Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neb. is a top 30-60 team: now and forever

Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
    Good. Now if he is successful not a complete disaster at UCF he can come home to Nebraska in 3 or 4 years.
    Made a small edit. Also, Frost's time at UCF will strengthen Florida recruiting ties that he will then put to use when he replaces Riley at Nebraska.
    “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
    "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

Originally posted by Paperback Writer View Post
    Made a small edit. Also, Frost's time at UCF will strengthen Florida recruiting ties that he will then put to use when he replaces Riley at Nebraska.
    Yep, I am sure there scores of highly talented Floridians who just can't wait to take their talents to Lincoln.

Comment

Originally posted by imanihonjin View Post
      Yep, I am sure there scores of highly talented Floridians who just can't wait to take their talents to Lincoln.
      Sincerely,
      Tommie Frazier

And current Huskers:
      Joseph Baez
      Zack Darlington
      Chris Jones
      Adrienne Talon
      Sedrick King
      Alex Davis
      Kevin Maurice
      “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”

Comment

This makes me feel old. I remember Frost at the state track meet when I was in HS. He was from a small class C school but won all-class gold medals in both hurdle events and the shot put. He was a freak of an athlete.

Comment

Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
          This makes me feel old. I remember Frost at the state track meet when I was in HS. He was from a small class C school but won all-class gold medals in both hurdle events and the shot put. He was a freak of an athlete.
          I feel the same way every time I read something about Tom Rathman whom I played against in HS.

Comment

Sincerely,
            Tommie Frazier

And current Huskers:
            Joseph Baez
            Zack Darlington
            Chris Jones
            Adrienne Talon
            Sedrick King
            Alex Davis
            Kevin Maurice

I said scores of highly talented. Tommy Frazier certainly qualifies but I don't know a single other person on your list.

As for the others on your list.

Joseph Baez: Couldn't find him on this roster http://www.huskers.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPSID=4&SPID=22
            Zack Darlington: No offers from Florida schools
            Chris Jones: No offers from Florida schools other than FIU and South Florida
            Adrienne Talon: No offers from Florida schools other than FAU, South Florida and UCF
            Sedrick King: No offers from Florida schools other than FAMU, FAU, FIU, South Florida and UCF
            Alex Davis: No offers from Florida schools other than FIU, FAU, and South Florida
            Kevin Maurice: No offers from Florida schools other than FAU.

Comment

I said scores of highly talented. Tommy Frazier certainly qualifies but I don't know a single other person on your list.

Joseph Baez: Couldn't find him on this roster http://www.huskers.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPSID=4&SPID=22
              Adrienne Talon: No offers from Florida schools other than FAU, South Florida and UCF
              Sedrick King: No offers from Florida schools other than FAMU, FAU, FIU, South Florida and UCF
              Alex Davis: No offers from Florida schools other than FIU, FAU, and South Florida
              tbh, Tommie Frazier doesn't even count - that was 20+ years ago.
              I'm like LeBron James.
              -mpfunk

Comment

Plus a score is 20 and scores would have to be at least 40. PBW only listed 7.
                "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

I feel the same way every time I read something about Tom Rathman whom I played against in HS.
                  I feel old by just knowing who you're talking about.

Comment

I suppose looking at offer lists out of HS is one way to determine talent; perhaps a better way is to look at a depth chart. If a player is starting or playing significant minutes at Nebraska then he has talent. Nebraska will never get scores of talented players from Florida but they will sign some talent that will play. Like BYU, Nebraska has always had to recruit nationally and Florida is part of the equation - the Husker need to improve their recruiting in Florida.

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                    tbh, Tommie Frazier doesn't even count - that was 20+ years ago.
                    After the season Nebraska has had, I'm living in the past. Tommie Frazier will always count. I reserve the right to post about Tommie Frazier 20 years from now. And for the record, Jim F*ing McMahon and Steve Young will always count.

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                    Plus a score is 20 and scores would have to be at least 40. PBW only listed 7.
                    The 7 were just from the current Nebraska roster. Do you really want me to list all Nebraska players from Florida who ever played for the Huskers to meet the definition of score(s)? Besides, they may only have "No offers from Florida schools other than FAMU, FAU, FIU, South Florida and UCF".
                    Last edited by Paperback Writer; 12-01-2015, 10:42 AM.

Comment

I suppose looking at offer lists out of HS is one way to determine talent; perhaps a better way is to look at a depth chart. If a player is starting or playing significant minutes at Nebraska then he has talent. Nebraska will never get scores of talented players from Florida but they will sign some talent that will play. Like BYU, Nebraska has always had to recruit nationally and Florida is part of the equation - the Husker need to improve their recruiting in Florida.

After the season Nebraska has had, I'm living in the past. Tommie Frazier will always count. I reserve the right to post about Tommie Frazier 20 years from now. And for the record, Jim F*ing McMahon and Steve Young will always count.

The 7 were just from the current Nebraska roster. Do you really want me to list all Nebraska players from Florida who ever played for the Huskers to meet the definition of score(s)? Besides, they may only have "No offers from Florida schools other than FAMU, FAU, FIU, South Florida and UCF".
                      Great, then we agree.

Comment

Check out their HS stats. How did these players stack up against Taysom Hill as a Sophomore in college?
                        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Why on earth are we talking about Nebraska again?
                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                            Check out their HS stats. How did these players stack up against Taysom Hill as a Sophomore in college?
                            These are Florida HS players NOT Texas HS players.

Comment

These are Florida HS players NOT Texas HS players.
                              my bad
                              Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X