Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

#boohoos. The thread for stupid crap about Bronco Mendenhall and co.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm grateful for Bronco's contributions to BYU, but I am glad he moved on. I don't feel a need to follow him or talk about him anymore, but I understand why you created this thread, JL. May it rarely get bumped.

Comment

Long Live Bronco Mendenhall!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
        I find the details of this huge series between Virginia and ODU to be very intriguing. I wouldn't have known about it if not for this thread. I say keep the important UVA news in this thread.
        That seals the deal.
        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Why the curse words. Virginia hasn't done anything to offend BYU . We hired your coach who chose to leave and its obvious to all that he has been looking for another opportunity for some time. Get over it m8 ....Virginia respects BYU and has enjoyed the competition between the two Universities.

GoHoos

Comment

Originally posted by DiyYHoo View Post
            Why the curse words. Virginia hasn't done anything to offend BYU . We hired your coach who chose to leave and its obvious to all that he has been looking for another opportunity for some time. Get over it m8 ....Virginia respects BYU and has enjoyed the competition between the two Universities.

GoHoos
            I don't think there is any direct angst toward UVA (some feel it was a slap in the face that a BYU coach would leave BYU's program to go to UVA but I don't think anyone is mad at UVA for pursuing Bronco). Many in BYU's fan base were tired of Bronco and were happy to see him go. Get ready man, Bronco will do some nice things for UVA and initially you will be pretty happy with him. He will seem magnanimous and it will seem like a great marriage at first, but wait until something doesn't go Bronco's or UVA's way and Bronco feels the slightest heat for any such occurrence. Then you will start to see the quirkiness of Bronco Mendenhall and it will start to grind on many UVA fans.

Bronco is a great defensive coordinator/coach. Bronco is a solid head coach. Bronco is terrible at PR.

Comment

GoHoos
              Don't mind YOhio. He lives in Dayton, so he gets a long leash 'round these parts.
              Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

GoHoos

#hoocares
                Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by imanihonjin View Post
                  I don't think there is any direct angst toward UVA (some feel it was a slap in the face that a BYU coach would leave BYU's program to go to UVA but I don't think anyone is mad at UVA for pursuing Bronco). Many in BYU's fan base were tired of Bronco and were happy to see him go. Get ready man, Bronco will do some nice things for UVA and initially you will be pretty happy with him. He will seem magnanimous and it will seem like a great marriage at first, but wait until something doesn't go Bronco's or UVA's way and Bronco feels the slightest heat for any such occurrence. Then you will start to see the quirkiness of Bronco Mendenhall and it will start to grind on many UVA fans.

Bronco is a great defensive coordinator/coach. Bronco is a solid head coach. Bronco is terrible at PR.
                  It was a good time for Bronco to leave. I hope the old BYU staff is successful at uva. I just don't care to talk about it. Like DH says.
                  Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                    It was a good time for Bronco to leave. I hope the old BYU staff is successful at uva. I just don't care to talk about it. Like DH says.
                    This is the correct answer.

Bronco was BYU's coach. Now he isn't. Some posters kept including UVA news in other threads related to BYU due to Bronco's past relationship with BYU. But he's not here anymore. So he no longer has any bearing on BYU. And we don't need UVA recruiting or coaching news cluttering threads related to BYU. Which is why this thread was created. Those who still want to hear about Bronco and UVA can come here. Those who don't, won't see it in the other threads.

BTW - looks like SI gives UVA an A- grade for the new coach hire. Congrats!

I'm guessing that Bronco will generally elevate your school above the norm you've been experiencing. But he has struggled in Provo to get the Cougars to the next level. And I suspect you'll see the same. Better and more consistent teams, but they'll have a hard time challenging for conference championships.

http://www.si.com/college-football/2...rt-clay-helton

Comment

I heart Bronco

Be of good cheer. You guys are getting a good coach.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                        I heart Bronco

Be of good cheer. You guys are getting a good coach.
                        Same.
                        "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

-----------------------
                          Last edited by MartyFunkhouser; 09-13-2016, 10:39 AM.
                          As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                          --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
                            What is the next level that BYU fans are expecting?
                            This can't be a serious question. You've met BYU fans, right? You're one of the people telling them that their expectations are too high.

We've won a national championship, baby! Bronco kept telling us his goal was to win another.

When the coach talks about it being the goal, fans are bound to raise expectations. (Not all fans...but you know this.)

Heck - I remember when Shawn Bradley was quoted as saying that he was coming to BYU and his goal was to take the Cougars further than they'd ever been in the NCAA tournament. Half the BYU fans I know were absolutely sure this meant they were headed to the final 4 when he got home from his mission.

Fans are fans. I suspect UVA has fans who believe that with the right coach they'll be competing for conference championships and playoff game inclusion too.
                            Last edited by Eddie; 02-12-2016, 11:10 AM.

Comment

Let me follow up by saying I like Bronco. I would've been happy to keep him and agree with those saying UVA is getting a good coach.

In my original post, I didn't state the BYU fans "expect" to be able to reach a next level. But we both know there are many who do.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie View Post
                                This can't be a serious question. You've met BYU fans, right? Your one of the people telling them that their expectations are too high.

We've won a national championship, baby! Bronco kept telling us his goal was to win another.

When the coach talks about it being the goal, fans are bound to raise expectations. (Not all fans...but you know this.)

Heck - I remember when Shawn Bradley was quoted as saying that he was coming to BYU and his goal was to take the Cougars further than they'd ever been in the NCAA tournament. Half the BYU fans I know were absolutely sure this meant they were headed to the final 4 when he got home from his mission.

Fans are fans. I suspect UVA has fans who believe that with the right coach they'll be competing for conference championships and playoff game inclusion too.
                                He is terrible at trolling.

And shame on you for biting.
                                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Working...
                                X