Cycling Tourism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cycling Tourism

As with all great dilemmas in life, I am turning once again to the wisdom of this messageboard.

Hypothetical dilemma: you'll be in the area for all three Ardennes Classics this year, but you can select only one to spectate in person. Which do you choose (and where)?

The one with the most attractive participants.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Cycling Tourism

Personally I would do the Flèche Wallonne. It is one I have always wanted to see. And it has had some great winners. But perhaps Liege-Bastogne-Liege would be better if you can be at the Bastogne end as you could spend some time around where the 101st airborne was surrounded in the Battle of the Bulge and see the "nuts" museum, if it's still there. You can go wrong with either of them.

P.S. Nice to see you posting here again
      Last edited by creekster; 01-13-2016, 10:43 PM.
      PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Well? What did you decide to do??
        PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

One of my online anti-scientology buddies (they refer to themselves as "scientology watchers," and the Church refers to them as "embittered bigoted apostates") is in the French Alps this morning for Megavalanche.

Comment

I'm dying right now... The cycling tour company that provided our Civil War Tour a while back is now offering a bike tour of Cuba to repeat customers. But for my recent accident, we would absolutely do this. I suspect the roads and accommodations won't be as nice as other tours, but what a great opportunity. I'd insist on swinging by the Bay of Pigs and the 1962 Russian missile sites. I really wish I could do this. But I'm curious if this only appeals to me. I suspect many (most?) might not find this attractive at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
              One of my online anti-scientology buddies (they refer to themselves as "scientology watchers," and the Church refers to them as "embittered bigoted apostates") is in the French Alps this morning for Megavalanche.

I dont know how I missed this when it was origianlly posted, but it looks fantastic! Those guys are nuts but I would love to try it. I cant believe all the poeple who were putting their leg down. None fo the leaders did that. Good way to breka your leg.
              PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                I'm dying right now... The cycling tour company that provided our Civil War Tour a while back is now offering a bike tour of Cuba to repeat customers. But for my recent accident, we would absolutely do this. I suspect the roads and accommodations won't be as nice as other tours, but what a great opportunity. I'd insist on swinging by the Bay of Pigs and the 1962 Russian missile sites. I really wish I could do this. But I'm curious if this only appeals to me. I suspect many (most?) might not find this attractive at all.
                For the most part this looks like a great tour. I think I might develop some travelers ailment during the planned lecture on Cuba's health Care system at the school for disabled children (at least if it really a lecture), but otherwise a lot of fun.
                PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Working...
                X