Thread: That thread where mpfunk complains about sub-fora variety

Default That thread where mpfunk complains about sub-fora variety

Dude we really need to get a women's volleyball category so that people aren't putting this stuff in the basketball forum.

Also, a swimming forum so I have somewhere to brag about Utah getting a commit from Claire Jackson.
    The crux of what has traumatized us about CUF/CG is that we thought they were our friends. And their identity as BYU fans turned out to be the most important thing to them. What empty lives! What a damning indictment of the LDS Church!
    --SeattleUte

He who drinks beer sleeps well. He who sleeps well cannot sin. He who does not sin goes to heaven. The logic is impeccable.
    --Charles W. Bamforth, Ph.D.

Quote Originally Posted by mpfunk View Post
    Dude we really need to get a women's volleyball category so that people aren't putting this stuff in the basketball forum.

Also, a swimming forum so I have somewhere to brag about Utah getting a commit from Claire Jackson.
    When I rafted some rapids near Bend, OR on the Deschutes River the guide had been a scholarship swimmer at the U. He thought the coach was a bit of a prick.
    Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
    -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
    -DOCTOR Wuap

Pre-Historic Man

Quote Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
    When I rafted some rapids near Bend, OR on the Deschutes River the guide had been a scholarship swimmer at the U. He thought the coach was a bit of a prick.
    I had a relative that swam for Don Reddon when the Utes were successful in swimming, back in the 80s.
    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

I am waiting for wally to weigh in before we do anything rash.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Pre-Historic Man

It would be enjoyable to have an additional "other BYU sports in which BYU excels" forum. Only a few of us follow the Olympic sports from a college perspective, but I have buried a few threads in the basketball forum for no other reason as there was no logical place to start a BYU discussion. Sports to be included would be Cross Country, Baseball, Track, Volleyball, Swimming, Rugby, Soccer and perhaps Softball. We would not include gymnastics. Golf could be discussed once the Cougs rise up to their natural place in the world.

It would be great to have a general skiing/snowboard subforum.
    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

I would like to complain that there is not a sub-fora devoted specifically to the sketch comedy show the State and various projects done by members of the State after it was off the air.
    The crux of what has traumatized us about CUF/CG is that we thought they were our friends. And their identity as BYU fans turned out to be the most important thing to them. What empty lives! What a damning indictment of the LDS Church!
    --SeattleUte

He who drinks beer sleeps well. He who sleeps well cannot sin. He who does not sin goes to heaven. The logic is impeccable.

Boy you sure complain a lot, funk.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

The NHL is better than all other professional sports. I am lodging my specific complaint that there is not a sub-fora devoted to the NHL where Flystripper and I can discuss the greatest of all games.
    --SeattleUte

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Boy you sure complain a lot, funk.
    I'm lodging my official complaint that there is not a sub-fora devoted to my complaints.
    --SeattleUte

I'm lodging my official complaint that there is not a sub-fora devoted to my complaints.
    Hey, I can do that one.

--SeattleUte

Suomalainen New Mexican Disaster's Avatar

I would like to complain that there is not a sub-fora devoted specifically to the sketch comedy show the State and various projects done by members of the State after it was off the air.
    I agree that this is upsetting.

The NHL is better than all other professional sports. I am lodging my specific complaint that there is not a sub-fora devoted to the NHL where Flystripper and I can discuss the greatest of all games.
    Nope, it's not.
    Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Douger View Post
    Nope, it's not.
    I'd like to complain that there isn't a sub-fora for people to complain about my variety of sub-fora complaints in the thread about my sub-fora complaints.

This post is bullshit and contrary to the stated purpose of this thread.
    --SeattleUte

Just throw all the shit in the hockey thread. It might actually get some views.
    *Banned*

I'd like to complain that there isn't a sub-fora for people to complain about my variety of sub-fora complaints in the thread about my sub-fora complaints.

stop saying "a sub-fora." It is getting on my nerves. fora is plural.
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

Hockey sucks and will continue to be a fringe sport for 11 or 12 Americans and all of Canada.
    Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

Could we change the title to just be "This is the thread where mpfunk complains"?

And then limit all of his complaints about everything to this one thread?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    Could we change the title to just be "This is the thread where mpfunk complains"?

And then limit all of his complaints about everything to this one thread?

Thanks!
    Does he really deserve a thread to lodge his complaints when he already has a thread to list the stuff he hates?
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Quote Originally Posted by Donuthole View Post
    Does he really deserve a thread to lodge his complaints when he already has a thread to list the stuff he hates?
    I kind of miss Lingo. I wonder what happened to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Donuthole View Post
    Well as long as there exists a set of complaints about things he does not hate, then there is a clear need for general (non sub-fora) complaint thread.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Douger View Post
    Hockey sucks and will continue to be a fringe sport for 11 or 12 Americans and all of Canada.
    This post sucks.