Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Neb. is a top 30-60 team: now and forever

Quote Originally Posted by cowboy View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised to see them try for KWhitt or Ken Niumatalolo. Niumatalolo's style would especially appeal to the old school Husker fans who like smash mouth football.
    I could see leach, if not frost

Quote Originally Posted by cowboy View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised to see them try for KWhitt or Ken Niumatalolo. Niumatalolo's style would especially appeal to the old school Husker fans who like smash mouth football.
    I don't think Nebraska is confined to LDS coaches with a temple recommend, but I don't follow anything in the Midwest so don't listen to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    I don't think Nebraska is confined to LDS coaches with a temple recommend, but I don't follow anything in the Midwest so don't listen to me.
    We fired Pelini when he lost his recommend.

Yeah, yeah. The suggestions aren't original. I read them on some Nebraska news site, and they were two of ten or so suggestions. I think they would both do well in Lincoln.

"Outlined against a blue, gray
    October sky the Four Horsemen rode again"
    Grantland Rice, 1924

the guy who hired leach is at Nebraska. but you're right... I doubt he is in consideration in the end
    Last edited by Maximus; 11-25-2017 at 07:51 PM.

Signature won a Pulitzer Paperback Writer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omaha 680 View Post
    Help me, Scott Frost. You're my only hope.
    Scott Frost: The Force Awakens. He may well be the Last Jedi for Nebraska.
    “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
    "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

Yikes. Time to edit the thread title.

Quote Originally Posted by Clark Addison View Post
    Yikes. Time to edit the thread title.
    I believe that Frost will make things better. Mostly because they can't get any worse. Well, I suppose a meteor could destroy Nebraska's campus and they decide to not rebuild or play football again. That would be a little worse.

May be time to shut the program down. They had a nice little run.

Wow, they are so bad that I don’t have the heart to mock them anymore.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Wonder when the home sellout streak will end, probably soon. Hoping against hope this is all just part of the BOM pride cycle and now that the Huskers have been sufficiently humbled they will eventually return to glory. I do think Nebraska will rise from the ashes like the Phoenix but 2018 has been difficult to watch to say the least.
    “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”

Princeps Inter Pares

Looks like we broke Nebraska AND Texas.

Somebody better call Wisconsin. I'm worried about them.
    τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

https://twitter.com/Wendys/status/10...427472898?s=19

"I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

That was savage, Wendy.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    That was savage, Wendy.
    It was pretty cold.

My suggestion for the Nebraska fans is to switch to Volleyball; now that super-transfer Lexi Sun is playing at OH2, Nebraska's got a good of a chance as anyone to make it to the final four again.
    Last edited by pelagius; 09-22-2018 at 08:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelado View Post
    https://twitter.com/Wendys/status/10...427472898?s=19

Funny to go read the tweets from all the butthurt Neb fans demanding an apology.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Quote Originally Posted by pelagius View Post
    My suggestion for the Nebraska fans is to switch to Volleyball; now that super-transfer Lexi Sun is playing at OH2, Nebraska's got a good of a chance as anyone to make it to the final four again.
    That has worked for many on this site.

LOL. The urban pizza meme and the Wendy's tweet were both solid.

Good idea. After all, Nebraska is defending national champion in volleyball. Wonder how many games the sell out streak is at.

Quote Originally Posted by Paperback Writer View Post
    Good idea. After all, Nebraska is defending national champion in volleyball. Wonder how many games the sell out streak is at.
    It's pretty long If I remember correctly. Nebraska dominate women's college volleyball attendance.

That has worked for many on this site.
    Hey Applejack. Our football team is ranked #20.

SU's nephew played QB for BYU yesterday.

Another fun fact: it has been 1026 days since Utah beat BYU in basketball.

It's a great time to be alive.

It's pretty long If I remember correctly. Nebraska dominate women's college volleyball attendance.
    My mom’s brother has been a physics professor at Nebraska for forty years. Mom sent him a text from our game:
    “My sincere condolences on your most recent loss. It must be hard to see the Huskers in this state but perhaps eventually it won’t hurt so much.”

Quote Originally Posted by Donuthole View Post
    Funny to go read the tweets from all the butthurt Neb fans demanding an apology.
    Whoever runs the Wendy's Twitter account is hilarious. They constantly have funny tweets.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    Whoever runs the Wendy's Twitter account is hilarious. They constantly have funny tweets.
    Agreed. Love it.

I thought he was referring to himself.
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

That was savage, Wendy.
    With Courage We Soar!

The VP Marketing at Wendy's, the WP '94 class facebook page claims that the twitter is closely under his stewardship, is a classmate from West Point First Campaign.
    Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
    -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
    -DOCTOR Wuap

Quote Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
    With Courage We Soar!

The VP Marketing at Wendy's, the WP '94 class facebook page claims that the twitter is closely under his stewardship, is a classmate from West Point First Campaign.
    America's finest showed up by the thousands in Norman, notwithstanding the predicted blowout. By the fourth quarter, when everyone in the stadium recognized that Army might actually pull off the upset, the troops were going completely bananas. Very fun to watch.

(But seriously, with 350 yards on the ground and already 2 of 3 with an INT when passing, WTH was Army's QB thinking airing out the ball on fourth down in OT?!)

SU's nephew played QB for BYU yesterday.

Another fun fact: it has been 1026 days since Utah beat BYU in basketball.

It's a great time to be alive.

SU's nephew played QB for BYU... LOL. Indeed, what a great time to be alive!
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!