Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
    Bump.

Good game, HFN. Even though this may be a down year for the Ducks this was a very important win for Nebraska.

Now we should be 7-0 going into Madison on Oct 29. I think we win that game, but the dream ends in Columbus the following week.
    Until there is more of a track record for Mike Riley at Nebraska, @Northwestern, Illinois, @Indiana, and Purdue are not automatic victories. But agree, Nebraska has a good opportunity to start the season 7-0. As for the Buckeyes, I hope they are undefeated when Nebraska arrives in the Horseshoe. The dream may well end there, but I may choose to continuing dreaming about the team that denied a national championship to Alabama in 1977 and Oklahoma in 1978.
    “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
    "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

Comment

• Originally posted by Paperback Writer View Post
      Until there is more of a track record for Mike Riley at Nebraska, @Northwestern, Illinois, @Indiana, and Purdue are not automatic victories. But agree, Nebraska has a good opportunity to start the season 7-0. As for the Buckeyes, I hope they are undefeated when Nebraska arrives in the Horseshoe. The dream may well end there, but I may choose to continuing dreaming about the team that denied a national championship to Alabama in 1977 and Oklahoma in 1978.
      I think those are wins. Illinois and Purdue are terrible, those are sure wins in Memorial Stadium. NWestern is where I could see them dropping one. I think they'll handle the Hoosiers.
      Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Douger View Post
        I think those are wins. Illinois and Purdue are terrible, those are sure wins in Memorial Stadium. NWestern is where I could see them dropping one. I think they'll handle the Hoosiers.
        10/3/15 - Champaign, IL: Illinois 14 Nebraska 13
        10/24/15 - Lincoln, NE: Northwestern 30 Nebraska 28
        10/31/15 - West Lafayette, IN: Purdue 55 Nebraska 45

At this point in Mike Riley's tenure at Nebraska, nothing is sure. But I'm hoping the corner has been turned. Nebraska has a ways to go until they reach championship caliber. The Huskers first have to regain relevancy. Winning the B1G West and playing in the Rose Bowl would be good progress.
        “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”

Comment

• How about those Huskers in the top ten of the AP poll this week, PBW? I wonder what kind of momentum they will carry into Madison and Columbus.
          "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe Public View Post
            How about those Huskers in the top ten of the AP poll this week, PBW? I wonder what kind of momentum they will carry into Madison and Columbus.
            This season reminds me of the good old days. Climb into the top ten feasting on the weaker teams and then have the rug pulled out losing to Oklahoma (and occasionally Colorado) at the end. I stand by my prediction above that we get by Wisconsin but not Ohio State. Nebraska has a realistic shot of going 11-2 with two losses to Ohio State. I would simultaneously love and hate that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe Public View Post
              How about those Huskers in the top ten of the AP poll this week, PBW? I wonder what kind of momentum they will carry into Madison and Columbus.
              Nebraska has to first get past Indiana this Saturday; I expect a close game. Indiana is better than their record.

Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
              This season reminds me of the good old days. Climb into the top ten feasting on the weaker teams and then have the rug pulled out losing to Oklahoma (and occasionally Colorado) at the end. I stand by my prediction above that we get by Wisconsin but not Ohio State. Nebraska has a realistic shot of going 11-2 with two losses to Ohio State. I would simultaneously love and hate that.
              I agree. The game against the Buckeyes in the Horseshoe will be for the Rose Bowl for the Huskers if Nebraska defeats Wisconsin the week prior. Regardless if Nebraska upsets Ohio St., the Huskers most likely don't win the CCG against Michigan/Ohio St. Nebraska is not at championship level yet but making progress. I'd be happy with a major bowl invite; preferably the Rose Bowl.

Comment

• I don't buy Nebraska as the #7 team in the country, but it has been a fun season. I still think they get by Wisconsin this week and then unfortunately lose to OSU.

Comment

I don't buy Nebraska as the #7 team in the country, but it has been a fun season. I still think they get by Wisconsin this week and then unfortunately lose to OSU.
                  I'm drinking the Big Red Kool-Aid. Are the Huskers a Top Ten team? I think so. Will they win out their schedule including games @Wisconsin, @Ohio St., Ohio St./Michigan in the CCG, and Alabama in the playoffs? Very doubtful. I'll be satisfied with a win @Wisconsin and close losses @Ohio St and against Michigan/Ohio St in the CCG. Then maybe a win in the Rose Bowl or other significant bowl. Jut want Nebraska to provide a good answer to the skeptics: is Nebraska for real? IMO, Nebraska is not a serious threat to win a couple of playoff games if they somehow manage to win the Big Ten. But Nebraska is for real and they are on their way back.

Comment

I'm drinking the Big Red Kool-Aid. Are the Huskers a Top Ten team? I think so. Will they win out their schedule including games @Wisconsin, @Ohio St., Ohio St./Michigan in the CCG, and Alabama in the playoffs? Very doubtful. I'll be satisfied with a win @Wisconsin and close losses @Ohio St and against Michigan/Ohio St in the CCG. Then maybe a win in the Rose Bowl or other significant bowl. Jut want Nebraska to provide a good answer to the skeptics: is Nebraska for real? IMO, Nebraska is not a serious threat to win a couple of playoff games if they somehow manage to win the Big Ten. But Nebraska is for real and they are on their way back.
                    Fresno, Wyoming, Oregon, Northwestern, Illinois, Indiana, and Purdue. There are probably 30 schools in the country that would be undefeated with that schedule. I think they lose the next two but will still have a successful season at 10-2 beating all of the bad teams on the schedule and losing to the only good teams they play. They will be in a good bowl game.

Comment

• Originally posted by wapiti View Post
                      Fresno, Wyoming, Oregon, Northwestern, Illinois, Indiana, and Purdue. There are probably 30 schools in the country that would be undefeated with that schedule. I think they lose the next two but will still have a successful season at 10-2 beating all of the bad teams on the schedule and losing to the only good teams they play. They will be in a good bowl game.
                      IMO, the 30 schools who could also go undefeated with Nebraska's schedule to this point in the season is quite high. I'd put that number at about 15 schools. Nebraska's schedule is back loaded. Wyoming, Northwestern, Minnesota, Maryland, and Iowa will all be going to bowl games so they shouldn't be labeled as "bad teams". I'm not stating that Nebraska has played a tough schedule to this point, the Husker are just starting the toughest part of their schedule. At the end of the season, over half of Nebraska's opponents will be playing in bowl games. That's quite different then 2 good teams and 10 bad ones. Last season, Nebraska was losing over half of those games, usually late in the game. The Huskers have turned the corner and are now closing out games in the fourth quarter. A 10-2 record will put Nebraska in the CCG.

Comment

IMO, the 30 schools who could also go undefeated with Nebraska's schedule to this point in the season is quite high. I'd put that number at about 15 schools. Nebraska's schedule is back loaded. Wyoming, Northwestern, Minnesota, Maryland, and Iowa will all be going to bowl games so they shouldn't be labeled as "bad teams". I'm not stating that Nebraska has played a tough schedule to this point, the Husker are just starting the toughest part of their schedule. At the end of the season, over half of Nebraska's opponents will be playing in bowl games. That's quite different then 2 good teams and 10 bad ones. Last season, Nebraska was losing over half of those games, usually late in the game. The Huskers have turned the corner and are now closing out games in the fourth quarter. A 10-2 record will put Nebraska in the CCG.
                        Are you saying that there aren't any bad teams in bowl games? Check that, I don't want to argue over the quality of Wyoming football with you . . .

Comment

• Originally posted by wapiti View Post
                          Are you saying that there aren't any bad teams in bowl games? Check that, I don't want to argue over the quality of Wyoming football with you . . .
                          Hey! Wyoming is probably going to beat Boise State.

Comment

Are the Huskers a Top Ten team? I think so. Nebraska is for real and they are on their way back.
                            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Hey! Wyoming is probably going to beat Boise State.
                              I've made the same prediction of a Wyoming upset of Boise St. in Laramie. I'm also a big Craig Bohl fan so I've got an inherent bias in any argument about the quality of Wyoming football. Bohl's first coaching position was being my position coach in high school.

Comment

• Nebraska's chances not looking very rosy this week according to media pundits:

Wisconsin victory Aaron Taylor, CBS Sports
                                Wisconsin 27, Nebraska 16 BCF Toys
                                Wisconsin 23, Nebraska 17 Blake Lawrence, Big Red Wrap-Up
                                Wisconsin 23, Nebraska 16 Brent Yarina, BTN.com
                                Wisconsin 23, Nebraska 13 Brett Nierengarten, Daily Nebraskan
                                Wisconsin victory Brian Jones, CBS Sports
                                Wisconsin victory Chris Williams, CollegeFootballNews.com
                                Wisconsin victory Crowley Sullivan, CollegeFootballNews.com
                                Wisconsin victory Dave Congrove, CollegeFootballNews.com
                                Wisconsin by 6 DRatings.com
                                Wisconsin 7.4 Ed Feng, The Power Rank
                                Wisconsin 69.3% win prob. ESPN FPI
                                Wisconsin victory Jeremy Simon, CollegeFootballNews.com
                                Wisconsin 24, Nebraska 21 Kevin Kugler, Big Red Wrap-Up
                                Wisconsin 24, Nebraska 21 Michael Dixon, Daily Nebraskan
                                Wisconsin 34, Nebraska 20 Pete Fiutak, CollegeFootballNews.com
                                Wisconsin victory Phil Harrison, CollegeFootballNews.com
                                Wisconsin victory Randy Cross, CBS Sports
                                Wisconsin 26, Nebraska 16 Rich Cirminiello, CollegeFootballNews.com
                                Wisconsin victory Rick Neuheisel, CBS Sports
                                Wisconsin 20, Nebraska 14 Riley Bowden, Daily Nebraskan
                                Wisconsin victory Russ Mitchell, CollegeFootballNews.com
                                Nebraska 19, Wisconsin 17 Sean Callahan, Big Red Wrap-Up
                                Nebraska victory The Schmo, CollegeFootballNews.com
                                Wisconsin 24, Nebraska 10 Tom Dienhart, BTN.com
                                Wisconsin 28.2, Nebraska 23.9 What If Sports

Comment

Working...
                                X