Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
Results 331 to 341 of 341

Thread: Neb. is a top 30-60 team: now and forever

  1. #331

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Oh man. That Nebraska series in OT was painful to watch.
    I die a little more each week.

    Quote Originally Posted by CardiacCoug View Post
    Wow that’s gotta be rock bottom. They blew a 98.7% chance of winning.
    I sure hope this is rock bottom. I don't want to believe it goes deeper.

  2. #332

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Nebraska doing their best Texas impersonation right now. Blowing a fourth-quarter lead.
    I don’t think Texas has ever been 0-6.

  3. #333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Omaha 680 View Post
    I die a little more each week.



    I sure hope this is rock bottom. I don't want to believe it goes deeper.
    The only way it goes deeper is if the Big 10 goes Temple on Nebraska and they end up in the MWC

  4. #334

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LiveCoug View Post
    The only way it goes deeper is if the Big 10 goes Temple on Nebraska and they end up in the MWC
    Or NCAA sanctions. Does Frost get a second year?

  5. #335

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Babs View Post
    Or NCAA sanctions. Does Frost get a second year?
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ut/1633224002/

    They owe him $26MM if they fire him this year. So yeah, I think he gets more time.

  6. #336

    Default

    Fire Frost? GTFO. He is our favored son coming home to save us. The only way he doesn't get at least 4 years to show what he can do is if he has back to back winless seasons.

    Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

  7. #337

    Default

    Nebraska is ranked 24. Well above 30-60!

  8. #338
    Signature won a Pulitzer Paperback Writer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In the Darkness on the Edge of Town
    Posts
    4,748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Omaha 680 View Post
    Nebraska is ranked 24. Well above 30-60!
    Borrowing from your 2019 College football posting..."Our long national nightmare is over." Is the nightmare finally over for Nebraska? I think Nebraska can win the Big 10 West and have a decent shot of upsetting THE [trademark] Ohio State in Lincoln. I base this optimism more on the Cornhuskers easy schedule than on their current talent level. Looking over the projected 2-deep depth chart, the Huskers are a young team. Maybe, just maybe, Nebraska turns the corner this year. Or this is just another false summit.
    “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
    "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

  9. #339

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paperback Writer View Post
    Borrowing from your 2019 College football posting..."Our long national nightmare is over." Is the nightmare finally over for Nebraska? I think Nebraska can win the Big 10 West and have a decent shot of upsetting THE [trademark] Ohio State in Lincoln. I base this optimism more on the Cornhuskers easy schedule than on their current talent level. Looking over the projected 2-deep depth chart, the Huskers are a young team. Maybe, just maybe, Nebraska turns the corner this year. Or this is just another false summit.
    Last season had two distinct parts. The first half was whipping the team into shape and finding an identity after a rudderless three years under Riley. The second half they seemed to find themselves and the play on the field reflected that. I'm optimistic the improvement continues and that Frost has infused a sense of culture and purpose into the program that hasn't been there since Solich was fired. I'm dont know if Im ready to predict a B1G West division title, but I think they will be right in the race and get 8-9 wins in the end.

    Martinez is also getting some Heisman love. I saw he is 10-1 right now, fourth best odds of any player. We will see if it is deserved.

  10. #340

    Default

    With last night's epic comeback win against mighty Illinois, Nebraska became the 6th program to 900 all time wins. They join the elite club of Michigan, Ohio State, Texas, Alabama, and Notre Dame. We may be a top 30 to 60 program currently, but we are top 6 all time!

  11. #341
    Signature won a Pulitzer Paperback Writer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In the Darkness on the Edge of Town
    Posts
    4,748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Omaha 680 View Post
    With last night's epic comeback win against mighty Illinois, Nebraska became the 6th program to 900 all time wins. They join the elite club of Michigan, Ohio State, Texas, Alabama, and Notre Dame. We may be a top 30 to 60 program currently, but we are top 6 all time!
    Might as well drink the red Kool-Aid for a week before THE Ohio State Buckeyes come to Lincoln. I doubt the outcome is as favorable if Nebraska has 4 turnovers and 100+ yards in penalties next week. Nevertheless, it was nice to see Scott Frost's offence hitting on all cylinders (almost 700 yards) even if it was against Illinois.
    “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
    "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •