Neb. is a top 30-60 team: now and forever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Paperback Writer View Post
    Since Nebraska has hit rock bottom, I'd buy it. One needs to widen their vision when it comes to Nebraska, they have survived prolonged down periods before. In the early days of college football they had their moments of glory. Post WWII, they were down until Bob Devaney. If one had bought Nebraska stock just prior to the 1962 season, he or she would have had 40 years of great returns. Nevertheless, I didn't expect the current recession to last 17 years. But as you stated, time will tell.
    Lets stop with the stock talk. It’s a poor analogy. Even JL will probably admit that. There is a significant benefit to buy low and sell high with stocks. That doesn’t really apply to sports teams.

But let’s say they you’re a general contractor and Texas and Nebraska are competing subcontractors. You have to pick one for a huge 5-year commercial project. The bids are identical, so you get to pick. Who are you going into business with? (Hint: the answer isn’t Nebraska)

Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
      Lets stop with the stock talk. It’s a poor analogy. Even JL will probably admit that. There is a significant benefit to buy low and sell high with stocks. That doesn’t really apply to sports teams.

But let’s say they you’re a general contractor and Texas and Nebraska are competing subcontractors. You have to pick one for a huge 5-year commercial project. The bids are identical, so you get to pick. Who are you going into business with? (Hint: the answer isn’t Nebraska)

Yeah the stock analogy was no bueno.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post

So pick the program/subcontractor that rarely lives up to its potential?! The whole Texas vs Nebraska is a straw man argument anyway. Texas will always have built in advantages over Nebraska (and Oklahoma). My point is that Nebraska has always been an outlier and has overcome prolonged down periods in the past. Will Nebraska ever be Nebraska again? Time will tell, I think they will. But I still think it is amusing that an Austin paper is stating that "Nebraska will never be Nebraska again". Maybe the best response is: "Texas will always be Texas".
        “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
        "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

Comment

• bertha's posts are not showing up for me, dammit!
          I'm like LeBron James.
          -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
            bertha's posts are not showing up for me, dammit!
            Ha. You weren't missing much. Bertha is gone forever.

"She" was operating out of somewhere in Indonesia. Clearly a bot.

That reminds me. I wonder what bestellen is up to. I miss her.
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paperback Writer View Post
              So pick the program/subcontractor that rarely lives up to its potential?! The whole Texas vs Nebraska is a straw man argument anyway. Texas will always have built in advantages over Nebraska (and Oklahoma). My point is that Nebraska has always been an outlier and has overcome prolonged down periods in the past. Will Nebraska ever be Nebraska again? Time will tell, I think they will. But I still think it is amusing that an Austin paper is stating that "Nebraska will never be Nebraska again". Maybe the best response is: "Texas will always be Texas".
              you pick the one that has the biggest policy backstopping their obligations, which they will inevitably screw up
              Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Hey, guess which team is back in the AP top ten?

hint: :hookem:

Comment

• BTW, this thread title is one of the all-time greats. Way to go, pelagius.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                    BTW, this thread title is one of the all-time greats. Way to go, pelagius.
                    #60 is too high for this season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                      Hang in there, amigo. I am sure someday the Huskers will be back in the top 30-60!

Comment

BTW, this thread title is one of the all-time greats. Way to go, pelagius.
                        Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                        Well I had in mind a normal distribution ... Ah nevermind ... I do very much enjoy this title.

Comment

• Also, sorry about what Minnesota did to your Volleyball team last Saturday Nebraska guys.

Comment

Hey, guess which team is back in the AP top ten?

hint: :hookem:
                            IUD University?
                            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                              IUD University?
                              Of course falafel takes it there. Shocker.
                              *Banned*

Comment

Hey, guess which team is back in the AP top ten?
                                Yup, it’s amazing what an upset over Oklahoma will do for the ol’ CV.

Comment

Working...
                                X