BYU Ultimate Frisbee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BYU Ultimate Frisbee

I looked for a few hours but couldn't find a relevant thread for the BYU Men's #16 ranked UF team. Is there one that I am missing? Mods feel free to combine.

Anyway, can you believe what is happening to the men proudly wearing the Royal Blue and Lilly White? http://www.sltrib.com/news/3729966-1...e-frisbee-team
    Last edited by Applejack; 04-01-2016, 11:43 AM.

I used to play ultimate on Friday nights when I was a freshman. We would play between Merrill and Budge halls. Applejack, you were there weren't you?
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

I used to love to play ultimate. I even took a class during grad school. The final was in Reser Stadium. That was a lot of fun.

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
        I used to play ultimate on Friday nights when I was a freshman. We would play between Merrill and Budge halls. Applejack, you were there weren't you?
        I don't think so, no. I do enjoy the occasional game of ultimate, but I really dislike buildings with fat-sounding names.

Comment

Great article. Thanks, AppleJack!
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
            Great article. Thanks, AppleJack!
            Agreed. I also checked and Utah is ranked 46, so not so shabby Utes! Well done!

Comment

Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post
              Agreed. I also checked and Utah is ranked 46, so not so shabby Utes! Well done!
              Those rankings are bogus. Have you looked at Massey's ranking? That has us a lot higher and it considers things like MOV, VORP, and MSRP.

Comment

Ted Cruz needs to get on this Sunday play thing. If he'll stand by that clerk in Kentucky, surely he'll do so for our brave Ultimate Frisbee lads. Then Trump can jump in, citing one of his favorite scriptures, and out-Cruz Cruz in his support for our boys.

Comment

2 of my nephews are on the team.

Comment

This is like the BYU rugby team in the past. They were often the best team but didn't participate in the tournament because of Sunday play. So most of those Cal championships deserve an asterisk because BYU wasn't competing. Since they changed the tourney format to avoid Sunday play, BYU has dominated.
                    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                    -Turtle
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                      This is like the BYU rugby team in the past. They were often the best team but didn't participate in the tournament because of Sunday play. So most of those Cal championships deserve an asterisk because BYU wasn't competing. Since they changed the tourney format to avoid Sunday play, BYU has dominated.
                      Well, other than the fact that this is a bunch of skinny dudes tossing a disc around....

Comment

Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                        Well, other than the fact that this is a bunch of skinny dudes tossing a disc around....
                        I agree with Surfah: there is no difference between frisbee and rugby. Including religious bigotry!

Comment

Originally posted by Applejack View Post
                          I agree with Surfah: there is no difference between frisbee and rugby. Including religious bigotry!
                          You'd say this after BYU smoked Utah in rugby this evening.
                          "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                          -Turtle
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                            You'd say this after BYU smoked Utah in rugby this evening.
                            Oh great my weekend is ruined again.

What's next, did byu beat the Utes in Quidditch?
                            As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                            --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
                              Oh great my weekend is ruined again.

What's next, did byu beat the Utes in Quidditch?
                              Do the Utes even play rugby? It is sort of a tough sport and we know how touchy and sensitive the Utah Man can be.
                              PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Working...
                              X