Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
    could have been anyone, really
    I don't think MG or PAC would have done that.

Comment

could have been anyone, really
      Yes, true. And it could be hard to find given the dozens of times it's happened for different reasons, but I want to know who did it when I said Utah would just be another Arizona in football.
      Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
        I told you to go fuck yourself, but it was over a different issue. Can't say I recall who was arguing with you on your point above. You are still welcome to go fuck yourself if you would like.
        No it wasn't. It was because I told you guys to temper your expectations.

I likewise recommend that you masturbate as well. A certain Buckeye fan on the board can provide a link to some pretty nice material.
        Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

I told you to go fuck yourself, but it was over a different issue. Can't say I recall who was arguing with you on your point above. You are still welcome to go fuck yourself if you would like.
          your sins are forgiven!
          Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Yeah, we really missed JIC...
            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
              No it wasn't. It was because I told you guys to temper your expectations.

I likewise recommend that you masturbate as well. A certain Buckeye fan on the board can provide a link to some pretty nice material.
              I'll skip on Brock's links thank you very much:

Here is the post:

http://www.cougarstadium.com/showthr...l=1#post593207

Tangentially you were correct. It was a discussion about the rivalry game not playing the last weekend of the season. And you were pretty much wrong. The Utes had a chance to play themselves into the CCG in 2011, 2014, and 2015. They were eliminated the last weekend in 2011, and the second to last weekend in 2014 and 2015. I don't think that qualifies as a "very long time".
              "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

your sins are forgiven!
                "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

Here is the post:

Tangentially you were correct. It was a discussion about the rivalry game not playing the last weekend of the season. And you were pretty much wrong. The Utes had a chance to play themselves into the CCG in 2011, 2014, and 2015. They were eliminated the last weekend in 2011, and the second to last weekend in 2014 and 2015. I don't think that qualifies as a "very long time".
                  Yeah, you really seem like a guy who has a solid grasp on what to expect from Utah's program.

Comment

Here is the post:

The biggest take away from that thread was this: http://www.cougarstadium.com/showthr...l=1#post593234

"I am the only apostate mod" Wow have times changed.
                    *Banned*

Comment

• Originally posted by imanihonjin View Post
                      Yeah, you really seem like a guy who has a solid grasp on what to expect from Utah's program.
                      Anything incorrect about the fact that Utah was in contention to represent the P-12 South in 2011, 2014, or 2015?

-Rick Majerus

Comment

• Originally posted by imanihonjin View Post
                        You are kidding yourself if you think Nebraska will ever be able to even come close to being what it once was in the 80s and 90s. Sure, every 5 years or so, you can have a nice season but to think you are or can be OSU, USC, Alabama, etc. is really not facing the music. Look at Iowa, that is what Nebraska is currently. Embrace it, rather than fire your coach again next year when he goes 8-4 or worse.
                        Although not of late, the fact is that Nebraska has been Ohio St. USC, Alabama (and Oklahoma) over the past 50 years. All of those programs have had down cycles, probably not as long as what Nebraska is currently experiencing, but they have existed. Some, like you, think Nebraska will never be relevant again but I think its a matter of having the "right" coach in place. I don't expect Nebraska to ever go 60-3 over a five-year span again but I do think the Cornhuskers will compete for conference championships and national championships at some point in the future. It might be with Mike Riley at the helm (I have my doubts) or maybe with Scott Frost down the road. Here's an updated table with those programs over the past 50 years (1966-present):

School W-L-T Win Pct. National titles Heismans
                        Michigan 433-158-8 .730 1 2
                        Nebraska 475-139-5 .771 5 3
                        Ohio St. 461-130-8 .776 3 4
                        USC 429-163-14 .719 6 6
                        Alabama 460-148-5 .754 6 1
                        Oklahoma 455-143-8 .757 4 4
                        Last edited by Paperback Writer; 12-02-2015, 03:51 PM.
                        “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
                        "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

Comment

• Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                          The biggest take away from that thread was this: http://www.cougarstadium.com/showthr...l=1#post593234

Yes they have. Thanks to Falafel...

-Rick Majerus

Comment

• Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post

Indeed. No more apostates on the executive committee.
                            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                              Indeed. No more apostates on the executive committee.
                              This one from LaUTe was great as well:
                              http://www.cougarstadium.com/showthr...l=1#post593357

Called himself and SU "The Dynamic Duo" I can totally see the resemblance between the two.
                              *Banned*

Comment

• Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
                                Anything incorrect about the fact that Utah was in contention to represent the P-12 South in 2011, 2014, or 2015?
                                Congrats....in 2011 you were in contention up to the last week because USC was on probation, and yet the Utes couldn't beat their rival to represent the south. In 2014 and 2015 I am not really sure what your point is. I don't find it too impressive to be in contention to rep your division with 2 games to play. Heck WSU was in contention up to that point this year, despite losing to a D-II team.

Comment

Working...
                                X