No announcement yet.

Should they stay or should they go: Brexit 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leave opens a 300,000 vote lead (about 2.5 percentage points at this stage). Sky commentators saying turnout for reliable remain areas was lower than the leave areas, leading to remain running behind at the moment when they were expected to be edging ahead. Drama!

Comment

Liz Hurley came out in support of the Leave side. That's enough to sway my non-existent vote
      Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
        Liz Hurley came out in support of the Leave side. That's enough to sway my non-existent vote
        isn't she like 60
        Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Markets starting to freak out. DOW futures down over 500 points. The pound down a full 15 cents against the dollar.

Comment

Friggin' Limeys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
              isn't she like 60
              No, 50, but I still like to think of her when she was in her 30s.
              Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

Being up 750k votes is a pretty big margin. That's a lot of votes for the Remain side to gain with the number of votes that still need to be counted.

Comment

All UK media outlets calling it for Leave now. I didn't think this would actually happen.

Comment

The lead is increasing.
                    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

What's next? I assume Scotland is going independent. Wales probably stays. Northern Ireland?

Comment

Originally posted by USUC View Post
                        What's next? I assume Scotland is going independent. Wales probably stays. Northern Ireland?
                        I read that recent polling said Scots still weren't in favor of independence even if Leave won. Who knows at this point though.

Alright you financial wizzards, what bargains are going to be available tomorrow?

Comment

Mayhem. The pound is down 11% against the dollar. The Nikkei is down 8% and tripping breakers.
                          "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

Britain leaves. Good for Britain. Good for US.
                            "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                              I read that recent polling said Scots still weren't in favor of independence even if Leave won. Who knows at this point though.

Alright you financial wizzards, what bargains are going to be available tomorrow?
                              I'm no wizard, but I kind of wish I would have gone short on crude, at least for a week or so contract. The markets are just freaking out because the unexpected happened. Give it a week and everything will be settled down and back to normal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                                i bet you could get some "united kingdom: eu champions 2017" hats and t shirts pretty cheap
                                Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Working...
                                X