No announcement yet.

I want to buy a trainer for my wife....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to buy a trainer for my wife....

Anyone have a recommendation for a good road bike trainer?

And yes...I am late in the Christmas game.

Just looking at some for a friend this morning. Its been a few years since I've purchased mine, but I got a kinetic similar to the one i mentioned here. Love it.

CycleOps Fluid2 trainer

Kurt Kinetic Road Machine 2.0 Fluid Trainer

CycleOps Jet Fluid Pro

Elite Qubo Power Smart B+ trainer

You can get a trainer for as little as about $100, but since you get what you pay for, I personally wouldn't waste my time with something that cheap. I think you need to drop a least $200-250 to get something decent.

Amazon has competitive prices right now. Performance bike online has 20% off and free shipping right now.

Comment

I bought a CycleOps fluid trainer a few years ago. HATED it.

This year we tossed it and bought a recumbent stationary bike. We love it. Night and day more comfortable and enjoyable.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

This year we tossed it and bought a recumbent stationary bike. We love it. Night and day more comfortable and enjoyable.
        Next up its one of these!

Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
          Next up its one of these!

Super mean.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

I have a CycleOps fluid trainer. It's fine. All I need is something that gives me resistance

I'm also not sure why it would be uncomfortable. It's the same thing as sitting on my bike. I'll admit that at some point I'd love to just get a Keiser or something similar, but I'm not made of money yet.
            "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by bluegoose View Post
              Just looking at some for a friend this morning. Its been a few years since I've purchased mine, but I got a kinetic similar to the one i mentioned here. Love it.

CycleOps Fluid2 trainer

Kurt Kinetic Road Machine 2.0 Fluid Trainer

CycleOps Jet Fluid Pro

Elite Qubo Power Smart B+ trainer

You can get a trainer for as little as about $100, but since you get what you pay for, I personally wouldn't waste my time with something that cheap. I think you need to drop a least $200-250 to get something decent.

Amazon has competitive prices right now. Performance bike online has 20% off and free shipping right now.
              Appreciate the information.

Went with the Kurt Kinetic. Wife is really getting into the biking thing, so I wanted to make sure she has the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                I have a CycleOps fluid trainer. It's fine. All I need is something that gives me resistance

I'm also not sure why it would be uncomfortable. It's the same thing as sitting on my bike. I'll admit that at some point I'd love to just get a Keiser or something similar, but I'm not made of money yet.
                But the resistance on a fluid trainer seems night and day different from pedaling down a street or trail. Bending over on a little bike seat indoors with a fluid trainer is quite literally a PITA. I don't think it has much to do with the brand.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Tick View Post
                  Appreciate the information.

Went with the Kurt Kinetic. Wife is really getting into the biking thing, so I wanted to make sure she has the best.
                  Everyone I know who has a KK is happy with it. Good choice.
                  "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

Working...
                  X