Kauai

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
    I won't add anything to my 2015 summary above, but we're happy to be heading back in a few months. We liked the Big Island, but Kauai remains our favorite. Rain has never prevented us from doing what we wanted to do, since the temps are always fine and rain rarely lasts for very long.

If you decide to hit the Big Island, you have to hike around the volcano in the south, and, if the weather is good, take a dinner tour from Kona to the top of Mauna Kea at sunset. VERY memorable.
    I endorse this post. Kauai is our favorite as well. Big Island is great, but it is so, well, big. You have to do both of them, IMO, but Kauai is the one I like to go back to.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

thanks for the responses. Now I just have to figure out a way to pass this info along to my wife that doesn't involve the phrase: "according to all my internet friends...."

Comment

I've convinced the missus that Kauai is the best choice for our little get away. Going through the process of looking at different options as to where to stay- debating between the Grand Hyatt or VRBOing a condo. Found a place called Timbers Ocean Club that looks really nice. For a week in August the price seemed reasonable (by Hawaii standards) $2900..... until I looked closer, that is the price per night :surprise:

https://www.timberskauai.com/lifestyle/

Comment

Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
          I've convinced the missus that Kauai is the best choice for our little get away. Going through the process of looking at different options as to where to stay- debating between the Grand Hyatt or VRBOing a condo. Found a place called Timbers Ocean Club that looks really nice. For a week in August the price seemed reasonable (by Hawaii standards) $2900..... until I looked closer, that is the price per night :surprise:

No way!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
            No way!!!!
            I'm going to be honest. Sarcasm doesn't help me have a great day.

Comment

I'm going to be honest. Sarcasm doesn't help me have a great day.
              Try making a few more snarky posts in the Utah Jazz thread. That should do the trick!
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                Try making a few more snarky posts in the Utah Jazz thread. That should do the trick!
                uninformed snarky posts.
                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
                  uninformed snarky posts.

If i can’t make those, what else is left? Topper has already cornered the market on googling sh** and acting like it’s your own original thought. How about false outrage over anything the LDS Church does? Is there anymore room on the Sooner Boomer?

Comment

If i can’t make those, what else is left? Topper has already cornered the market on googling sh** and acting like it’s your own original thought. How about false outrage over anything the LDS Church does? Is there anymore room on the Sooner Boomer?
                    I am following your saga with interest, Art. Have you tried VBRO? I am seeing tons of affordable condos there.
                    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Stay away from the north side in the near future. I have a friend that lives in Princeville and she's spent the last couple of weeks doing aid work. Evidently the area is pretty torn up.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                        Stay away from the north side in the near future. I have a friend that lives in Princeville and she's spent the last couple of weeks doing aid work. Evidently the area is pretty torn up.
                        eh, I could see bishop and sister vandelay doing a service vacation out there.
                        I'm like LeBron James.
                        -mpfunk

Comment

We were over there last month and stayed at the Marriott Beach Club which is right around the corner from the Timbers and nowhere near $2900 a night. One day it rained 5 inches on the north side but we were still able to find some sun around Poipu. The day after the rain storm we went over to the north side and some of the roads were down to one lane because of the flooding, I can't imagine what that 30 inches one day did to the place. If you go over look up Secret Beach or Kauapea Beach, it's a little tough to find, hence the name Secret Beach, but really was one of the most beautiful beaches I've been too. Soft sand, big and uncrowded and if you're brave enough to can decide to keep your suit on or go for the full body tan.

Comment

Here’s the latest from my friend:

Princeville is pretty much back to normal, Hanalei is still struggling, but encourage them to patronize the shops or restaurants in Hanalei if they can. They can still see Hanalei bay and the famous pier, but Weke road and parking is closed. There is another parking lot open near the lifeguard stations. Patronage will help Hanalei right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I had a bunch of Hyatt points, so we're staying at the Grand Hyatt. Other than the obvious activities (golf, and ..ummm.... golf) what else should we do while there? It will just be me and my wife; we're making the 15YO go slum it in Utah.

Comment

I had a bunch of Hyatt points, so we're staying at the Grand Hyatt. Other than the obvious activities (golf, and ..ummm.... golf) what else should we do while there? It will just be me and my wife; we're making the 15YO go slum it in Utah.
                                We did a fun kayak and hike thing when we were there 17 years ago. Also hit up Polihale State Park for an awesome and pretty deserted beach.
                                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X