X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

• Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
      Probably my Big 8 bias but 10-1-1 USC doesn't get the title over 11-0 Oklahoma even though the cheating Sooners were on probation. I know the Trojans got the #1 spot in the coaches poll since they couldn't vote for OU. Same goes for Texas' claim on a 1970 national title from the coaches poll who voted before the Longhorns lost in the Cotton Bowl.
      “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
      "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

Comment

• Originally posted by Paperback Writer View Post
        Probably my Big 8 bias but 10-1-1 USC doesn't get the title over 11-0 Oklahoma even though the cheating Sooners were on probation. I know the Trojans got the #1 spot in the coaches poll since they couldn't vote for OU. Same goes for Texas' claim on a 1970 national title from the coaches poll who voted before the Longhorns lost in the Cotton Bowl.
        UPI, FWAA and NFF disagree. Three out of the four national champ awards went to the Trojans that year
        Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

• Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
          UPI, FWAA and NFF disagree. Three out of the four national champ awards went to the Trojans that year
          I wonder how many of those votes excluded undefeated OU because the Sooners were on probation and could not play in a bowl game. Nevertheless, USC has a solid claim to a 1974 title and I updated the tables. The Trojans won the Rose Bowl after an impressive victory over a very good Notre Dame team and the Sooners didn't have to take the risk of being upset in a bowl game.
          “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”

Comment

I thought about adding BYU but didn't want Cougar fans to take it the wrong way. Agree that BYU is not far off the pace.
            I see you referred to "cougar fans" in third person. Figures.
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
              Man cannot serve two masters
              "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

Does he need to retell the story of everyone at BYU wanting Switzer to beat #1 Nebraska in 1984? They even as far as to say it was God's will that they lose so BYU could be #1!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
                  Man cannot serve two masters
                  Yes he can. I'm proof!

Comment

Northwestern is a powerhouse
                    "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

I've been a BYU fan longer than I've been a Nebraska fan.

Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                      Yes he can. I'm proof!

Originally posted by Joe Public View Post
                      Northwestern is a powerhouse
                      The Northwestern-Nebraska series has been exciting and rather unexpected from my point of view. Four of the five games being decided by three points or less including one Hail Mary on the final play of the game just like BYU-Nebraska this year. There's a lot I respect about Northwestern (university and football team).
                      Last edited by Paperback Writer; 12-03-2015, 09:27 AM.

Comment

• I wasnt sure where to put this but this seemed as good a place as any, and I very quickly got tired of looking, so here it is:

Lawrence Phillips, who was extremely talented on the field but a big hot mess of trouble off the field, and who I recall being one of those coddled and protected broken people who is given pass after pass due to athletic ability, committed suicide in prison yesterday, where he was likely going to bve charged with capital murder for killing a cell mate. A sad end to his life. May he rest in peace.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...ison/78742058/
                        PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
                          I wasnt sure where to put this but this seemed as good a place as any, and I very quickly got tired of looking, so here it is:

Lawrence Phillips, who was extremely talented on the field but a big hot mess of trouble off the field, and who I recall being one of those coddled and protected broken people who is given pass after pass due to athletic ability, committed suicide in prison yesterday, where he was likely going to bve charged with capital murder for killing a cell mate. A sad end to his life. May he rest in peace.

Sorry didn't see this before I posted it in the official Lawrence Phillips thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                            Sorry didn't see this before I posted it in the official Lawrence Phillips thread.
                            no worries; you found the correct place.
                            PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
                              I wasnt sure where to put this but this seemed as good a place as any, and I very quickly got tired of looking, so here it is:

I don't know that I would describe Lawrence Phillip's treatment as coddled but the guy certainly was broken and did receive a lot of second chances due to his talent. In retrospect, LP shouldn't have gotten a second chance with Nebraska in 1995. But I do believe that Tom Osborne was doing what he felt was best for LP and not Nebraska football when he allowed LP to play again after a 6-game suspension. The guy was an early Heisman favorite after his outstanding season in 1994 and his performance against a Nick Saban coached Michigan St. team in 1995. Had Osborne kicked LP off the team in 1995, he probably would have ended up in prison sooner.

Comment

• I'll never forget Phillips and Frazier running all over an undefeated Florida team in that '96 fiesta bowl for the national championship. It was as if Nebraska was playing a DII team rather than a 12-0 team from the SEC with a future Heisman winner.
                                I'm like LeBron James.
                                -mpfunk

Comment

Working...
                                X