No announcement yet.

Should they stay or should they go: Brexit 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a widget on my phone that shows the current US/UK exchange rate. It's interesting to watch it go down. Currently trading at 1.2165.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
      I have a widget on my phone that shows the current US/UK exchange rate. It's interesting to watch it go down. Currently trading at 1.2165.
      Wow. I recall pre-brexit it was 1.56.
      "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
        Wow. I recall pre-brexit it was 1.56.
        When we visited last May, it was 1.44. Not sure the high and low in the last year, but the drop has been dramatic. A week or two ago, it dropped 5 cents or so in one day.

Comment

• http://www.wsj.com/articles/belgium-...ada-1477316497

LOL - The entire EU/Canada trade agreement is being blocked by the crazy Walloonians in Belgium because they are worried about their beef and pork:

Walloon lawmakers worry the deal could harm the region’s beef and pork farmers and pose a risk to environmental and labor standards.
          The EU needs 100% member state approval to implement the trade agreement. Whatever your position on the Brexit, it's hard to deny that the EU has some serious dysfunctions.

Comment

• Moz is a fan.

Europe and Britain continue to thrash through the fallout from the British public's decision to leave the EU four months ago, but as far as Morrissey's concerned, the results were "magnificent".
            "The British political class has never quite been so hopeless, but the same can be said for the USA. What has happened is that news media can no longer attach any nobility to old-style politics because although politicians do not and cannot change, the people the world over have changed. What could be more grotesquely stupid than the Clinton-Trump coverage? As for Brexit, the result was magnificent, but it is not accepted by the BBC or Sky News because they object to a public that cannot be hypnotised by BBC or Sky nonsense. These news teams are exactly the same as Fox and CNN in that they all depend on public stupidity in order to create their own myth of reality. Watch them at your peril!"
            It's not the first time Morrissey has voiced anti-EU sentiment or railed against the media. In August he told Israeli website Walla! that the BBC had “persistently denigrated” Leave supporters in the wake of the referendum, a claim that the corporation denied.
            http://www.telegraph.co.uk/music/new...s-magnificent/

Comment

• The High Court has ruled that the Government does not have power to trigger Article 50 without parliamentary approval and a vote from MPs.

Campaigners have won their battle over Theresa May's decision to use the royal prerogative in her Brexit strategy to start the process of leaving the European Union.

David Davis, the Secretary of State for leaving the EU, has said the judgement at the Courts today will require legislation to be passed by Parliament if the Government's appeal to the Supreme Court fails.
              This morning the Lord Chief Justice ruled that the government's arguments are "contrary to fundamental constitutional principles of the sovereignty of parliament".

Adding: "The court does not accept the argument put forward by the government. There is nothing in the text of the 1972 Act to support it."

Gina Miller, the anti-Brexit campaigner who is leading the campaign against the government, has been accused by the Attorney General of attempting to subvert the democratic will of the British people.
              http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...sa-mays-decis/

Comment

• The Pound jumped up a couple cents to $1.2461 today.

Comment

• I didn't think they would actually do it... Daily Mail front pages when they joined (1973) and when they brexited:

cwdubioxoaoy.jpg
                  "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                  "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                  "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                  GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• That was very well done, and I loved the conclusion.

Comment

• Love it. The Brits know how to politic.
                        "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                        "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                        - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                          That was very well done, and I loved the conclusion.
                          That was an awesome ending.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
                            That was an awesome ending.
                            I'm personally offended by titillating nudity. Posing on a chaise... is no place for a respected President.

Shame - Shame - Shame - Shame -

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                            -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

• Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
                              I'm personally offended by titillating nudity. Posing on a chaise... is no place for a respected President.

Shame - Shame - Shame - Shame -

Comment

• "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                                "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                                - SeattleUte

Comment

Working...
                                X