Neb. is a top 30-60 team: now and forever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Oh man. That Nebraska series in OT was painful to watch.
    I die a little more each week.

Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
    Wow that’s gotta be rock bottom. They blew a 98.7% chance of winning.
    I sure hope this is rock bottom. I don't want to believe it goes deeper.

Comment

Nebraska doing their best Texas impersonation right now. Blowing a fourth-quarter lead.
      I don’t think Texas has ever been 0-6.

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
        I die a little more each week.

I sure hope this is rock bottom. I don't want to believe it goes deeper.
        The only way it goes deeper is if the Big 10 goes Temple on Nebraska and they end up in the MWC

Comment

• Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
          The only way it goes deeper is if the Big 10 goes Temple on Nebraska and they end up in the MWC
          Or NCAA sanctions. Does Frost get a second year?

Comment

• Originally posted by Babs View Post
            Or NCAA sanctions. Does Frost get a second year?
            https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ut/1633224002/

They owe him $26MM if they fire him this year. So yeah, I think he gets more time.

Comment

• Fire Frost? GTFO. He is our favored son coming home to save us. The only way he doesn't get at least 4 years to show what he can do is if he has back to back winless seasons.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

• Nebraska is ranked 24. Well above 30-60!

Comment

Nebraska is ranked 24. Well above 30-60!
                  Borrowing from your 2019 College football posting..."Our long national nightmare is over." Is the nightmare finally over for Nebraska? I think Nebraska can win the Big 10 West and have a decent shot of upsetting THE [trademark] Ohio State in Lincoln. I base this optimism more on the Cornhuskers easy schedule than on their current talent level. Looking over the projected 2-deep depth chart, the Huskers are a young team. Maybe, just maybe, Nebraska turns the corner this year. Or this is just another false summit.
                  “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
                  "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

Comment

• Originally posted by Paperback Writer View Post
                    Borrowing from your 2019 College football posting..."Our long national nightmare is over." Is the nightmare finally over for Nebraska? I think Nebraska can win the Big 10 West and have a decent shot of upsetting THE [trademark] Ohio State in Lincoln. I base this optimism more on the Cornhuskers easy schedule than on their current talent level. Looking over the projected 2-deep depth chart, the Huskers are a young team. Maybe, just maybe, Nebraska turns the corner this year. Or this is just another false summit.
                    Last season had two distinct parts. The first half was whipping the team into shape and finding an identity after a rudderless three years under Riley. The second half they seemed to find themselves and the play on the field reflected that. I'm optimistic the improvement continues and that Frost has infused a sense of culture and purpose into the program that hasn't been there since Solich was fired. I'm dont know if Im ready to predict a B1G West division title, but I think they will be right in the race and get 8-9 wins in the end.

Martinez is also getting some Heisman love. I saw he is 10-1 right now, fourth best odds of any player. We will see if it is deserved.

Comment

• With last night's epic comeback win against mighty Illinois, Nebraska became the 6th program to 900 all time wins. They join the elite club of Michigan, Ohio State, Texas, Alabama, and Notre Dame. We may be a top 30 to 60 program currently, but we are top 6 all time!

Comment

With last night's epic comeback win against mighty Illinois, Nebraska became the 6th program to 900 all time wins. They join the elite club of Michigan, Ohio State, Texas, Alabama, and Notre Dame. We may be a top 30 to 60 program currently, but we are top 6 all time!
                        Might as well drink the red Kool-Aid for a week before THE Ohio State Buckeyes come to Lincoln. I doubt the outcome is as favorable if Nebraska has 4 turnovers and 100+ yards in penalties next week. Nevertheless, it was nice to see Scott Frost's offence hitting on all cylinders (almost 700 yards) even if it was against Illinois.
                        “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”

Comment

• Heh.

https://twitter.com/fauxpelini/statu...220831234?s=21
                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

... Also, Frost's time at UCF will strengthen Florida recruiting ties that he will then put to use when he replaces Riley at Nebraska.
                            Originally posted by imanihonjin View Post
                            Yep, I am sure there scores of highly talented Floridians who just can't wait to take their talents to Lincoln.
                            Nebraska and Scott Frost announced another top 25 recruiting class earlier this week that included 7 Florida players (30% of its class). Of the 7 players, 4 are 4* star recruits. All of them received offers or significant interest from the big three Florida schools. Nebraska still has a long way to go to regain national relevancy but it looks like Frost will be given the time to continue to recruit and rebuild (and hopefully win). He was given a two-year contract extension (thru 2026) despite Nebraska not going to a bowl game in his first two seasons.

Comment

Nebraska and Scott Frost announced another top 25 recruiting class earlier this week that included 7 Florida players (30% of its class). Of the 7 players, 4 are 4* star recruits. All of them received offers or significant interest from the big three Florida schools. Nebraska still has a long way to go to regain national relevancy but it looks like Frost will be given the time to continue to recruit and rebuild (and hopefully win). He was given a two-year contract extension (thru 2026) despite Nebraska not going to a bowl game in his first two seasons.
                              Nebraska doubles down! GM would approve.
                              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Nebraska doubles down! GM would approve.
                                I think it's the smart bet. Full disclosure: it's probably the only bet.

Comment

Working...
                                X