Auftauchen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by outlier View Post
    The political forum seemed maybe 15-20% less shrill.

It's been a long time, I just remember there were a couple of boorish people who seemed to rule some parts of the site and who seemed more into "winning" than communicating. Kind of like all forums everywhere, I guess.
    I think you're going to like this place a lot better than before!
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

It's been a long time, I just remember there were a couple of boorish people who seemed to rule some parts of the site and who seemed more into "winning" than communicating. Kind of like all forums everywhere, I guess.
      I'm both hoping and not hoping that he's referring to me.
      "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Welcome

Love your avatar

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Comment

I think you're referring to TripletDaddy. Unfortunately, he's still here.
          When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
            I think you're referring to TripletDaddy. Unfortunately, he's still here.
            And still winning.
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
              I'm both hoping and not hoping that he's referring to me.
              Is this my question? That's -- well, my expectations were built up a little higher than that.

Anyway -- the place does seem less win-by-shouting oriented. Gauging by how many usernames look familiar from the old days (mostly the three months I was on CG probably), it could just be that everyone's older than they used to be. In a good way maybe.

o

Comment

outlier, leave the LDS church before it rips your family apart!
                Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Outlier has been back two days, but so far I am unable to detect a rise in the quality of discourse around here.

Come on, man! Get to work.
                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                  "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                    Outlier has been back two days, but so far I am unable to detect a rise in the quality of discourse around here.

Come on, man! Get to work.
                    The basis point referenced was from six years ago as opposed to two days ago, so I'm not sure this is a valid complaint. Further, it's possible that our perceptions differed and continue to differ. Now what?

outlier, leave the LDS church before it rips your family apart!
                    I'm already single. What more can it do at this point?

o

Comment

The basis point referenced was from six years ago as opposed to two days ago, so I'm not sure this is a valid complaint. Further, it's possible that our perceptions differed and continue to differ. Now what?

I'm already single. What more can it do at this point?

o
                      The arguments cycle and re-cycle with very little new discourse. Some enjoyable people to be around are here, but the level of discourse is unremarkable.

You could become a gay parent; that would shake things up a bit, if you are of an inquiring mind.

Mit anderen Worten, wir moechten Dir willkommenheissen weil Du zu uns gekommen bist.
                      Last edited by Topper; 11-30-2015, 04:53 PM.
                      "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

If this guy were still around, I might ask him a question.
                        "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                          If this guy were still around, I might ask him a question.
                          Eh, "around".

I get the lack of new threads now. In case anyone wanted validation.

o

Comment

Working...
                          X