posted by mpfunk View Post
    Here they are celebrating an injury. Thug Mormons indeed.
    There's a whole website dedicated to that.

And women's volleyball!

There's a whole website dedicated to that.

And women's volleyball!
    There is an entire website about women's vbb? Unlikely.