Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intro

How did you find CS?

I lurked for a long while on cougarguard, then cuf, and now here, figured I would stop being creepy and actually introduce myself.

How did you choose your moniker?

That's a good question. It means "Rocketman" in German. lol

What do you do (other than read CS)?

I'm a psychologist by trade. I am into backpacking, hiking, outdoors stuff; I like to read good books; I like to eat, mostly meat and cheese; I waste time on the internet; play the occasional video game.

How many time zones have you lived in?

2. Mtn and Pac

What are your sports loyalties?

BYU football comes first. NFL- Raiders NBA- Jazz MLB- Braves EPL- Liverpool

What do you like about CS?

I like the quality and variety of emoji available.

What don't you like about CS?

Same problems that exist in all message boards, but I like CS anyway

Are you looking forward to wuap's welcome question and what do you think it will be?

I am excited for it and if one is indeed asked I anticipate something vaguely inappropriate

Do you pee in the sink?

I have peed in many places, including the sink. The chamberpot era was underrated by many.

Did you ever consider an alternative career path?

Probably. I'm sure I did.

When your kids get older, will you do drugs with them in order to teach them a responsible approach to drugs?

They'll figure it out. Good growing up experiences.

What's your standing in the church? (this was originally meant as a joke but it stuck)

Haven't been much since I graduated from BYU. I went on a mission and was a pretty solid believer until 5-6 years ago. I don't hold ill will towards the church, lots of people I love and respect are faithful members, it's a good force in their lives. I do like to complain about the church occasionally. That said I find John Dehlin deeply irritating in a way I find hard to describe in an articulate way.

Why are you so creepy? How long have you been lurking?

Literally like, a decade, so weird

Do you expect anyone to respond to this thread?

Probably a lukewarm/tepid response if any, but I'm cool with it.

Welcome, Rocketman! Try not to be sehr langweilig (pretty much the extent of what I remember from high school German).
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Don't be shy. Post more.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Raketemensch View Post
        Why are you so creepy? How long have you been lurking?

Literally like, a decade, so weird
        :surprise: That IS creepy... so you should fit in great here. Welcome aboard.
        "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

Comment

Welcome (or whatever is called for here when someone joined back in 2008), rocketman.
          "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

Whatever you do, don't state that you had a negative impression of CUF that one time you checked in eight 6.5 years ago.

Sei bitte mal hiermit gegrüßt!

o

Comment

Welcome. Creepy fits in well here, usually.
              PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Originally posted by Sullyute View Post
                :surprise: That IS creepy... so you should fit in great here. Welcome aboard.
                An entire decade? What a long, long time.
                τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

A Phsycologist? He has done his passive observation for the study and he will be doing participartary part. Gotta admit this is very fertile ground. Welcome.

Comment

Welcome. I have a degree in Psychology--very interesting field.

In your decade of lurking, have you been stalking anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
                      Welcome. I have a degree in Psychology--very interesting field.

In your decade of lurking, have you been stalking anyone?
                      It IS an interesting field. You accumulate lots of good stories that you're unfortunately legally/ethically obligated to never tell. But yes, interesting field. To answer the stalking question, I am a student of the posts of several prominent folks here. I miss Tex. He was funny. I sort of miss the 12-page arguments in the religion forum, those were awesome, but seem to be very much a thing of the past. Seems a different community now.

I will say that the religion forum on CG/CUF/CS was the main factor in me losing my testimony. Lol- j/k. Go Cougars!

Comment

So Rocketman, is that an allusion to any Disney film or a new German indy rock song?

Willkommen ist in Ordnung.
                        "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Raketemensch View Post
                          It IS an interesting field. You accumulate lots of good stories that you're unfortunately legally/ethically obligated to never tell. But yes, interesting field. To answer the stalking question, I am a student of the posts of several prominent folks here. I miss Tex. He was funny. I sort of miss the 12-page arguments in the religion forum, those were awesome, but seem to be very much a thing of the past. Seems a different community now.

I will say that the religion forum on CG/CUF/CS was the main factor in me losing my testimony. Lol- j/k. Go Cougars!
                          Holy cow, you are a lurker.
                          Last edited by Jeff Lebowski; 01-25-2016, 02:46 PM.
                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Welcome to our message board. I hope you find your testimony again. It will enrich your life and you won't have to live with the shame associate with freeriding your fine BYU education.

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                              Welcome to our message board. I hope you find your testimony again. It will enrich your life and you won't have to live with the shame associate with freeriding your fine BYU education.
                              nah he'll be alright
                              Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

Working...
                              X