No announcement yet.

MLB 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had they any honor, the Mariner front office would commit joint seppuku. 0-5 at home and a total of 7 runs scored in those games. They've become the Cleveland Browns of the MLB.
    When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
      Had they any honor, the Mariner front office would commit joint seppuku. 0-5 at home and a total of 7 runs scored in those games. They've become the Cleveland Browns of the MLB.
      Get back to me after decades of irrelevance. #KCRoyalsarefinallyback!

Comment

Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
        I take it you don't follow the ebb and flow of a typical season...
        "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
        "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
        - SeattleUte

Comment

I hate the Red Sox.
          I'm like LeBron James.
          -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
            I hate the Red Sox.
            No worries, there's still time enough in the season for the Red Sox to finish last again in the AL East; they're on a streak in that regard. I apologize on behalf of the Red Sox for spoiling the O's perfect season.
            “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
            "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

Comment

Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
              I take it you don't follow the ebb and flow of a typical season...
              I can tell you haven't followed the ebb and flow of the Mariners' past 15 years. It's been mostly ebb.
              When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

I was going to post this in the Cubs thread, but foolishly spent too much time on it (though it doesn't look it) for only Falafel and possibly MRD to see it. This way SJS will see it too.

The data is a few hours old, so it will look a bit worse for the Cubs after today's game, it appears, but it shows why Cub fans are fairly happy so far.

The vertical axis is runs allowed per game, and the horizontal axis is runs scored per game, so the bottom-right is the sweet spot, and the top-left is the area of sadness. The average in MLB so far is 4.25.

I'll leave it to the guys who are able to spend more time on it than I am to say whether the Cubs' start is based on luck, or the early stages of a 125 win season.

Last edited by Clark Addison; 04-23-2016, 07:04 PM. Reason: Cubs's??

Comment

Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post
                  I was going to post this in the Cubs thread, but foolishly spent too much time on it (though it doesn't look it) for only Falafel and possibly MRD to see it. This way SJS will see it too.

The data is a few hours old, so it will look a bit worse for the Cubs after today's game, it appears, but it shows why Cub fans are fairly happy so far.

The vertical axis is runs allowed per game, and the horizontal axis is runs scored per game, so the bottom-right is the sweet spot, and the top-left is the area of sadness. The average in MLB so far is 4.25.

I'll leave it to the guys who are able to spend more time on it than I am to say whether the Cubs' start is based on luck, or the early stages of a 125 win season.

Lol. This is cute. Just the other day, a few Cubs fans on my fb feed were over-celebrating the mini sweep of the Cards, and it made it clear just how most Cubs fans are buying in a little too hard to this season's start.

If the Cubs can't pull it off this year, if will be especially painful for the fans.
                  Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                    Lol. This is cute. Just the other day, a few Cubs fans on my fb feed were over-celebrating the mini sweep of the Cards, and it made it clear just how most Cubs fans are buying in a little too hard to this season's start.

If the Cubs can't pull it off this year, if will be especially painful for the fans.
                    In my circle, Cubs fans under 30 or who came on board relatively recently (and I welcome anyone) are exuberant. The ones who have been around the block a bit more are also very happy, and they combine a large dose of "It has to happen sometime!" with "How will God smite us this year?". Is the Schwarber injury a foreshadowing of injuries to come? Will Arrieta suddenly be suspended for steroid use? Will the new disco ball in the clubhouse fall on Joe Madden's head, making him forget all he ever knew about baseball? We've seen a lot of things before, but the Cubs have ways of surprising us still.

Comment

One of the better punches landed, in pretty much all of sports:

"...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                      "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                      - SeattleUte

Comment

Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                        One of the better punches landed, in pretty much all of sports:

Better jaw. Odor and the rangers are a bunch of bitches. Waiting until the last at bat in the last meeting between these two teams to plunk Joey Bats.
                        "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                        -Turtle
                        sigpic

Comment

Odor has a history of using that same push and punch combo.

*Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                            Better jaw. Odor and the rangers are a bunch of bitches. Waiting until the last at bat in the last meeting between these two teams to plunk Joey Bats.
                            His response was great:

http://www.circasports.com/posts/321...ed?a_aid=40277

He got me pretty good so I'll have to give him that. But it takes a little bit of a bigger man to knock me down.
                            "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                              Odor has a history of using that same push and punch combo.

Well at least the rest of the league know his combo now. Shame on them if he connects again.
                              - SeattleUte

Comment

It's dumb to add Ichiro's numbers from Japan on his hit total like ESPN does on various pages.

Possibly, Ichiro would have had an early career similar to Tony Gwynn. He plays half the time for a couple seasons when he's around 22, collects some hits and then hits his stride around the time he's 24. Based off of that, Ichiro would have had three 200+ hit seasons before he was 27 (his age when he debuted with the Mariners) and collected, maybe, a total of another 200 hits combined from his first couple seasons.

Right now, he'd be sitting on around 3,800 hits which would be incredible.
                                Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

Working...
                                X