Neb. is a top 30-60 team: now and forever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
    It is cute that you think that was my point. Shows how much you still view the world through a Utah hating lens. I have no illusions that the Utes have been as successful as TCU. TCU started out with more talent and play in a weaker conference. Utah has taken its lumps, but I am satisfied with the trajectory. I don't have any delusion that the Utes will be supplanting USC, UCLA as top dog in the P-12 South, but will be pushing them at every turn.

The point is that BYu fans in general have a warped sense of where they sit now and over the last 15 years. Very similar to the Nebraska fans posting in this thread. And it is funny to watch you all lecture PBW and Omaha about how they should have realistic expectations about their team and where they stand in the CFB world.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

It is cute that you think that was my point. Shows how much you still view the world through a Utah hating lens. I have no illusions that the Utes have been as successful as TCU. TCU started out with more talent and play in a weaker conference. Utah has taken its lumps, but I am satisfied with the trajectory. I don't have any delusion that the Utes will be supplanting USC, UCLA as top dog in the P-12 South, but will be pushing them at every turn.

The point is that BYu fans in general have a warped sense of where they sit now and over the last 15 years. Very similar to the Nebraska fans posting in this thread. And it is funny to watch you all lecture PBW and Omaha about how they should have realistic expectations about their team and where they stand in the CFB world.
      Not this year!
      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
        Some of these guys are too easy. I hope this wasn't the caliber of poster you were trying to attract with the programming change.
        "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
          Not this year!
          Nope. Glaring deficits in the most important position on the field undermined a stellar season. Helton should offer TW a grad assistant position. I think his performance against USC was a big reason that the Trojans turned their season around, and ultimately why Helton is now the permanent HC. In a twisted way, maybe Ute fans should be thankful for Travis in that he may have single handedly kept USC from hiring Chip Kelly.
          "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

You are the one who put the Utes in the same class as TCU in describing what BYU is not. I don't disagree that there are many BYU fans who have unrealistic expectations, but there are an equal proportion of Ute fans who also feel that way about Utah, so I am not sure what your point is.

Feel free to link to any of my posts that have stating anything close to the fact that I think BYU should be competing every year on a national level. So, I am not sure exactly why it is funny for you, but go ahead an keep on laughing if want. It doesn't bother me. I hope it doesn't bother you that I am laughing at you for thinking that Utah will push (whatever that means) the top dogs of the PAC 12 "at every turn".

Comment

Some of these guys are too easy. I hope this wasn't the caliber of poster you were trying to attract with the programming change.
              Says the guy with "burns" from the 80's. Although, this is a good spot for you, many here think they are far better at almost everything than they really are.

Comment

If you think it is bad here, you should see the dunces over on LA Ute's board.
                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Who was the poster that told me to f+++ myself when I said that Utah should expect the level of success Arizona and Arizona State had achieved since they joined the Pac 10 back in the late 70s?

While there is an undeniable level of myopia with BYU fans as evidenced by the posters at CB, I think most posters here are much more reasonable with their expectations. In contrast, Utah fans on here were telling me to go masturbate when I told them exactly how things were going to end up for them.
                  Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

Do any fans on CS have this warped sense of where BYU sits? I don't live in Utah, and only lived there during college, but this is a claim I constantly hear, and I'm not sure that it squares with my experience.
                    Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

This thread is a good lesson for all of us in humility. You can't argue with facts:

Utah is where quarterbacks fear to tread. Embrace it.
                      Nebraska is boring as hell and has Mike Reilly as a coach. Embrace it.
                      BYU is owned by its rival and is sexist/racist. Embrace it.

Comment

Nope. Glaring deficits in the most important position on the field undermined a stellar season. Helton should offer TW a grad assistant position. I think his performance against USC was a big reason that the Trojans turned their season around, and ultimately why Helton is now the permanent HC. In a twisted way, maybe Ute fans should be thankful for Travis in that he may have single handedly kept USC from hiring Chip Kelly.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
                          Do any fans on CS have this warped sense of where BYU sits? I don't live in Utah, and only lived there during college, but this is a claim I constantly hear, and I'm not sure that it squares with my experience.
                          CS isn't typical BYU fans, so I shouldn't paint with a broad brush.

-Rick Majerus

Comment

Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
                            Who was the poster that told me to f+++ myself
                            could have been anyone, really

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
                              Who was the poster that told me to f+++ myself when I said that Utah should expect the level of success Arizona and Arizona State had achieved since they joined the Pac 10 back in the late 70s?

While there is an undeniable level of myopia with BYU fans as evidenced by the posters at CB, I think most posters here are much more reasonable with their expectations. In contrast, Utah fans on here were telling me to go masturbate when I told them exactly how things were going to end up for them.
                              I told you to go fuck yourself, but it was over a different issue. Can't say I recall who was arguing with you on your point above. You are still welcome to go fuck yourself if you would like.

-Rick Majerus

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                                could have been anyone, really
                                True

-Rick Majerus

Comment

Working...
                                X