Mormon Women Stand for something

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• -----------------------
    Last edited by MartyFunkhouser; 09-13-2016, 08:56 AM.
    As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
    --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
      What's weird about it? They hate homosexuals and decided to use a bullshit study by a group that hates homosexuals.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
      Is it really a study?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• I may be unique among ex-mos but I seriously couldn't care less about matters involving the church. My wife is still active so I support her in her search for peace but as for church declarations or "studies", it just doesn't move the meter for me. My grieving period was very short I guess.
        "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

• http://www.mormonwomenstand.com/a-pr...-class-of-sin/

From the comments:

You could do some research into homosexual sin being part of satanic ritual. That is a rabbits hole

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• http://www.mormonwomenstand.com/the-...ass-confusion/

“Embracing gay identity clearly contradicts Scripture.
            “If we truly love people like Robert, and truly believe the gospel, we must move from simply renouncing error to proclaiming the hope of transformation. Yes, this is counter-cultural and will meet with resistance. Yes, this is risky and puts our faith on the line. But this is the way of Christ and the only way to successfully address the LGBT issue at this critical moment in the life of the church.”
            True Christlike love means that we love our same-sex attracted or gender-confused brothers and sisters so much that we would never want them to go down any path that leads to sin. This is Christlike love. This is the pure love of Christ. This is how we can show true compassion and charity. It’s tremendously unkind and unloving to affirm, support or advocate for sinful behavior that breaks covenants, harms the mind, body, and soul, and drives the spirit away. Some say we should “only love” and yet it is only a portion of what Christ actually taught. He also boldly taught of redemption. Of repentance. Of healing. Of hope. Of transformation. He said, “Go and sin no more“, not “go and sin some more”. On the other hand, bringing someone unto the healing and hope in Jesus Christ and His doctrine is what true Christlike love looks like. Lasting healing and hope is found only in Jesus Christ, and never on other divergent paths or in embracing false and counterfeit ideologies. This is the good news of the gospel, and this is what we need to shout from the rooftops to provide doctrinal clarity in an era of cultural confusion.

The church needs to shut this thing down.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
              http://www.mormonwomenstand.com/the-...ass-confusion/

Yeah, but you gotta admit, ‘He said, “Go and sin no more“, not “go and sin some more”’, is a pretty clever line.
              "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
              "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
              - SeattleUte

Comment

Eh, why? We talk some crazy shit on this forum too, should the Church also shut us down?
                You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
                  Eh, why? We talk some crazy shit on this forum too, should the Church also shut us down?
                  We aren’t a quasi supported website of the church

Comment

• Originally posted by Maximus on 02-05-2016, 11:59 AM View Post
                    Why are we following a random crazy mormon blog again?
                    bump.

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                    We aren’t a quasi supported website of the church
                    link?
                    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                    Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere on 05-04-2016, 08:18 AM View Post
                      You gotta admit though that this isn't just some random blog started by a couple LDS women. It's quasi-endorsed by church leadership.

However, I do like it being a bit self moderated. There is push back at times from readers, although the push back is light and the comments are heavily moderated.
                      Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski on 05-04-2016, 08:23 AM View Post
                      Quasi-endorsed. Knock it off.

My point stands. The church rarely (if ever) singles out stuff like this for condemnation. And rightly so.
                      bump.

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak on 05-04-2016, 10:57 AM View Post
                        JL doesn't get it. The Church needs to come down hard on this little website which publishes about one article per month and is read by literally *dozens* of people.

The gospel's not a weapon bro. QED.
                        bump.

Comment

• Lol.

Funny how we want the church to butt out and let people express a variety of ideas. Until we don’t agree with the ideas. Then they need to drop the hammer!
                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                            The article says that she is a grant writer with a degree in journalism from BYU. She published an essay under the guise of Mormon Women Standing for Something. She meant exactly what she said. People like her make me want to leave because none of the leaders correct this bullshit and call it for what it is.
                            Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                            Oh brother.

You really want your leaders to micro-manage crap like this? You want them to review every blog article out there and give it a rating or clearance of some kind?
                            Originally posted by creekster View Post
                            That's the rub. Everybody wants the church to be more decentralized and give people more freedom to follow Christ etc., until they don't. Then they want a monolithic, tightly controlled organization that quells any small deviation from a specified path. I see no reason for the church to comment on blog posts like these, whether or not church PR people have met with them in the past.
                            bump.

Did wuap end up leaving the Church or is he still plying for attention by perennially threatening to leave?

Comment

http://www.mormonwomenstand.com/the-...ass-confusion/

Why? It is right in line with church teachings.
                              As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                              --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
                                Why? It is right in line with church teachings.
                                The church no longer advocates for gay transformation

Comment

Working...
                                X