Neb. is a top 30-60 team: now and forever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Paperback Writer View Post
    Just before signing day, Jamire Calvin commits to Nebraska.
    http://www.omaha.com/huskers/footbal...937d50361.html
    Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
    We're to classy to rub it in with a gif but I will give PBW a simple emoji
    What a freaking traitor. Gary anderson is disappointed in those that don't keep their word.

Last edited by BigPiney; 01-30-2017, 10:36 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
      What a freaking traitor. Gary anderson is disappointed in those that don't keep their word.

Gary Anderson will still probably be disappointed come tomorrow but Mike Leach might be happy. There are rumors that Jamire Calvin may sign with Washington St. Whether this WR signs with Oregon St., Nebraska, or Washington St. he will probably transfer at least once, maybe twice before he's done playing college ball. Here are the current odds:
      Nebraska 54%
      Washington State 38%
      Oregon State 4%
      ? 4%
      http://247sports.com/PlayerInstituti...ertPredictions
      “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
      "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

Comment

Gary Anderson will still probably be disappointed come tomorrow but Mike Leach might be happy. There are rumors that Jamire Calvin may sign with Washington St. Whether this WR signs with Oregon St., Nebraska, or Washington St. he will probably transfer at least once, maybe twice before he's done playing college ball. Here are the current odds:
        Nebraska 54%
        Washington State 38%
        Oregon State 4%
        ? 4%
        http://247sports.com/PlayerInstituti...ertPredictions
        That is funny. That kid is all over the place. I agree on the transfers. In the end he may end up at all three schools.

Comment

• Disappointed Gary Anderson.

Sad Mike Riley

Soon to be confused Mike Leach when Jamire Calvin transfers from Washington St. after signing with the Cougars.
          “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”

Comment

• Nebraska reclaims #1 ranking; BYU cracks the Top Ten:
            ...in USA Today's Misery Index

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...lsu/675144001/

Nebraska: "Nobody in Nebraska believes they’re going to return to the 1980s or early 1990s. But is being as good as Wisconsin really too much to ask?"

BYU: "In three games against FBS opponents, the Cougars have scored 19 points while compiling 509 offensive yards. In some years at BYU, that’s three quarters worth of production, not three games."

Comment

Nebraska reclaims #1 ranking; BYU cracks the Top Ten:
              ...in USA Today's Misery Index

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...lsu/675144001/

Nebraska: "Nobody in Nebraska believes they’re going to return to the 1980s or early 1990s. But is being as good as Wisconsin really too much to ask?"

BYU: "In three games against FBS opponents, the Cougars have scored 19 points while compiling 509 offensive yards. In some years at BYU, that’s three quarters worth of production, not three games."

Considering what Miss State did to LSU I don't think Nebraska will hold that #1 position for too long... I am guessing there will be a blood bath in Starkville but maybe Koy Jr will get to play.
              "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
              "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
              "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Take THAT, Rutgers!

Comment

• Help me, Scott Frost. You're my only hope.

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                    Help me, Scott Frost. You're my only hope.
                    I know he is a Nebraska alum...but that dude is going to get the pick of the litter this off-season.

Comment

Help me, Scott Frost. You're my only hope.
                      I am not sure why he would leave UCF... The fans there love him.

"If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Tick View Post
                        I know he is a Nebraska alum...but that dude is going to get the pick of the litter this off-season.
                        He's more than an alumnus. He is the pride of Wood River, Nebraska. In addition to being a standout football player who committed to Stanford but eventually came home to lead us to another national title, I remember watching him win the all class gold medal in shot put and also the class C hurdles races at the 1993 State track meet. He is just below Johnny Rogers and just above Ahman Green as far as home grown football legends. You're right though. Florida in particular is going to back up the dump truck of cash on his front lawn. There are signs Nebraksa will be aggressive on salary to get him, so I have to hope that the emotional connection will win him over.

Comment

• I wonder if Scott Frost is interested; he knows what he's getting into. He would have a much easier path at Florida or UCF for that matter. The only reason I could see him taking the Nebraska job is a chance to be Tom Osborne 2.0. If Frost does not accept Nebraska's offer, Mike Leach might. I don't think Leach is a good fit at Nebraska but I like the guy and he would be entertaining. But I agree, Scott Frost might just be the Husker's only hope right now.

Comment

He's more than an alumnus. He is the pride of Wood River, Nebraska. In addition to being a standout football player who committed to Stanford but eventually came home to lead us to another national title, I remember watching him win the all class gold medal in shot put and also the class C hurdles races at the 1993 State track meet. He is just below Johnny Rogers and just above Ahman Green as far as home grown football legends. You're right though. Florida in particular is going to back up the dump truck of cash on his front lawn. There are signs Nebraksa will be aggressive on salary to get him, so I have to hope that the emotional connection will win him over.
                            Looks like florida is going after Chip Kelly. What about between texas A&M, UTenn and Nebraska. I am sure he will go to Nebraska. that division is wide open

Comment

• Originally posted by Maximus View Post
                              Looks like florida is going after Chip Kelly. What about between texas A&M, UTenn and Nebraska. I am sure he will go to Nebraska. that division is wide open
                              Not only do I think the chance of success is greater at Nebraska than at those other two schools, but Nebraska fans will be more patient. I hope you are right about Florida.

Comment

• Nebraska should go after Mike Leach ahead of Scott Frost. Frost is undefeated this year, but he's only been a head coach for two years. Leach has shown that he can win anywhere.
                                Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

Working...
                                X